The future of 'Member Blogs' on BN

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
When we move to the new forums, it won't have functionality for member blogs.

The new forum software converts all vBulletin blogs into a single forum called Blog Archive. This is the easiest solution.

However, there are a handful of members that still create blogs, and, I like the idea of members having the ability to still post 'blog-like' posts, so here's what I propose:

We'll have a new forum called Member Blogs, where all of the current blogs will be archived into. We can adjust the template so that the posts are more bloglike.

• Any member which currently has a blog, and wishes to continue blogging on the new site, please let me know in the comments below.
    • For these members I will create them a dedicated forum to act as a blog. I will set permissions so that only they can post in there, and they are able to edit, delete, their posts and comments.
  • All other blogs will be put in the blog archive

Please let me know by the end of JULY 2021, if you wish to continue having a blog.

After the end of July, blogs will close to new entries and comments. People that have asked to have their blog continued will be made a forum, and their posts will be transferred into it.

Any questions, please let me know!

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
I’m not too attached to my blogs, I used that function mainly to save my longer posts that I thought would be useful to refer to in future.

More important to me is the functionality of the wardrobe, hopefully it can be retained in much the same way

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Hi!! I love having the option to work on my blog, so hopefully we can retain that. Please include me if you can. Thanks for the update!

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
  • Admin
I’m not too attached to my blogs, I used that function mainly to save my longer posts that I thought would be useful to refer to in future.

More important to me is the functionality of the wardrobe, hopefully it can be retained in much the same way

wardrobes ain’t going anywhere!

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
I would like to have access to the blog, please. Thanks
Also, can you tell me how people are able to find out about my blog? Is there a listing somewhere that can be accessed?

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
I would like to have access to the blog, please. Thanks
Also, can you tell me how people are able to find out about my blog? Is there a listing somewhere that can be accessed?

There will a page which list them all, and any new posts you make will end up in the 'latest posts' feed along with the forums etc

elitrollpoe

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2021
I really like BN blog function and want to use it, Is itpossible to have a nice them for our blog, Could it be compatible with mobile phones and computers.

Mythrol

Jun 28, 2015
I'm not sure how often I will use the blog feature but I would really like to ensure all my. Current blogs are kept if possible.

Latest News