The Fragrance Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abu abdullaah

Dec 18, 2018
Surely you would keep an Amouage box....no?

amouage boxes are amongst the worst packaging in the perfume industry that i have come across to date. cheap and rubbish. (im talking about the regular mens and womens lines,the attar boxes are quite nice and the opus not as bad as the regular line.

24 Faubourg

Aug 19, 2015
With Basenote's wardrobe setup, it is irrationally mildly annoying to me that I don't own any fragrances starting with V or Z.

At the same time, I wouldn't buy something I didn't absolutely love just to fill that hole.

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007
With Basenote's wardrobe setup, it is irrationally mildly annoying to me that I don't own any fragrances starting with V or Z.

At the same time, I wouldn't buy something I didn't absolutely love just to fill that hole.

That made me look over my wardrobe with new eyes! I have nothing starting with O or X. Like you, I am not getting anything unless I absolutely need it. Hm, do I need a small bottle of vintage Obsession?

24 Faubourg

Aug 19, 2015
That made me look over my wardrobe with new eyes! I have nothing starting with O or X. Like you, I am not getting anything unless I absolutely need it. Hm, do I need a small bottle of vintage Obsession?

O should definitely be fairly easy to fill! I'm surprised I've yet to find something I love starting with V. I do enjoy Vetiver Tonka, but even if I bought that, that is listed in the wardrobe under H.

Z will likely remain unfilled for me... Unless Zoologist releases a Zebra?

Buzzlepuff

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2005
Completist confession - these are tendencies or compulsions I have towards collecting.

• The more fragrance bottles I own of one brand or series, the more I am tempted to purchase the rest of the set or series even if I don't like those fragrances that much. and,

• If I can't find more than two fragrances within a product brand to buy purchase worthy, I won't buy the first one at all because I suspect that this brand is not worth a collection effort. OR if I buy a fragrance that I like and the brand continues to issue other fragrances that I don't think are up to the quality of the first one I got, I will sell all of that brand for lack of consistency in quality by the brand itself.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
He doesn't!

Amouage seemingly failed a fragrance collecting criteria. So much must come down to the first release, I would imagine.

It'd be funny to have a collection of Amouage boxes, but no Amouage fragrances.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I re-did the Samsara room as a Chamade room, and the Dior Homme Intense room as an Allure Homme room.

Andrei Bolkonsky

Feb 20, 2020
O usually overspray in such a way that an entire room is filled with my fragrance. A large room, such as a class of students or a meeting room.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
When searching for property rental and/or purchasing ads, personally happened to scroll to bathrooms and other rooms of the house where fragrances might be stored and/or displayed just to see which specific fragrances might be shown in such ads, especially in the ones for upscale properties.

Hint: so far, ads for upscale properties to rent or to buy seem to have a certain preference for showing Dyptique and Jo Malone fragrances and toiletries in the pictures shown, though did notice an over-sized (probably factice) bottle of Zino as well.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Happening to spend a lot of time seeking out other tens or even hundreds of vintage, limited edition and/or otherwise scarcer fragrances on the sites that retail these, after having set only one availability alert for only one fragrance on the very same sites.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
1) Fragrance for me is fundamentally a form of playing dress-up; it's all about who I want to imagine myself as being for the next few hours. If a fragrance doesn't take me somewhere, I might appreciate it, but I won't bond with it.

2) I've been more severely disappointed by my ventures into artisanal and niche fragrance lines than I have by my dalliances with affordable or cheap designer fragrances.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
1) Fragrance for me is fundamentally a form of playing dress-up; it's all about who I want to imagine myself as being for the next few hours. If a fragrance doesn't take me somewhere, I might appreciate it, but I won't bond with it.

2) I've been more severely disappointed by my ventures into artisanal and niche fragrance lines than I have by my dalliances with affordable or cheap designer fragrances.

It's a strange two-way street for me. I like my fragrance to help me to imagine myself a certain way but at the same time, I want it to be a certain smell that you would have already thought to be associated with me all along....hard to describe. I want a scent to make me feel a certain way, but I also want it to be what I am exemplified in scent form.

