Teone Reinthal

BKKNah

Aug 4, 2021
Just about to hit the first blind buy from this house, any suggestion, please?

Can't decide between The path(back catalog), Night song devotion, Oudh Batavia, Mogra Mayura.

Prefer a dark, heavy oud-based with or without a smoky note.

Many thanks.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
Just about to hit the first blind buy from this house, any suggestion, please?

Can't decide between The path(back catalog), Night song devotion, Oudh Batavia, Mogra Mayura.

Prefer a dark, heavy oud-based with or without a smoky note.

Many thanks.
Haven't sniffed that particular version of Night Song, but the former versions are wonderful. You *will* get florals there, so be aware.

My favorite oud from Teone is by far Aguru.

If smoke is your thing and you have a tolerance for spices, Wan Chai is probably worth at least sampling. Finally, Bulgakov LE is one that I didn't like at first and has greatly grown on me.

All of the above have ouds. I wouldn't consider all of them "dark", per se, but they are all very unique. I think Aguru is one of the most balanced, pleasant oud perfumes I own along with ALD's Oud Zhen. They are nothing alike, but they are both masterfully executed.

My two pennies. I think you will enjoy her work. It is impressive.

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
I always forget how good Zeeba is. It’s so simple, that I almost forget that the balance between the rose, Oud and sandalwood is perfectly tuned. It’s very light… no darkness here… and for a rose Oud I really appreciate that. Also, it wears like Kyara from di ser, without the patchouli and a different Oud in the mix but a similar weightlessness. What a fantastic comfort scent for me. It was practically my signature scent during the pandemic since I spilled a bottle in my room and had nothing to clean it up with but masks ;)

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
I always forget how good Zeeba is. It’s so simple, that I almost forget that the balance between the rose, Oud and sandalwood is perfectly tuned. It’s very light… no darkness here… and for a rose Oud I really appreciate that. Also, it wears like Kyara from di ser, without the patchouli and a different Oud in the mix but a similar weightlessness. What a fantastic comfort scent for me. It was practically my signature scent during the pandemic since I spilled a bottle in my room and had nothing to clean it up with but masks ;)
This has always been my favorite from Teone. I agree on all aspects you spoke about here. It’s such a simple but balanced scent.

Latest News