The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

G Man

Feb 4, 2007
Post all GIT questions about batch/lot numbers, fakes, longevity, bottle changes, how many times it gets you laid,... in this thread!

Let's see how this goes!

Hopefully this helps alleviate the unnecessary GIT threads per day on this board. "But but GMan that's such a stupid idea to dedicate a thread to a single fragrance." Eat it. It's better to see one thread about GIT a day than 44.

EnricoIT

Feb 24, 2011
Well, I received my first vial sample today (ordered on eBay) and I'm going to try it in the following days...
I already have Silver Mountain Water, Aventus and Millesime Imperial, at a first glance I think GIT may be more suited to a mature man compared to the other ones (I'm 26)

Last edited:

Nanook

Jul 29, 2010
boyatmovieseatpopcorn.jpg

Gilgamesh2003

Apr 10, 2009
Guys, can you help me determine if my GIT is authentic? I got it from an ebay seller from Xilinhot, Mongolia for $3.50 including shipping. It didn't come with a box or a bottle, the frag was just in a plastic bag from Target tied shut with a rubber band. The lot number written on the bag is "4," what year would that have been?

Also, the bag has started leaking, has anyone had this happen before? Should I order another bag of GIT from the seller? Should I switch to Virgin Island Water? Should I bring the bag with me to the clubs so I can re-apply in the bathroom? Also what does GIT smell like?

Force of One

Banned
Jun 12, 2010
If anyone would like to sell/donate a small sample of GIT for a panty dropping experiment I'm doing, feel free to PM and see how you can contribute to scientific advancement!

checker

Nov 28, 2004
I started a recent thread on git so I figure i would write on this thread. Does anyone get a bitter synthetic note when they first apply git? After 20 min the scent becomes extremely pleasant and becomes more fresh. I don't know of it's my skin chemistry or that's the way git evolves for everyone. I also get good projection for only about an hour, then it becomes close to the skin. Longevity is very spotty, somedays I get 3 hours and other days 6 hours plus.

jmcgonigal

Oct 4, 2010
I love GIT and I love the idea of this thread. I think a thread per popular fragrances is such a good idea. It alleviates the need for 15 thread a day about them. Plus it makes it easier to find information when you come back a month from now. I really hope this idea catches on!

Anť1

Oct 10, 2010
Post all GIT questions about batch/lot numbers, fakes, longevity, bottle changes, how many times it gets you laid,... in this thread!

Let's see how this goes!

Hopefully this helps alleviate the unnecessary GIT threads per day on this board. "But but GMan that's such a stupid idea to dedicate a thread to a single fragrance." Eat it. It's better to see one thread about GIT a day than 44.

Unfortunately I think Salim only reads threads that he himself has started.

mrclmind

Aug 6, 2008
So many unofficial threads about this scent exist! I like it well enough. It's a pleasant scent that many people obviously really enjoy. I personally don't think it warrants the price, but that's just for me.

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
Some conversation starters:

Is GIT:
-Awesome?
-Kind of awesome?
-Questionable awesomeness?
-A panty-dropper?
-A panty reinforcer?
-An old man scent?
-A Cool Water?
-Made of all-natural materials?
-Worn by the Pope?

Renato

Oct 21, 2002
I compared Green Irish Tweed with Davidoff's Hot Water the other day.
The two seemed strangely dissimilar to me.
What are your thoughts?
Renato

taint it sweet

Sep 12, 2010
I actually have a question... Is there a good way to determine how much is left in the 4oz flask other than just guessing based on weight?

taint it sweet

Sep 12, 2010
Wouldn't it have to be a mighty powerful flashlight?
Holding it up to the brightest light in my house was pretty useless.
Renato

I have the same problem...no light in my house will show...even up to the window and sunlight.. Maybe I need to go outside.

Addict

Banned
May 17, 2006
Dear Abby

What is the best way to spray GIT?

My grandmother says it should be one to the left knee, one to the right side of the chest, one to the neck but at a 145.5 degrees angle.

My grandfather says that if I don't bring him his damn beer, he will spray my derriere with Old Spice.

I am confused.

Please help

Addict

Banned
May 17, 2006
Last question: given that my GIT is being autographed by Erwin Creed, should I spray from an unnatural angle just so I preserve the signature, or should I smear the signature with my unworthy fingers and not worry about it?

G Man

Feb 4, 2007
Last I heard Erwin Creed sprays GIT in the shape of a crucifix on his chest before putting his shirt on.

ec08.jpg

Jazznpool

Dec 29, 2010
Very satisfied with GIT from flacon FP3209X01 purchased from a Florida vendor and just opened tonight. Much more potent/ full bodied than what I received in a tester (from 08 I think) about 5 months ago. At that time I couldn't quite understand the attraction to GIT. Now it makes sense to me. I like GIT but it will take a while for me to get a better feel for it and where it belongs in my wardrobe.

Martin

G Man

Feb 4, 2007
Very satisfied with GIT from flacon FP3209X01 purchased from a Florida vendor and just opened tonight. Much more potent/ full bodied than what I received in a tester (from 08 I think) about 5 months ago. At that time I couldn't quite understand the attraction to GIT. Now it makes sense to me. I like GIT but it will take a while for me to get a better feel for it and where it belongs in my wardrobe.

Martin

Oh no! Dang. I have a tester from 08 I believe, I also bought it in December online. I've sampled GIT from retailers many times and my tester smells similar to most...I guess my 08 one has more of stronger floral/sweet musky(ambergris?) punch. But it is very potent I feel. Lasts forever on me. Easily 8 hours. But I don't get much of a sharp floral note in this bottle like I did in a sample last year. I have a sample from Nordstrom I just got recently. I should compare them.

Could you describe what you mean by full bodied?

Sniffa

Aug 19, 2010
Wow.. the official'ness of this thread reminds me of Pure Malt forum...

Anyways, has anyone found where to get GIT online from discounters? FragranceNet, StrawberryNet, and BeautyEncounter haven't got GIT in stock for months.

As for how many time GIT got me laid, NONE. With ADG I already lost count.

EDIT:: If Creed makes GIT stick to skin more then I'll probably get laid... because as soon as my shirt is off the chicks grabbed the shirt and made a run for it :(

Last edited:

Latest News