Teone Reinthal

Jul 4, 2014
@teone.reinthal Sliabh na Caillí.

Still so impressed with this. Very intrigued when Teone announced it. My thoughts about my sample are on here from the other month . I sent it to my friend Helen @lowkeyhighflyer who then also ended up buying a bottle 😁

It is by far the most unique scent I’ve tried from Teone. Like in my previous post, this is a moment in time captured in perfume.

That damp, almost musty opening is superb. It’s hard for me to explain without it sounding awful, but it reminds me of “Work Sweat”. When your clothes are wet through with sweat after a long day of grafting, you’ve been rained on a few times, working outside, in a forest, in a quarry, something like that. It’s that clean sort of sweet/salty vibe I get from it so much in the opening.

This perfume gets better the longer you wear it. It becomes attached to you. Works with your own skin and becomes part of you. There’s such a perfect animalic vibe it gives a few hours in. It’s not rough or super dirty, it’s subtle and even quite soft, yet so unique and appealing. I call it the “Human” smell. It’s what a human smells like when they aren’t fresh out the shower, they haven’t been to the gym for 5 hours, just a normal, natural person smell. It’s incredible. It’s like the epitome of the smell I crave the most. The scent of my partners skin in the morning after a nights sleep together.

My blabbing will never, ever do this justice. If you want to try something different, I kid you fuckin not, this is epic!

View attachment 299899
I think you nailed this one, it’s intensely human in a comforting, intimate way. So unique, in the opening I almost get a slightly iodine mineralic oceanic type of aura that reminds me of eating uni sashimi but shortly after it settles into the cold human sweat you described.

It’s always exciting to smell something animalic that isn’t another oily-orris-unwashed scalp or urinous bathroom vibe (although I do love both of those). This is somehow transparently clean and mineralic, like the sweat of a Greek marble statue.

Aug 24, 2021
I think you nailed this one, it’s intensely human in a comforting, intimate way. So unique, in the opening I almost get a slightly iodine mineralic oceanic type of aura that reminds me of eating uni sashimi but shortly after it settles into the cold human sweat you described.

It’s always exciting to smell something animalic that isn’t another oily-orris-unwashed scalp or urinous bathroom vibe (although I do love both of those). This is somehow transparently clean and mineralic, like the sweat of a Greek marble statue.
Thank you. I know exactly what you mean. Personally think it’s one of Teone’s best.

Sultan al Hindi

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2020
Yeah I definitely would. It’s the whole point of the perfume as well. “The Love Affair”. Burning passion, erotic hunger, it’s one of Teone’s most sexual fragrances for me.

But like I always say, we are all different and have our own interpretations of things.
You gotta fight the confirmation bias lol.

Nah, we're all different and one persons sexy is another persons dull. In my case, I just get a very feminine and pretty scent that I love on my other half.

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
I finally received my Bulgakov LE, bought from a fellow Basenoter, and have been wearing it since yesterday.

It is a hard fragrance to pin down. I'm not sure whether it is because it is very well blended, or because, as someone else observed, the castoreum makes it dense and undefined, or simply because it changes from moment to moment.

On me, it is a skin scent, but it does create a bubble. The opening is very old school and smells very familiar, maybe because of that reason, but then it evolves into something leathery and animalic, with odd floral notes that come and go. I don't get any lavender, but I do smell a lot of VERY indolic jasmine. I don't get Russia from it, but tropical gardens and humidity.

It is very persistent; I could still smell it on my wrists this morning before reapplying it.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
Bittersweet 2022 is one of the best releases from this house. A great sweet and tart bitter-orange opening, sweet and woody spices, all floating on the house's common blossom cloud base.

I just tried Saffron for the first time, it feels like an updated version of Byzantium.

Still don't know if I like Night Song OG more, or Night Song 2022. They're both so great.

Anyone else try the new 2022 stuff?

slater93

Oct 26, 2021
hi trnp friends! i’m placing a sample order with pdf ( and also probably with teone when she reopens- i need to try the new night song!) i’ve tried about a dozen or so and love a lot. my holy trinity is francois, night song and nefertum.

i was glancing through these posts and can’t seem to find the detail i was looking for but i’m wondering aside from francois if teone has any other oakmoss heavy scents? i think i remember someone saying tristan had a solid amount but it’s not listed in her notes? i know it’s listed as a note in a few frags like d’aguilar, black spruce, black powder and petite bris but i’m wondering how strong the note is or if i’ve overlooked any. i’ve tried aguru which has it listed but and though i love it it’s not very oakmossy and i imagine d’aguilar is more balanced and not particularly oakmossy either.

francois is definitely my oak moss holy grail but would love to find another trnp with that quality. alternatively if anyone has recs from other natural ish perfumers that would be cool too!

thanks for your help!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...