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
I want a scent to make me feel a certain way, but I also want it to be what I am exemplified in scent form.

I think that's a great way of putting it. I'd assume the fragcomm is split down the middle between 'dress up' and your outlook - I very much identify with the latter, too.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
O usually overspray in such a way that an entire room is filled with my fragrance. A large room, such as a class of students or a meeting room.

:thumbsup: no shame probably smells divine, some people will never experience the pleasure of fragrance so here and there is not bad haha.

Next confession, I’ve never been happier in my life since I began this hobby it’s just that extra special coating on everyday life makes me feel like nothing can get me down or ruin a day.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
It's a strange two-way street for me. I like my fragrance to help me to imagine myself a certain way but at the same time, I want it to be a certain smell that you would have already thought to be associated with me all along....hard to describe. I want a scent to make me feel a certain way, but I also want it to be what I am exemplified in scent form.
I contain multitudes!

That said, our fantasies are tied to who we are and how he see the world. I more readily and comfortably imagine myself as certain people or in certain places than others. You can see from the stuff I own that my fragrance "playacting" seems to follow certain paths.

blackaroma

Apr 16, 2020
I try to wire the minds of those I hang with by wearing certain perfumes at certain make/break moments and later by wearing the same fragrance to evoke that feeling or the experience, sometimes I spray stuff around or mementos to achieve this. To make a sad moment into a happy one or the other way around. But mostly for sex, more precisely to evoke the hunger for it specially in inappropriate situations, as a mean for nasal foreplay. A reminder of what's coming in the back of ones head. To be honest I don't need these but I enjoy it. Almost like flirting by using an unorthodox method and a base sense, when we both know but there are no words to ruin it! I carry decants of these emotion-evoking-perfumes at all times.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I try to wire the minds of those I hang with by wearing certain perfumes at certain make/break moments and later by wearing the same fragrance to evoke that feeling or the experience, sometimes I spray stuff around or mementos to achieve this. To make a sad moment into a happy one or the other way around. But mostly for sex, more precisely to evoke the hunger for it specially in inappropriate situations, as a mean for nasal foreplay. A reminder of what's coming in the back of ones head. To be honest I don't need these but I enjoy it. Almost like flirting by using an unorthodox method and a base sense, when we both know but there are no words to ruin it! I carry decants of these emotion-evoking-perfumes at all times.

I'm curious which specific scents you use for this. I suppose any scent could work so long as it's been worn in the past during sex.

blackaroma

Apr 16, 2020
Yes, he should write down the list.

lol, I used to be specific and think it through for each person, but after a short while it got hard to keep track so I just categorized them as I felt they'd fit best:

Rien II is my SM perfume, cold distant lover, sadist rough love....
Ursa is my flirting perfume, new dates with hot sparkles, unknown prince charming is incoming...
Eau d'Hermes is my boyfriend material, keeper, taking care of you, don't worry I'm here for now...
TF London is my sex and after sex perfume, hot, wet, dirty...
There are more but I believe you are specifically asking for these four. (I have Elixir des Merveilles as my weed/happy/camping and many more for parties, passive aggressive punishment, LSD trips......)

Also I spray either Montecristo or Hard Leather directly on my lovers.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
lol, I used to be specific and think it through for each person, but after a short while it got hard to keep track so I just categorized them as I felt they'd fit best:

Rien II is my SM perfume, cold distant lover, sadist rough love....
Ursa is my flirting perfume, new dates with hot sparkles, unknown prince charming is incoming...
Eau d'Hermes is my boyfriend material, keeper, taking care of you, don't worry I'm here for now...
TF London is my sex and after sex perfume, hot, wet, dirty...
There are more but I believe you are specifically asking for these four. (I have Elixir des Merveilles as my weed/happy/camping and many more for parties, passive aggressive punishment, LSD trips......)

Also I spray either Montecristo or Hard Leather directly on my lovers.

Thank you for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News