Teone Reinthal

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Big Zesty orange, has a plush has a 3d photorealistic vibe to it quite the uplift, with seamless shift into the underlying florals where I personally get a mix of lavender and geranium with peaks of citrus still present the fougere elements are on display here my mind wanders for comparison but draws up blanks familiar yet comparison cant be made , slowly i pick up hints of jasmine and a gradually shift to a green slightly plush base with ever ever so slight hints of something sweet.

Edit: that citrusy ness is tenacious did a bit of a jog and got hit with what is that smell turns out is was mogra pumping off my arm after heating up his is great stuff

initial thoughts probably some bad grammar to will edit .... maybe

Last edited:

ascentofdreams

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 18, 2021
Big Zesty orange, nice a plush has a 3d photorealistic vibe to it quite the uplift, with seamless shift into the underlying florals where I personally get a mix of lavender and geranium with peaks of citrus still present the fougere elements are on display here my mind wanders for comparison but draws up blanks familiar yet comparison cant be made , slowly i pick up hints of jasmine and a gradually shift to a green slightly plush base with ever ever so slight hints of something sweet.

Edit: that citrusy ness is tenacious did a bit of a jog and got hit with what is that smell turns out is was mogra pumping off my arm after heating up his is great stuff

initial thoughts probably some bad grammar to will edit .... maybe
Great description!
Curious about Shakti - would love to hear your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to try it.

Jul 1, 2015
Great description!
Curious about Shakti - would love to hear your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to try it.
Not that I was asked, but I am a huge fan of Shakti. Teone mentioned that it is a homage to Coromandel EDT - and why I do not quite see it, the patch is amazing. I do suggest testing it first thou - I personally know of a couple of people that were bothered by green in the patch, and ended up selling their bottles.

Aug 24, 2021
My thoughts on this:

Mogra Mayura.

So I’ve had a good few days with this now and haven’t stopped wearing it. It’s like Teone has read my mind in what I was after which was an oud based fragrance that was more wearable in Summer (I know oud’s are worn a lot in hotter climates than the UK, but you know I have to take it easy on the Mrs and not bring out the big guns and choke her in the car😂).

I have christened this my “Dirty Citrus” and I will tell you why.

It’s like I’ve found something I was missing in my fragrance world, and that’s always the best feeling.

The opening is an almost spicy citrus and quite dense, no fleeting at all, they are here to stay. It has a warmness about it that sets you up for what’s next….

Now I thought, four ouds, I want some of that, I need that! This is where it’s interesting. They never overpower the other parts of the scent. It is a perfectly balanced perfume. I thought it could maybe become too woody for what I wanted, never happens. Everything works together, bringing different waves, ever changing from sweet to sour and back again.

You often find that citrus notes can dwindle away after a short time, but these are carried along the journey, for the whole time, by this hedonistic mix.

There’s a rawness from the flowers, a bitterness from the citrus, a touch of dirtiness from the ouds, a subtle sweetness that comes and goes.

When I was talking to Teone about the website reopening she said she’d send me a sample of this with the Aguru I was already ordering which was very kind. But I thought, “You know what, fuck that, I’m going for it!”. And without a sample, just in pure trust that I know her work is suited to my tastes near enough perfectly, we are now here and it truly is one of the best things I have ever smelt!

She is absolutely marvellous ♥️ 0F15D045-6160-4EA9-A9EB-AFF1BE908BD6.jpeg C9DCDC76-1871-4BE4-BBB6-D64791C7B2E5.jpeg

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
My thoughts on this:

Mogra Mayura.

So I’ve had a good few days with this now and haven’t stopped wearing it. It’s like Teone has read my mind in what I was after which was an oud based fragrance that was more wearable in Summer (I know oud’s are worn a lot in hotter climates than the UK, but you know I have to take it easy on the Mrs and not bring out the big guns and choke her in the car😂).

I have christened this my “Dirty Citrus” and I will tell you why.

It’s like I’ve found something I was missing in my fragrance world, and that’s always the best feeling.

The opening is an almost spicy citrus and quite dense, no fleeting at all, they are here to stay. It has a warmness about it that sets you up for what’s next….

Now I thought, four ouds, I want some of that, I need that! This is where it’s interesting. They never overpower the other parts of the scent. It is a perfectly balanced perfume. I thought it could maybe become too woody for what I wanted, never happens. Everything works together, bringing different waves, ever changing from sweet to sour and back again.

