The most disgusting, repulsive fragrances:

Ren

Jun 1, 2005
Let's make a list!

I'll start.

Chaps
Pasha

and a few that others like but I can't stand: Jaipur and Sisley Eau de Campagne.

Ren

Jun 1, 2005
Oh, HOW could I have forgotten about Kouros??!!

Well, add that AND In Motion to my list. Boss In Motion is just plain sickening.

Why Aromatics Elixir? I love that perfume! Quite a blast of patchouli, but it's very pleasant in my opinion :)

scentemental

Jun 11, 2004
[blue]This might be a very idiosyncratic reaction on my part, but Maître Parfumeur et Gantier's *Garrigue*, to my nose, at least, smells like a 4-day-old b.o. and urine mixed together and left out in a plastic cup, in the sun, on a humid day. No offense to fans of this fragrance intended.

scentemental[/blue]

Xen

Jun 3, 2005
Ren said:
Oh, HOW could I have forgotten about Kouros??!!

Well, add that AND In Motion to my list. Boss In Motion is just plain sickening.

Why Aromatics Elixir? I love that perfume! Quite a blast of patchouli, but it's very pleasant in my opinion :)

Yea, I like Aromatics Elixir. Especially the patchouli part. Givenchy Gentleman too!

SmellsLike

Jun 1, 2005
It's rare that I really HATE a fragrance, but I absolutely can not wear most "gourmands" or very sweet orientals:

A*men
Hanae Mori
Rochas Man
Le Male
Dinner by Bobo

Bleh to this whole category, with very few exceptions.

--Steve

Ren

Jun 1, 2005
SmellsLike said:
It's rare that I really HATE a fragrance, but I absolutely can not wear most "gourmands" or very sweet orientals:

A*men
Hanae Mori
Rochas Man
Le Male
Dinner by Bobo

Bleh to this whole category, with very few exceptions.

--Steve

Dinner by Bobo is EXTREMELY repulsive. When I wore it I got this positively disgusting rotten cheese note that I guess was supposed to be enchiladas or something, and it just made me sick. I took a shower and it wouldn't come off...it lasts a long time, which is very UNFORTUNATE in this case!!

gianni

Dec 4, 2004
The top 5 most repulsive fragrances:

DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious

CoL

Basenotes Plus
Mar 31, 2003
Joop! Homme
A*Men
Caron PuH
Angel
Rochas Man

and anything else with bucket loads of raw lavander

Ren

Jun 1, 2005
gianni said:
The top 5 most repulsive fragrances:

DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious
DKNY Be Delicious

Only after 20 minutes. The first 20 minutes are quite pleasant! Then it turns into poo :(

MFfan310

Jun 19, 2004
I couldn't agree more on the Chaps, Joop!, and Kouros, but let me add these to the list:

Paris Hilton for Men - rotten fruit
Gucci Pour Homme (2003) - hamstercage
Anything by Kenneth Cole (Black, Reaction, Signature) - needs no explanation
Polo Green

Any others?

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
The piercing floral notes in Gucci Envy (the women's) make me want to throw things. (And yet today I am wearing Gucci Envy for Men, a scent so warmly spicy and resinous it is hard to believe that it can be even nominally related to the women's version.)

dav-here

Jul 2, 2005
For the guys:

Lagerfeld Classic
Grey Flannel
Fahrenheit

For the gals:

Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds

Bleeeaach!!! [smiley=tongue.gif]

teflondog

Aug 3, 2005
1. Kouros (smells like urine IMO)
2. Trussardi Uomo (also smells like urine IMO)
3. Polo Original (smells like kerosene IMO)
4. Farenheit (also smells like kerosene IMO)
5. Versace Blue Jeans (smells like Grandma IMO)

Needless to say, I do not enjoy the smell of urine or kerosene. I love Grandma but I do not wish to smell like her.

SmellsLike

Jun 1, 2005
Wow, lots of my FAVORITES have been mentioned (Guerlain Vetiver, Gucci PH, Aramis, The Dreamer) along with others that I LIKE and some that I find inoffensive, but lacking in personality. I suppose that's to be expected, given the variety of tastes out there, but it's always interesting to see how people react so differently to the same fragrances.

--Steve

ziffy321

Dec 20, 2004
This thread pops up periodically (i.e. "What fragrances can go to hell!" or "Name one stinker!", etc ...) and I love it. For some strange reason, it seems most of us just LOVE to show how much we hate some frags. I have a rather lengthy list, but tops in my HATE list are:

Cartier Pasha
Versace Blue Jeans
Chanel Allure Sport
Tommy Athletics
Hugo

And that's just the tip ...

Octothorpe

Apr 14, 2004
Iceberg Fluid Man

[move] [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif] [/move]

Ren

Jun 1, 2005
A*Men always brings up controversy. I like it and hate it. I love the chocolate and caramel and "cotton candy", but I hate that note that's underneath it all that I call "scallops" but I know that's not what it is.

That note is even stronger in BMen.

MikeFromManhattan

Jun 2, 2005
Anything that hints of urine, feces, body odor and anything else vile like that!!

There are some fragrances that I don't really care for like Joop, Dreamer or Farenheit, but I would never call them disgusting or repulsive.

iMaverick

Jul 24, 2005
Agua Brava by Puig
Stetson by Mennen
Brut by Faberge

(I can't believe the last two stay on the shelves)

Latest News