The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Finally found a 75ml bottle of my beloved 12A02 which I previously had a decant.

Starts off with a screeching loud sour lemon iris similar to the top notes in my 2008 bottle. The lemon note sticks around for 30 or so minutes and can be a bit harsh for some individuals depending on how many sprays but I like it. Then a violet note peeks through, this is probably the best violet note if ever smelled because it blends perfectly well with the loud lemon note. This lemon-iris-violet blend is the best rendition of an Irish countryside I've smelled in any batch but it can't be smelled directly, the Irish countryside is best smelled from the sillage and on some occasions. Its like you're right there! As the top notes fade, the violet sticks around and smells almost purple until the dry down comes in and smells richer in the ambergris side with some notes of dry dry sandalwood coming in and out.

I cant tell which one I like more, my 11U01 or the 12A02 but 12A02 is probably way stronger.

Now what's interesting is that now that my 17V01 has had time to mature, it tries to do something similar to 12A02 on a linear scale. It tries to recreate the Irish country side note using a very green violet leaf. 17V01 is not as complex but it hits the right notes and gets close. So I wouldn't mind picking up more of the 2014-2019 batches.

valantis

May 29, 2016
Unfortunately it seems the quality has actually went down a lot sooner than expected or it’s a maceration process currently happening. Time will tell, but if it is indeed a loss of quality Creed (Blackrock) will lose their consumer base extremely quick. People that buy Creed already have an expectation and a taste for quality through and through. Those consumers are not easily fooled and don’t desire to drop hundreds of dollars for subpar crap the next few years for Creed will sure be interesting and don’t look very promising with the current feedback rolling in.

..I agree, time will tell!

Last edited:

Nasenmann

Aug 16, 2010
Somehow I fell out of love for GIT. We had a great run, loved and then liked for many years but haven't reached for it in recent years.

Sloth

Jan 11, 2019
I realise this is a GIT thread so perhaps you guys are all predisposed to favour and defend GIT and that I may be leaning on either an open or a closed, locked and bolted door but has anyone tried Floris JF lately?

Did you find it a favourable alternative (not replacement) to GIT?
Did you get reasonable performance?
A new 100ml bottle of JF can be had for under £60 delivered here in the UK so, at that price...is it worth it?
Then again I can get a new 200ml bottle of CW for £28 delivered!!!
Or are they different enough to not make each other redundant? (I'm talking CW/JF not GIT)

I have flirted a few times with buying GIT and again recently but reports of declining performance and scent quality have put me off and I don't want to run down the rabbit hole of batch chasing.

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
Newbie Q:
I am considering getting a 30 or 50ml decant of GIT and the batch I would buy it from is a 19Y01.
Thus I had a question consisting batch and smells.

I recently bought a 2ml sample from a store with the intention to find a less synthetic, more refined version of my soon empty Bleecker Street by Bond n9.
Unfortunately, I have no idea what batch i got to sample. I asked the store and they replied that they're currently selling 20D01N batch BUT they also told me "the batch of the tester, samples and the sales product often aren't the same. Creed doesn't take into account the possibility of differences, meaning that we can sometimes receive 48 bottles of batch A and a tester of batch B."

I am a bit in the dark of what to expect here.
What I got from the sample is a nice, rather linear green/grassy scent with hints of violet (don't get too much iris). Smells higer end designer though.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Newbie Q:
I am considering getting a 30 or 50ml decant of GIT and the batch I would buy it from is a 19Y01.
Thus I had a question consisting batch and smells.

I recently bought a 2ml sample from a store with the intention to find a less synthetic, more refined version of my soon empty Bleecker Street by Bond n9.
Unfortunately, I have no idea what batch i got to sample. I asked the store and they replied that they're currently selling 20D01N batch BUT they also told me "the batch of the tester, samples and the sales product often aren't the same. Creed doesn't take into account the possibility of differences, meaning that we can sometimes receive 48 bottles of batch A and a tester of batch B."

I am a bit in the dark of what to expect here.
What I got from the sample is a nice, rather linear green/grassy scent with hints of violet (don't get too much iris). Smells higer end designer though.

You’ll enjoy the 19y01 more than the 2020 sample you tried. Any batch with an N in it after 2019 is reformulated and does not have lyral in it. Get the 19Y01 and let us know how you like it and what it smells like.

Sloth

Jan 11, 2019
Just to note, whenever anyone posts about GIT or GIT related issues on the main forum, they get moved to this location.

However, unless they are 'batch' related they then get ignored.

can I therefore ask that, if this is only a place to discuss batch issues, then we stop moving non batch related threads/posts from the main forum to here where they will fester and fade away, generally unanswered?

Just saying.

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
You’ll enjoy the 19y01 more than the 2020 sample you tried. Any batch with an N in it after 2019 is reformulated and does not have lyral in it. Get the 19Y01 and let us know how you like it and what it smells like.

Thank you, I am relieved.
Once my Bleecker Street bottle is empty I'll contact Helder from the split forum here (had great previous experience) and keep you posted

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Thank you, I am relieved.
Once my Bleecker Street bottle is empty I'll contact Helder from the split forum here (had great previous experience) and keep you posted

Those splits tend to sell out pretty quickly. Might be best to acquire the split now before the 19Y01 batches are gone

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
GIT is a beauty in any weather, but especially in spring showers.