You often find that citrus notes can dwindle away after a short time, but these are carried along the journey, for the whole time, by this hedonistic mix.

There’s a rawness from the flowers, a bitterness from the citrus, a touch of dirtiness from the ouds, a subtle sweetness that comes and goes.

When I was talking to Teone about the website reopening she said she’d send me a sample of this with the Aguru I was already ordering which was very kind. But I thought, “You know what, fuck that, I’m going for it!”. And without a sample, just in pure trust that I know her work is suited to my tastes near enough perfectly, we are now here and it truly is one of the best things I have ever smelt!

She is absolutely marvellous ♥️ View attachment 232078 View attachment 232079
Nice review!
I have a set of samples coming this week, including Mogra Mayura. Can't wait to try it.
How do you like Arjuna?

Aug 24, 2021
Nice review!
I have a set of samples coming this week, including Mogra Mayura. Can't wait to try it.
How do you like Arjuna?
Thank you.

Arjuna was very nice. Perfect if you want something a bit fresher from Teone and are a fan of neroli, jasmine and sandalwood. I ended up passing it on to a friend who it suited more.

What other samples did you go for?

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
Thank you.

Arjuna was very nice. Perfect if you want something a bit fresher from Teone and are a fan of neroli, jasmine and sandalwood. I ended up passing it on to a friend who it suited more.

What other samples did you go for?
Samples I have coming are
Night Song Devotion
East Motif Fleuri
Bitter Sweet Negroni (maybe my favorite cocktail LOL)
Mogra Mayura
D’Aguilar Puriste
Servilla’s Pearl
Garden of Pleasures
Should be here in a day or two

Not sure if Garden of Pleasures is a revision to the original, I assume not. But it has been S/O here in the states for some time.

I like that TR has started adding flanker names to her batch revisions. For some reason I find that a more satisfying way (vs dates) to keep track of batch differences. And we all like to compare the batches, whats new, etc!

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
Samples I have coming are
Night Song Devotion
East Motif Fleuri
Bitter Sweet Negroni (maybe my favorite cocktail LOL)
Mogra Mayura
D’Aguilar Puriste
Servilla’s Pearl
Garden of Pleasures
Should be here in a day or two

Not sure if Garden of Pleasures is a revision to the original, I assume not. But it has been S/O here in the states for some time.

I like that TR has started adding flanker names to her batch revisions. For some reason I find that a more satisfying way (vs dates) to keep track of batch differences. And we all like to compare the batches, whats new, etc!
I can vouch for East Motif Fleuri being outstanding. To me it is a better version of my favorite the original East.
I wonder if Winter Light while have another revision in the near future.

Aug 24, 2021
@james1051 Ah cool. Yeah I agree it’s a good way to go to differentiate. I think GoP is the same as a lot of people were asking about it when it was sold out so she made more if I remember right.

I need to try the NS Devotion as Night Song is close to being my favourite.

Thoughts on this today taken from my IG post: C22BC3BD-004C-4F9A-9684-0232CC3009E1.jpeg

Ogwen & Eyriri.

Firstly, I’m Welsh. Well I was born there in St Asaph and lived there until I was 2. I’m not English, lets make that very clear. I feel like Sting when he went to New York living in England.

Now that’s out of the way, this perfume was inspired by Teone’s time in my Motherland. Travelling North and South Wales. In particular Snowdonia, which is one of the most beautiful places you could ever see. I’ve drove and walked through numerous times, it seems to get better. Natures true self.

This is literally from morning to evening in Snowdonia captured in a bottle.

From first sniff I was a bit shocked as it reminded me of Teone’s Antarctica. But then realised that’s the frosty spring morning coming through. It’s very pretty.

As the Sun rises and the day goes by more greenness comes through, oakmoss and patchouli. Rugged and strong.

And as the Sun starts to go down there’s an earthy, rough, richness at the end of that 6 mile trek.

Bottled stories. This is what you get with these works. They take you places. Just epic.

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
@james1051 Ah cool. Yeah I agree it’s a good way to go to differentiate. I think GoP is the same as a lot of people were asking about it when it was sold out so she made more if I remember right.

I need to try the NS Devotion as Night Song is close to being my favourite.

Thoughts on this today taken from my IG post: View attachment 233295

Ogwen & Eyriri.

Firstly, I’m Welsh. Well I was born there in St Asaph and lived there until I was 2. I’m not English, lets make that very clear. I feel like Sting when he went to New York living in England.

