The Absolute WORST Fragrance of All Time

LatinNote

Feb 21, 2019
Which do you Basenoters believe to be the worst all time fragrance, whether it be male or female or unisex. The worst one ever up to this point in 2021. Whether you bought it, sampled it, tried it, etc... Whether its niche or designer, discontinued or not, vintage or current, etc. Which do you believe it to be the WORST OF ALL TIME, regardless of the price or theme, etc. PLEASE do not worry about offending others or not- this is just subjective and keep this in mind out of respect.

I think this will be fun and we can even laugh about it. :thumbsup:

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
If I marched into a department store and picked up 10 current men's designer juices at random, at least one of them would be guaranteed to repulse me.

Salvter

Dec 30, 2020
Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel.
If not the worst is certainly the most disappointing.
I gave it to my brother that he was happy with this gift. :laugh:

JJ The Terrible

Mar 2, 2020
CHANEL EGOISTE

From the day it sullied Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree' by sitting next to it at the display at Macy's back in the early 90's. Yellow vinyl rain suit blended with disposable diaper, drying down to smelly feet funk. Makes chemical smelling Dior Sauvage smell like a masterpiece.

Old Factory

Jan 14, 2021
I could name hundreds I've tried and was disgusted by, but one that really sticks out to me was Boucheron Pour Homme. Truly vile, feminine, sharp and cringe worthy. I literally way so repulsed I had to immediately take off my shirt, run it through the laundry and shower it off of me. One word describes it... Grandma!

I would also nominate Dior Eau Savage as a very runner up.

Fugufish

May 30, 2020
I would also nominate Dior Eau Savage as a very runner up.

Ok, tastes differ. But how someone can find an inoffensive and fresh fragrance like Eau Sauvage amongst the worst is beyond me.

Luckily 8.3 on Parfumo says different for at least 734 people [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003
I don’t know about whether they are the worst of all-time, but these four are the worst I have sniffed surely:

Secretions Manifiques by ELdO
Mercury by nu_be
Success by Trump
Noise by Ephemera (based on an equally horrific sounding piece of “music”)

They all share a similar horrific metallic accord that is gag worthy, with the first two by the same perfumer.

Old Factory

Jan 14, 2021
Ok, tastes differ. But how someone can find an inoffensive and fresh fragrance like Eau Sauvage amongst the worst is beyond me.

Luckily 8.3 on Parfumo says different for at least 734 people [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a long time since I've sampled this, but what I remember was an extremely sharp, harsh, chemical undertone that was also very feminine to me, grandma like. I recall an extreme repulsion.

LatinNote

Feb 21, 2019
I don’t know about whether they are the worst of all-time, but these four are the worst I have sniffed surely:

Secretions Manifiques by ELdO
Mercury by nu_be
Success by Trump
Noise by Ephemera (based on an equally horrific sounding piece of “music”)

They all share a similar horrific metallic accord that is gag worthy, with the first two by the same perfumer.

Of these four you listed, which would you consider the absolute worst?

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Azzaro Chrome and every other fragrance in the entire world with an ever-so-slightly similar vibe like that...

I do hate Azzaro Chrome as well...it makes my fillings hurt.:shocked:

I've also smelled many that I have despised but off the top of my head, the first one that comes to mind that made me feel like I'd rolled around in an old rotting onion patch was...

Serge Noir...cant stand it.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
This is a tough one. Got a free bottle of Caesar's Man and that stuff, you would choke yourself out when you wore it. Now I find that it's one of those cult frags where people search for the vintage and pay up.....

But have to nominate for the worst Montale Aromatic Lime. After reading all the threads about it finally found a frag that really smells like... cat piss!!!! Whatever it is that is supposed to smell like lime smells more like it's gone rotten, really bad.....

LatinNote

Feb 21, 2019
This is the only fragrance I've ever tried that was truly disgusting to me. It smelled like a wet dog that had rolled around in spoiled shellfish.

Ugh!! Makes one wonder why such a fragrance was created in the first place! Merely for laughs or shock value?

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003
Of these four you listed, which would you consider the absolute worst?
It is a very tough one as they are all pretty much equally horrific. If I *had* to pick only one of them, it would be Secretions Manifiques, as apart from it smelling horrible, it also caused a major allergic reaction that made it difficult for me to breath. It is the only perfume to do that to me.

LatinNote

Feb 21, 2019
It is a very tough one as they are all pretty much equally horrific. If I *had* to pick only one of them, it would be Secretions Manifiques, as apart from it smelling horrible, it also caused a major allergic reaction that made it difficult for me to breath. It is the only perfume to do that to me.

Wow! I'll make sure NOT to sample that one, lol.

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
I do hate Azzaro Chrome as well...it makes my fillings hurt.:shocked:

I've also smelled many that I have despised but off the top of my head, the first one that comes to mind that made me feel like I'd rolled around in an old rotting onion patch was...

Serge Noir...cant stand it.
Ha ha, yes! Azzaro Chrome: That seering stinky combo of metal and cucumber and woodsy AC's with their overkill freshness (hello AdG) that burns your nostrils.
I'd much rather gag on urinal-cakes while attacked by rabid bats, before wearing stuff like that.

Last edited:

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Secretions Magnifiques. Truly disgusting.

Second runner up: Mandy Aftel Cepes et Tubereuse. It smelled exactly like a rotting flower sitting in a bowl of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup.

LatinNote

Feb 21, 2019
Ha ha, yes! That seering stinky combo of metal and cucumber and woodsy AC's with their overkill freshness (hello AdG) that burns your nostrils.
I'd much rather gag on urinal-cakes while attacked by rabid bats, before wearing stuff like that.

:laugh:

Latest News