Laurent Smal: Horseback

Laurent Smal: Dream Gate

EO: EO2

ALD: Siberian Musk

AOUD

Jun 2, 2019
Amouage - Jubilation XXV
Amouage - Tribute
Montale - Black Aoud (My memories of the older formulation/s)
Creed - Fleurs de Bulgarie
Serge Lutens - MKK

hdbox

Mar 7, 2020

4. Dior Homme Parfum. Timeless classic. Spicey, rich, luxurious with undertones of velvety leather and some suede. Smooth like a baby's bottom! Excellent longevity and moderate to heavy sillage: Dior, in their infinite, Galactica stupidity; discontinued it. Why? Only God
knows...
A little off topic, but still an important clarification. Dior Homme Parfum, has never been discontinued. In the last month, I bought two pieces with a batch code from 2021.

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
—Ladamo Pentito by O'Driù — I could write pages about this conceptual and far superior brand. He is about to release 4 new 'old-way' fragrances after a long silence. The best perfumer in the world. A genius and a clown.
—Kouros by YSL — All formulations (most especially Charles of the Ritz and Gucci eras).
—Indolis by ALD — Floral of all florals.
—Mitsouko Extrait — from 10s to 80s formulations (being my favorite the OG).
—Golconda by JAR Parfums — I could put several fragrances from this house on the list (Jardenia, Bolt of Lighting...). This brand is next level in blending, next level in quality materials, next level in exclusivity and in luxury. He actually is what France was once.
—Eau Noire by Dior (both, although I wear much more the cologne).
—Londa 1005 by O'Driù — There are artisans; then, perfumers; finally, alchemists like Angelo.
—François by TRNP (the modern Derby and Patou Pour Homme. One of my most complimented fragrances ever [would love a civet twist, Teone]).
—Risqué PH— All seasons, all occasions, this golden piece could perfectly be my signature and a 10 out of 10. Prefer the EDP. Bring it back soon, Roja. Please.
—(2018) Bushido by The Rising Phoenix (mind-bending masterpiece. For the very few).

Bonus... in no particular order:

—OG Guerlain Cuir de Russie — A boa constrictor over your neck. Old world in the best possible way and far superior to 20s Chanel CdR Extrait.
—Charbagh by D&Z — Mastery and tradition. Simplicity. Classicism. No stunts.
—Chinese Oud by ALD — Oud heaven for my taste.
—EO Black — Best incense fragrance ever created and my favorite EO.
—Djedi — slightly favor the reissue.
—Aoud by Roja — All versions and concentrations. It should be in my top 10 list if I think so.
—(Pewter top) Eau d'Hermès — dated, but a journey and a pleasure by itself. Could be my favorite civet based fragrance of all time.
—OG Antaeus — 80s perfection. Bold.
—Ô Hira — Amber Walhalla. And what an elegant and sexy piece of art this is.
—OG EO2 — Don't know what causes this new ever present candy-like Ensar-ade, but the spicy old blends are the way to go. And same for Iris Ghalia.
—War & Peace — Most complex ALD and Adam's consagration as a perfumer. Objectively speaking, a dark, decadent and wonderfully animalic masterpiece.
—Bouquet de Faunes by Guerlain — This thing wears you and makes you a part of its pictoric forest, and not even the main part. Another level. A treasure.
—OG Habit Rouge EDT — A quite androgenous blend; it is not even unisex. Neither masculine nor feminine, but something else... It has a resinous vanilla drydown to die for.
—OG Opium — Ohhhh.... I even prefer the EDT over the Parfum.
—Dior Homme Parfum — This thing should cost 300€ and it would continue to be cheap. 100ml. 85€. A steal.
—OG Puredistance M — Even if it's a perfected clone of Moschino Pour Homme with a twist, no other contemporary leather comes close to this piece with the sole exception of:
—OG Fahrenheit — Such an iconic fragrance this is. I mean, spectacular.
—OG Une Fleur de Cassie (the ones with the mate top and the concentration info on the sticker) — Well, it simply smells like women's thighs, women's sweaty thights.
—Interlude 53 — Interlude Man for aficionados.
—OG 1920s Acaciosa by Caron — The kind of blend that makes your jaws tingle.
—20s Farnesiana by Caron, Oiro by Mona de Orio, Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain, Féminité du Bois by Lutens, OG Shalimar Extrait, Onda Extrait and EDP by Vero, Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse, 70s N.19, the entire O'Driù range, Douleur!

Let's stop here.

Last edited:

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
Sultan Pasha - Tabacurum - Every facet and note in this is perfect. Mouth watering candy saffron tobacco with iris, oud, and more.