Now that’s out of the way, this perfume was inspired by Teone’s time in my Motherland. Travelling North and South Wales. In particular Snowdonia, which is one of the most beautiful places you could ever see. I’ve drove and walked through numerous times, it seems to get better. Natures true self.

This is literally from morning to evening in Snowdonia captured in a bottle.

From first sniff I was a bit shocked as it reminded me of Teone’s Antarctica. But then realised that’s the frosty spring morning coming through. It’s very pretty.

As the Sun rises and the day goes by more greenness comes through, oakmoss and patchouli. Rugged and strong.

And as the Sun starts to go down there’s an earthy, rough, richness at the end of that 6 mile trek.

Bottled stories. This is what you get with these works. They take you places. Just epic.
Sold. All you had to say was Antarctica and I was all ears. I grew up in Lancashire Maghull close to Liverpool. Vacationed in Wales all the time mostly Ryhl or Llandudno and absolutely loved the area along with snow top Snowdonia.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
Samples arrived with an extra 2 as a generous gift <3 It will probably take too long to fully experience all of these, so quick thoughts will have to do.

Alizes - Update to the original East, I don't even see a resemblance. This one is maybe the spiciest trnp yet; smells great with a gooey warm drydown. I really like this one.

Heartache otHM - great! love smelling it all day. The neroli really stands out. Complex. Another winner.

Pink Lotus - blends together so well, great!

Dorje - I feel like I can layer this with so many different things. I don't layer anything atm, but if one day i wanted a citrus, another day a floral, another some vetiver, this would add an amazing foresty oud base to anything. Nice and woody.

New Night Song - My nose could be done after smelling all the previous samples, so I'll try this a few times. I wore NNS on the left arm and OldNS on the right. I think NNS is oud-ier, warmer, more ambery, ONS is more floral and frankincense, more medicinal. Great to know I can get this if, (when) my ONS runs out.

New Sacred Ground - Very similar to the first one, but less honey.

Blue Lotus - Tahitensis - Love the vanilla drydown. A very special vanilla.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Samples arrived with an extra 2 as a generous gift <3 It will probably take too long to fully experience all of these, so quick thoughts will have to do.

Alizes - Update to the original East, I don't even see a resemblance. This one is maybe the spiciest trnp yet; smells great with a gooey warm drydown. I really like this one.

Heartache otHM - great! love smelling it all day. The neroli really stands out. Complex. Another winner.

Pink Lotus - blends together so well, great!

Dorje - I feel like I can layer this with so many different things. I don't layer anything atm, but if one day i wanted a citrus, another day a floral, another some vetiver, this would add an amazing foresty oud base to anything. Nice and woody.

New Night Song - My nose could be done after smelling all the previous samples, so I'll try this a few times. I wore NNS on the left arm and OldNS on the right. I think NNS is oud-ier, warmer, more ambery, ONS is more floral and frankincense. Great to know I can get this if, (when) my ONS runs out.

New Sacred Ground - Very similar to the first one, but less honey.

Blue Lotus - Tahitensis - Love the vanilla drydown. A very special vanilla.
Heartache is on the list for me for future to vist

Jul 1, 2015
I got my package a couple of days ago and wearing Blue Lotus Tahitiens. It is a amazing - I was a bit concerned about blue lotus as it generally does not agree with me, but the combination with vanilla is intoxicating and addicting. Very creamy (but not too sweet), and the balance between blue lotus and vanilla is amazing. Quite a gem.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
Really like the drydown, maybe it's the labdanum, at the ambery base of Alizes and New Night Song.

Even though it isn't in the listed notes, I swear I get cloves from Alizes. I wonder if I can ask Teone to dump some tobacco in a bottle of Alizes for me, or if that would ruin it xD This one is so good.

Looking forward to reading what other people think about all these new fragrances. The openings on these latest creations are nice and strong, they really have distinct stages. The best in natural perfumery.

ascentofdreams

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 18, 2021
Really like the drydown, maybe it's the labdanum, at the ambery base of Alizes and New Night Song.

Even though it isn't in the listed notes, I swear I get cloves from Alizes. I wonder if I can ask Teone to dump some tobacco in a bottle of Alizes for me, or if that would ruin it xD This one is so good.

