Texas cedarwood from ebay india

Filcssn

Nov 23, 2021
Iv just recieved 15ml of texas cedarwood essential oil from ebay. It came with a glass dropper which has melted after a few days in the oil. This has never happened with any other materials iv had and is a bit worrying. Has anyone else had this happen? Don't know if it's safe to use or not!

Filcssn

Nov 23, 2021
Looking at what's left of the dropper, I think you're right, it is plastic. Should this dissolve so fast in the oil? If so why would they supply it with a plastic dropper! I guess the oil is useless now, with a load of plastic dissolved in it ?

ourmess

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 25, 2018
Are u asking me or telling it was plastic?
I'm telling you. :LOL: Essential oils don't dissolve glass, but they do dissolve plastic.
If so why would they supply it with a plastic dropper!
Ask them, not us. It sounds like they simply don't know what they're doing though, which is a bad sign in a vendor.
I guess the oil is useless now, with a load of plastic dissolved in it ?
Yup.

Filcssn

Nov 23, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I had no idea essential oils would dissolve plastic in a matter of hours.

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
But really, don't buy Texas cedar from India, buy it from Texas or the USA... :)

Some Plastic and different molecules don't get along.

For instance, I went to my local Vintners supply store, here in Wine Country, and found this Auto Siphon, for fluid transfer.
Given that is is made for wines, I thought it would likely be OK for alcoholic perfumes.

The inner tubing broke and fell apart inside of five minutes, when it came into contact with 80% alcohol.
Called the MFR, and they said the plastic isn't meant for alcohol in that high of content.

Filcssn

Nov 23, 2021
Cheers for the advice Paul. Struggled to find texas cedar here in the uk for some reason and didn't want to pay a load in postage. Should get my money back and try somewhere else

Quay Limey

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 1, 2020
Yep, they have it. I don't know what you paid for what quantity, but 10ml from Pell Wall, delivered, is about £15 assuming you're in the UK.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...