TRNP - Taif Rose - Favorite sandalwood fragrance. Deep and spicy rose sandalwood that I could smell forever.

Dior - Fahrenheit le Parfum - Hits so many wants in a fragrance; the feel of the suede, the coolness factor of booze, the warmth of vanilla, the uniqueness of combining everything with violets, licorice, and oranges. With a constantly shifting profile it never gets boring or cloying, despite being a very strong designer fragrance.

Di Ser - Hasunoito - Photo realistic, watery green lotus, jasmine, and juicy orange, in dirt. I can imagine I'm in a florist shop every time I smell it.

Dixit & Zak - Rising Mysore 2 - The most pleasant fragrance I've ever smelled. The brightest neroli and citrus, with a creamy sandalwood in the background. The only downside is there isn't enough in the world to spray it as much as it should be.

TRNP - Aguru - Leather oud, foresty oakmoss and trees, but done perfectly.

Roja - Enigma - The easiest answer to the question of "what should I wear tonight?"

TRNP - Night Song - Singular, it's as if every note in here is unique to Night Song. Each phase of this is perfect in it's own way; from the champaca opening, to the smoky tobacco, to the other worldly oud and incense drydown.

Roja - Sweetie Aoud, other "Aouds"

Sultan Pasha - Irisoir

cpatrick44

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 7, 2020
Sultan Pasha - Tabacurum - Every facet and note in this is perfect. Mouth watering candy saffron tobacco with iris, oud, and more.

TRNP - Taif Rose - Favorite sandalwood fragrance. Deep and spicy rose sandalwood that I could smell forever.

Dior - Fahrenheit le Parfum - Hits so many wants in a fragrance; the feel of the suede, the coolness factor of booze, the warmth of vanilla, the uniqueness of combining everything with violets, licorice, and oranges. With a constantly shifting profile it never gets boring or cloying, despite being a very strong designer fragrance.

Di Ser - Hasunoito - Photo realistic, watery green lotus, jasmine, and juicy orange, in dirt. I can imagine I'm in a florist shop every time I smell it.

Dixit & Zak - Rising Mysore 2 - The most pleasant fragrance I've ever smelled. The brightest neroli and citrus, with a creamy sandalwood in the background. The only downside is there isn't enough in the world to spray it as much as it should be.

TRNP - Aguru - Leather oud, foresty oakmoss and trees, but done perfectly.

Roja - Enigma - The easiest answer to the question of "what should I wear tonight?"

TRNP - Night Song - Singular, it's as if every note in here is unique to Night Song. Each phase of this is perfect in it's own way; from the champaca opening, to the smoky tobacco, to the other worldly oud and incense drydown.

Roja - Sweetie Aoud, other "Aouds"

Sultan Pasha - Irisoir
For anyone reading this thread looking for a great "what should I check out in the artisan world?" list, this is a good one.

relus

Mar 21, 2019
Kouros ysl _ charles of the ritz/ parfums corp
Trussardi uomo_ irc spa milano
Versace l' homme- 1st batch
Rochas- Macasar
E Marinella- 150
Lancome Trophee
Ysl Jazz - parfums corp
Balenciaga pour homme
LAGERFELD Cologne_ 1st batch
Cartier Santos _ 1st batch

Unifex

Mar 25, 2011
  • Chanel L'Egoiste vintage - the first fragrance that I was given / worn. I associate this with university.
  • Chanel Antaeus vintage- ditto above, second fragrance
  • Dior Fahreheit vintage - ditto above, third fragrance
  • YSL M7 vintage - ditto above fourth fragrance
  • Mancera Cedrat Boise - Aventus but better, no variability
  • CdG Zagorsk - chilly, mournful pine and woods
  • Knize Ten - when I want to feel sophisticated
  • CK Obsession vintage - smooth, warm, creamy.
  • Slumberhouse Norne - I bought this when it first came out but brought me out in blisters. Almost worth it.
  • Creed Silver Mountain Water - but earlier versions before it went all thin and faint.
Looking at other lists - I think I'll have to track down some Furyo, Amber Sultan and examine Creed again. I'm visiting Bath in a couple of weeks and I discovered that there is a Creed store there.

dogtoe

Aug 5, 2016
In no particular order, and this is only today’s cut:
1. Malle Portrait of a Lady
2. Amouage Lyric Man
3. Creed Royal Mayfair
4. Kurkdjian Oud Extrait
5. Zegna Florentine Iris
6. Ford Fougere Platine
7. Roja Enigma Parfum Cologne
8. Lutens Ambre Sultan
9. Malle French Lover