Looking forward to reading what other people think about all these new fragrances. The openings on these latest creations are nice and strong, they really have distinct stages. The best in natural perfumery.
I agree with the cloves comment - I really want to compare this with Batavia and Autumn Shadows - next to do on my list :). Off memory, I want to say this is a smoother spice blend, more sweet and has a hint of a white floral character that distinguishes it from Batavia.

ascentofdreams

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 18, 2021
Smelling Heartache of the Hua Mei: I think more so than any other range, Teone’s works have a shapeshifting ability that very much reflects the environment in which you smell them. So I very much enjoy wearing them through a variety of circumstances as part of the process of discovery.
Today, a mildly warm and relatively dryday, this perfume has an opening fuzziness to my nose that evokes feel of old fashioned diva fragrances - it is similar to how I perceive aldehydes though she does not mention any in this composition (as Opposed to Quintessense with the natural aldehydes). I don’t get strong rose - it Smells more of a mix of neroli and orris and patchouli, with gentle sprinkling of nutmeg. I think the neroli gives it a little of the juicy feel (maybe in combo w the yuzu and lemon? Though this doesn’t smell particularly of either) which takes the edge off the orris which otherwise can feel so dry. As it wears, the vanilla and ambrette come up to play and the texture takes on a plush quality that’s quite enjoyable.

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
Glad you like Alizés, but no cloves in there. Batavia and Oudh Batavia are my clove kiddos, they are all about Indonesia.

Alizés is a variation on original East (Alizés is French for trade winds (the easterlies) - and named in French because I wanted to pinpoint the cultural intersection of traditional Eastern attars, incense and spices with classic French perfumery).

So the spice featured here is a superior CO2 (food-grade) cardamon, to which I've added a smidge of Javanese cinnamon and ginger. There are also many equatorial flowers and precious woods in the mix.

I do like the idea of adding tobacco, and I'll def give it a test run, but I want to limit the use of tobacco to Wan Chai, Night Song and Mischa's Black Powder, or the beautiful cardamon floating on woody amber gets crushed. There is a very unexpected golden light in the heart of that perfume and it needs to be worn a few times to truly unpack it. Its very very dense. :)

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
Today, a mildly warm and relatively dryday, this perfume has an opening fuzziness to my nose that evokes feel of old fashioned diva fragrances - it is similar to how I perceive aldehydes though she does not mention any in this composition (as Opposed to Quintessense with the natural aldehydes).
This perfume is the satin lining of an antique make-up case,...pride of place in the dressing room of a diva, right before the show (circa 1930s). No aldehydes. 💄

ascentofdreams

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 18, 2021
So I’ve worn Alizes together with Batavia and Autumn Shadows: this is really a trio of warm spices to me- nutmeg with Autumn Shadows, cloves with Batavia, and cardamom with Alizes. Batavia has the peppery sharpness of cloves, almost that sensation of biting into one by accident, on opening, before mellowing out.
Thank you, Teone, for the explanation around the cardamom in Alizes - there is a similarity in my head between cloves and cardamom but smelled side by side, the cardamom of Alizes truly stands out. Its opening in particular is very evocative of my mother in law’s suji halwa - Pakistani dessert made with cream of wheat and cardamom. It has a very balanced, slightly creamy, cardamom aroma that is super smooth with none of the biting, high toned lemony, camphor facets that cardamom can have when just freshly ground or overdosed. I can see why you’d hesitate to add anything to that - Alizes is beautiful.

Aug 24, 2021
7C3179EE-F5D9-4C53-87F0-0054D8580E0F.jpeg

If there was ever a case of “You can only keep one of these from Teone” then I’d be certainly considering this!

It just does it for me every time. This is my second bottle. There’s just something about the first spray of Aguru. It’s astounding! When I wear it I just want to smell myself constantly, such an addictive trait it has.

I think the fact that a lot of my favourite notes have ended up in the same fragrance has had a big impact on the love I have for this. Plus the way it’s delivered.

It’s potent from the off. That oud mix giving it a dense and dirty tone. Never too though, just the right amount that I can work with like a lot of Teone’s work.

The standout for me though in this is the way the labdanum gives it that suede leather texture and feel. I love scents like this. That work you mind and encourage an image. It’s like a veil of pure power draping over you.

If you can’t tell yet then I’m a massive fan of this, I’d shower in it if I could.

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
View attachment 236658

If there was ever a case of “You can only keep one of these from Teone” then I’d be certainly considering this!

It just does it for me every time. This is my second bottle. There’s just something about the first spray of Aguru. It’s astounding! When I wear it I just want to smell myself constantly, such an addictive trait it has.