100% correct. I originally bought sycomore for my rainy day scent but I found that I wore GIT for every single rainy day because thats when it shined the most

Got to agree with you both on this. I don't know if it's the mossy greens in GIT that have that effect on me, but this along with Patrick (FoI) evoke strong memories of damp countryside in Spring and/or Autumn.

kunandrei

May 25, 2020
Hi all,

Recently acquired a bottle of 2015 batch, 15R02 batch and what strikes me is the difference between the samples I've tried on the new batches. I have put side by side the 15R02 compared with newer ones and here is the difference

15r02 - opening smells very weird, almost like something gone bad in it or like the fragrance expired. It is sour, harsh, lot of alcohol, darker, greener and very very peppery and spicy, there's nothing smooth or bright in it.
sample - bright, light, soapy, lemony, refined, smooth and modern. I can smell the lemon and soap without feeling the greener, soury peppery smell like the 15r02.
The base of both smells almost the same. 15R02 lasts bit longer than the sample.

I never smelled older batches prior to buying this one and kind of expecting the same smell, or at least not that big difference. I am curious to hear your thoughts and experiences. Will it develop better if I let it sit for couple of week? Is it because possibly stored improperly?

valantis

May 29, 2016
(kunandrei)
I have the same batch and i know exactly what you smell in this bottle..The opening is weird...There is also a weird note during the middle notes....I guess the aging process in this batch it wasn't that good...The late drydown is nice tho...I guess when this batch was first produced was a good one...It's a shame because the mids notes have that melon / watermelon vibe from Millesime Imperial!

Last edited:

valantis

May 29, 2016
Hi all,

Recently acquired a bottle of 2015 batch, 15R02 batch and what strikes me is the difference between the samples I've tried on the new batches. I have put side by side the 15R02 compared with newer ones and here is the difference

15r02 - opening smells very weird, almost like something gone bad in it or like the fragrance expired. It is sour, harsh, lot of alcohol, darker, greener and very very peppery and spicy, there's nothing smooth or bright in it.
sample - bright, light, soapy, lemony, refined, smooth and modern. I can smell the lemon and soap without feeling the greener, soury peppery smell like the 15r02.
The base of both smells almost the same. 15R02 lasts bit longer than the sample.

I never smelled older batches prior to buying this one and kind of expecting the same smell, or at least not that big difference. I am curious to hear your thoughts and experiences. Will it develop better if I let it sit for couple of week? Is it because possibly stored improperly?

GIT seems to be the most sensitive fragrance ever made!

Last edited:

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Hi all,

Sounds like some old rancid oils may be sitting on the sprayer.
What I do is lightly pull off the round sprayer, warm up some water and mix it with a little bit of dish soap. let the small sprayer sit in the solution for 2 minutes then take it out and immediately rinse quickly and spray one spray quickly.

I've found this to clean the spray mechanism and clean out the scent.

It could also be that the batch has a harsher lemon in the top. My 2008 bottle is super harsh in the top but lightens up as you wear it.

N0tlee

Jul 3, 2017
Does anyone know when Creed changed their flacons. I see a 16.6 oz flacon of GIT for sale online and it's an all green glass bottle. Anyone have any idea what year it could be from.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Does anyone know when Creed changed their flacons. I see a 16.6 oz flacon of GIT for sale online and it's an all green glass bottle. Anyone have any idea what year it could be from.

To my knowledge green flacons were made until 2006ish. The last regular release that had green flacons was Original Vetiver although Feuilles Vertes and Royal Ceylan came in those flacons as well.

N0tlee

Jul 3, 2017
To my knowledge green flacons were made until 2006ish. The last regular release that had green flacons was Original Vetiver although Feuilles Vertes and Royal Ceylan came in those flacons as well.

Thanks, I find it hard to believe fragrance net is selling a 2006 flacon! They must not have updated the images!

Jul 7, 2012
Thanks, I find it hard to believe fragrance net is selling a 2006 flacon! They must not have updated the images!

Pics? I don't think I've ever seen Green Irish Tweed in a green flacon. I love the look of the black bottle, but I never understood that design choice. GIT isn't a dark/black kind of scent. It's a handsome looking bottle though. My bottle is a 75ml clear bottle from 2013. The label is weird. It's almost fuzzy and looks like it's ancient, but that's kind of cool actually. And wow, the scent smells so good.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Pics? I don't think I've ever seen Green Irish Tweed in a green flacon. I love the look of the black bottle, but I never understood that design choice. GIT isn't a dark/black kind of scent. It's a handsome looking bottle though. My bottle is a 75ml clear bottle from 2013. The label is weird. It's almost fuzzy and looks like it's ancient, but that's kind of cool actually. And wow, the scent smells so good.

2 years ago there was a seller on ebay that was selling off a green flacon of GIT. It was from some family member's collection. There was a good number of pictures of the actual flacon and not some single generic picture that some sellers may provide. The biggest concern that I have over it is leakage during transit.

Jul 7, 2012
2 years ago there was a seller on ebay that was selling off a green flacon of GIT. It was from some family member's collection. There was a good number of pictures of the actual flacon and not some single generic picture that some sellers may provide. The biggest concern that I have over it is leakage during transit.

Ohhhhh... you're talking about the BIIIIIIIG ones. Gotcha. I thought you meant a 120ml black bottle, but green.

N0tlee

Jul 3, 2017
GIT.jpg
Here is the picture that fragrance net is using.
All of their other pictures of flacons with other fragrances have the new updated clear flacons, so I'm wondering what's up.

Latest News