The man from Kerala who can make any perfume!

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
tbo, I don’t buy it. This is what the clone house dua fragrance said as well. I tried their fragrances (a while ago) and they were repulsive low grade chemicals.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Bs. If he is so skilled and good, he should be a millionaire and already famous beyond small store in india.
There are quite few stores in Dubai old town like that as well.

Birdboy48

Jul 10, 2011
He seems to know something about something, and if he can work with local customers face-to-face, and they go away happy, then that seems OK to me.

HabibiGotIt

Apr 9, 2020
The cynicism in some of these replies is hilarious. Most likely exhibited by people who have few demonstrable skills or passion - consumers. This man isn't making chemically identical perfumes. He uses his nose, which is probably an innate skill that he honed over a LONG time, to pickup the main notes, and then create a similar perfume. Most commercial fragrances are built out of the same several dozen aromachemicals, isolates, and natural materials. It doesn't strike me as strange that a man with a really well trained nose and significant experience with the materials can do something like this. Very cool. If I go to Dubai I'll ask him to do his best Patou Homme reproduction, lol.

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
The cynicism in some of these replies is hilarious. Most likely exhibited by people who have few demonstrable skills or passion - consumers. This man isn't making chemically identical perfumes. He uses his nose, which is probably an innate skill that he honed over a LONG time, to pickup the main notes, and then create a similar perfume. Most commercial fragrances are built out of the same several dozen aromachemicals, isolates, and natural materials. It doesn't strike me as strange that a man with a really well trained nose and significant experience with the materials can do something like this. Very cool. If I go to Dubai I'll ask him to do his best Patou Homme reproduction, lol.

Let me know how thatll turn out for you :thumbsup:

stuartb

Oct 12, 2019
Bs. If he is so skilled and good, he should be a millionaire and already famous beyond small store in india.
There are quite few stores in Dubai old town like that as well.
His store is in Dubai, the costings are in Dirhams

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
His store is in Dubai, the costings are in Dirhams

Then i might have been around his store than.
I read that he is from town in India, so assumed he stayed there.

Place in Dubai i have been to as well mentioned they can mix any perfume, and at the time i was searching for african leather, and the mix they had was far from what perfume should have been.

Perfumers like Ropeon and Elena take at least month or more to properly balance everything out, and chap in Dubai store can do stuff faster and achieve same result. If anyone wants to believe it, please do, just dont complain once money are spent and reality slaps you in the face :cool:

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
I believe that nobody here doubts that this man - or another - can replicate with aromachemicals - of low quality surely, but this is my opinion - any top-notes of surely almost any perfume.
And taking into account that many current perfumes smell practically the same during the first hour as during the fifth, it could be said that a whole perfume :tongue:
I think that is not strange, at least an "approximation" (our brain makes the rest).

But on the other hand, I at least do not see it very interesting.
I speak from the utmost ignorance but it gives me the feeling that there is more than one such store in Dubai, and most of its clientele will be people who come from another city or country; that is, tourists.
Here's a person - FragSyndrome - who claims to have tried his fragrances and comments that they were repulsive low grade chemicals.

In any case, for interested people like HabibiGotIt or others, you can buy some of their copies online at a very good price.
I see that it does not have Patou Pour Homme but to make a first test, you can buy first Bleu de Chanel or Acqua de Gio :lolk:
If you do, you will tell us about your experience!

https://www.yusufbhai.com/collections/all

By the way, this thread reminded me of a documentary I watched a few weeks ago; If you are interested in the world of art, I recommend it, I greatly enjoyed watching it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbH6mjC4WgI

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
Hey just for the record, I was referring to Dua Fragrances which is a clone house that makes some very similar claims to this guy.

And yea, I don’t doubt that he can throw together a rough approximation of a synthetic scent with aroma chemicals. I really don’t think his clientele have much in the way of standards when it comes to this stuff.

As far as Dua Fragrances go, a while ago I bought some Roja clones from them and they stunk of sharp chemicals in a way that was so abrasive and repulsive that I sent them right back to Dua and had a very frank conversation with the owner/perfumer about this scam that he’s pushing and that he’d be crazy if he though I was going to risk my skin with something that smells like drain cleaner.

Last edited:

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
I think y'all are taking this too seriously. The video is a bit click baity and hyperbolic, but it's cool he's made a business for himself making custom perfumes on the spot. I wouldn't expect miracles but I guess it's a cute souvenir for ppl. I mean, if that host's favorite perfume is Lacoste white, he's probably not too discerning a customer.

After watching youtube suggested this video (the algorithm!) which gives some more background and is a bit less sensationalist.

stuartb

Oct 12, 2019
I've ordered these.. I also emailed him using the Website email address but it bounced back...

If my order is decent was hoping to send him genuine samples of Bleeker St and Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac see if he can replicate those..

Will see how quickly the items are dispatched.. Postage to UK was around 12 quid... Circa 16 Bucks..

e4cac2c78fd3fb405ae8fbfdd89269e7.jpg

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
I've ordered these.. I also emailed him using the Website email address but it bounced back...

If my order is decent was hoping to send him genuine samples of Bleeker St and Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac see if he can replicate those..

Will see how quickly the items are dispatched.. Postage to UK was around 12 quid... Circa 16 Bucks..

Good luck, I wish you the best.
I feel very pessimistic about these perfumes; I hope I am wrong.

Attachments

• 818k1CLbUbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    818k1CLbUbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 68

stuartb

Oct 12, 2019
Good luck, I wish you the best.
I feel very pessimistic about these perfumes; I hope I am wrong.
Me too at times, copies I often find have poor Sillage..

They've been posted already, tracking details received around 1 hour ago, so far so good... I don't intend being too harsh, if they smell good and have reasonable staying power I'll be quite happy.. After all it's a 50 quid order I'm happy to take a punt on..

So Stu how's this Kerala cats juices.. "we'll OK, but the shipping was shit hot"... haha...

Thanks for your comment Minotauro, I'll surely let the forum know.

Cheers

S

stuartb

Oct 12, 2019
Well, turns out this might not be so good, dunno how accurate UPS app is. I had an email within a couple hours of orderingon the 19th saying the juice had been dispatched and it included a UPS tracking number, UPS app said it ain't been picked up, emailed this geezer direct and via website both bounced back.. so no idea if my juice is on its way and no idea if this guy is actually still about [emoji849]
1b10ef1f177d6c1323b2a52863aeaf71.jpg

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
It seems that either the UPS app is not up to date or they have not picked up the package yet.
Maybe he was on the way to making the perfume? :lolk:

In any case, thanks for the live coverage.
I hope you receive the package soon and tell us about your impressions.

Latest posts

Latest News