The Official Amouage Fragrance Thread

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Everything and anything Amouage welcome thoughts, opinions, and experiences from this awesome niche house.

I plan to test Memoir Man and Lyric Man soon, I still need to wear my Interlude, Reflection, Journey splits I’ve had them for awhile now!

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
I always feel like I get my money's worth with Amouage. I've yet to smell Figment and Beach Hut. BTW, had anyone heard about Opus XI? No new addition for the Library Collection last year. I believe that's the first year there hasn't been a new one since this line began.

Trauerkraut

Nov 14, 2009
Amouage, one of the great houses! My favorites: Bracken Man, Ciel Man, Dia Man, Honour Man.

'Bracken Man' (2016) by Fabrice Pellegrin & Olivier Cresp for Amouage Perfumes Muscat Oman @Amou.jpg'Ciel pour Homme' (2003) by @AmouagePerfumes Muscat Oman (01bf).jpg

'Dia Man' (2002) by @AmouageOfficial Perfumes Muscat Oman (01bc).jpg'Honour Man' (2011) by Nathalie Feisthauer for @AmouageOfficial Muscat Oman (01bb).jpg

Last edited:

succio

Jun 11, 2016
own interlude and jubilation, interlude being probably my favorite fragrance ever

Im also most likely getting a bottle of journey, that stuff smells great

Jazznpool

Dec 29, 2010
I have Journey Man and Reflection Man. I've previously had Gold Man and Jub XXV and sold them. I'm going to re-purchase Gold Man in the near future. The prices are now 50% of what they were 8-9 years ago when I was getting my bottles from an Oman seller. Overall good value in fine fragrance with Amouage IMO.

Last edited:

sjg3839

Aug 21, 2012
Great house. Own Memoir Man, Jubilation XXV, Epic Man and Interlude Man. Sampled Journey Man and it's pretty good also.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Not a fan of Honour. It feels a bit on the lighter, less hefty side of the Amouage spectrum-and from Amouage one usually wants more heft. Also, I don't like pepper in perfumes.

As for Amouage in general, I feel that their masculine side has survived and thrived better than the feminine one. Some of the feminines were reformulated quite badly, and the newer ones didn't really click for me (except Fate, which is more stereotypically masculine anyway).

cacio

Cheetah1919

Mar 16, 2016
Amouage has taken over CDG as my new favorite house! I appreciate almost every one of their offerings and have bought three new FB’s in the last few months. Also waiting on a Memoir FB that I purchased from a fellow basenoter. My top 6.....

1. Jubilation xxv
2. Epic Man
3. Interlude Man
4. Memoir Man
5. Bracken Man
6. Journey Man

Hothamwater

Apr 25, 2012
I have Journey Man and Reflection Man. I've previously had Gold Man and Jub XXV and sold them. I'm going to re-purchase Gold Man in the near future. The prices are now 50% of what they were 8-9 years ago when I was getting my bottles from an Oman seller. Overall good value in fine fragrance with Amouage IMO.

Gold Man was reformulated in 2011 to the point of nearly being a new fragrance. Sucks.

Pauer_Haus

Jun 3, 2016
I've been curious about the Opus line, any standout men's fragrances there? I love Interlude and own a bottle, and really enjoyed Memoir but not enough to buy a bottle.

Dandydude

Sep 26, 2015
I own and really enjoy:
Dia Man
Sunshine Man
Epic Man
Lyric Man
Jubilation XXV
Reflection
Interlude
Beloved
Honour

I’ll probably end up selling Interlude, Beloved, and Honour. I just don’t wear them enough and I enjoy the others more.

I’d love to try Beach hut

Braken, Ciel, Silver, Memoir, and Gold were all nice but I wasn't compelled to purchase them.

Last edited:

NZFH

Apr 27, 2016
How does Honour Man compare to the other Amouage fragrances, I’ve read people say it’s average for a Amouage. Can anyone shed some light on these opinions and give their view and experience on Honour Man?

Certainly can. Own a full bottle. Wore it again for the first time in ages the other night, and was blown away all over again. Really well-balanced, one of the more subtle Amouages, but very classy, masculine, and versatile.

It's like a really good woody/peppery Comme des Garcons scent, but with longevity/performance CdG can't manage.

NZFH

Apr 27, 2016
I always feel like I get my money's worth with Amouage. I've yet to smell Figment and Beach Hut. BTW, had anyone heard about Opus XI? No new addition for the Library Collection last year. I believe that's the first year there hasn't been a new one since this line began.

I could be wrong, but somehow I got the impression that Opus X was to be the last of the series.

RealBlast3

Apr 7, 2017
My favorites that stand out to me the most are:

1. Lyric Man
2. Bracken Man
3. Sunshine Man

I enjoy their incense scents, too, which is where they have made their fame, and yet, I prefer these others, which are nothing like that, much more.

Valier

Aug 11, 2016
My favorites happen to be in the opus series, but for what it's worth the female counterparts were really good, slightly feminine but leaning unisex

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
How strong is Journey Man, looking to test my split bottle and recall others saying it’s like Interlude Man but not as loud. Would 1-3 sprays be ok for a days wear I don’t want it over the top loud if it’s like Interlude Man and overwhelm everyone around me.

jabar

Apr 24, 2011
How strong is Journey Man, looking to test my split bottle and recall others saying it’s like Interlude Man but not as loud. Would 1-3 sprays be ok for a days wear I don’t want it over the top loud if it’s like Interlude Man and overwhelm everyone around me.
Journey is wickedly strong. The saffron/tobacco combo is very loud and requires careful application. 1-2 sprays max, and nowhere near the face.

When I first tried it, I did a wrist test spray which hit my rubber Fitbit strap; I could smell Journey there 2 weeks later while backpacking in humid southern China. My next wear was 5 sprays for work and I torched my nose—and probably my colleagues'.

I'd say its strength is similar to Interlude, but features louder topnotes while Interlude has a deeper heart and base.

Way Off Scenter

Old Dog
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2014
I have some decants of the following fragrances

Jubilation XXV - Love
Reflection Man - Like
Interlude - "Dislike" (never wearing it since it is too strong/weird for me)

Based on that, could someone recommend me some of the ones which are easier to wear?

Dia Man is easy for me to wear. It's comparatively understated, but still complex. There are many complaints regarding performance, but I've found that Dia remains quietly present for several hours, making repeat appearances long after I've assumed it's dissipated. I've also found Lyric Man and Myths Man to be less overbearing than Gold, Fate, Journey, or Interlude.

CT3

Mar 18, 2013

It's not near as strong as Interlude imo. That said, you should be fine with just a couple of sprays from Journey. It projects well for me, and has solid longevity. Not many fragrances can go to to toe with Interlude in the longevity/projection department.

Cheetah1919

Mar 16, 2016
Just got my FB of a “vintage” Memoir Man today! There is definitely more depth and something earthier about the older version. Waiting to see how long these two sprays last...I’m betting on 14+ hours!

Love the Journey description above too. I find the saffron really nice, but very potent. Journey is under appreciated imo.

Hothamwater

Apr 25, 2012
It's not near as strong as Interlude imo. That said, you should be fine with just a couple of sprays from Journey. It projects well for me, and has solid longevity. Not many fragrances can go to to toe with Interlude in the longevity/projection department.

Interlude should've been named Infinity. The word "Interlude" implies a respite of some kind.

:cheesy:

Last edited:

Latest News