I think the fact that a lot of my favourite notes have ended up in the same fragrance has had a big impact on the love I have for this. Plus the way it’s delivered.

It’s potent from the off. That oud mix giving it a dense and dirty tone. Never too though, just the right amount that I can work with like a lot of Teone’s work.

The standout for me though in this is the way the labdanum gives it that suede leather texture and feel. I love scents like this. That work you mind and encourage an image. It’s like a veil of pure power draping over you.

If you can’t tell yet then I’m a massive fan of this, I’d shower in it if I could.
a standout indeed. I’m almost out. Is this a new bottle and is it: a) currently available and b) still as good as the first batch?

Thank you!

Jul 1, 2015
Wearing Bodhi Tree today (it is on sale at Luckyscent btw). It is absolutely beautiful and I am seriously debating a back up bottle. Very mellow frangipani and and orange blossom, stays close to skin but is very tenacious and clings to clothes and hair for 24 hours. Beautiful creation (as always), and highly recommend owning a bottle.

hamholsen

Jun 21, 2022
Created an account just to give my thoughts. I bought two sample packs of 7. Teone was kind enough send 3 samples, including East '22, which is the same as East Motif Fleuri. Thank God she did, because it's one of my favorites. I a madly in love with East MF, Blue Lotus Tahitensis, and Sanctum. Tempted to get full bottles of all three, but might narrow it down.

East and Sanctum have a freshness about them that is spellbinding. I could live and die in these scents. Every occasion signature scents. Blue Lotus Tahitensis is warm and enveloping, by far my favorite of the florals. Darjeeling is too sweet for me (although this sweetness calms down after the opening; I might have to revisit it), Heartache of the Hua Mei and Pink Lotus too green and vegetal. Bodhi Tree and Dragon Boat are beautiful, but the peaks in Teone's repertoire are so high that they seem less great in comparison. Not every fragrance can be an 11/10. I also really enjoyed Honey Amber and Ogwen & Eyriri.

But the clear winners are East MF, BL Tahitensis, and Sanctum. Marvels to the nose. Still haven't tested enough to have any observations re: performance. But this is really fantastic. Perfumery at its finest.

Aug 24, 2021
Wearing Bodhi Tree today (it is on sale at Luckyscent btw). It is absolutely beautiful and I am seriously debating a back up bottle. Very mellow frangipani and and orange blossom, stays close to skin but is very tenacious and clings to clothes and hair for 24 hours. Beautiful creation (as always), and highly recommend owning a bottle.
Bodhi Tree has turned in to one of my favourites. I kept asking Teone about it before it’s release as I knew the notes would be perfect for me. She kept telling me it wasn’t a huge sillage type scent but a lot more personal than some of her releases. I’m not one to really care about performance as long as I can still smell something 4-6 hours in I’m happy to respray or home getting showered anyway.

Bodhi Tree is relentless, and just gets better and better as the hours go on. And it’s not even because of that I love it so much, it’s just perfection in a bottle for me personally.

Italia

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
But the clear winners are East MF, BL Tahitensis, and Sanctum. Marvels to the nose. Still haven't tested enough to have any observations re: performance. But this is really fantastic. Perfumery at its finest.

I concur 100% with your impressions. East 22 and Blue Lotus are two of my all time Top 10s, and Sanctum is on my "next to buy" list (I was *this close* to getting a bottle last month from Luckyscent, but they had to cancel my order). Just masterful fragrances.

I am excited to order Sanctum directly from Teone, as it will give me an opportunity to also buy samples of the two new Blue Lotus variations (and several other samples that will inevitably make their way into my cart :sneaky:).

Oh, and welcome to Basenotes!

321xyz

Jun 17, 2022
Has anyone tried Blue Lotus Darjeeling and is willing to share their highlights
Wearing right now! Could be a cousin to Dragonboat if you subtract the honeysuckle. If I did not already own a fb of Dragonboat perfume and the oil from Grandawood, Darjeeling would be higher on my list. Instead I went with Tahitensis. For anyone mulling over the Blue Loti duo I think there are no worries there as both are quite enjoyable.

Aug 24, 2021
X post from my Instagram:

Polynesia.

Little bit of a heat wave going on in the UK at the minute. I wanted something that still had a bit of punch, but could also take me to a white beach, a blue ocean and a tropical climate.

Sometimes you find perfumes that you think “Wow, this is everything I wanted and more!”. This is one of them. A total love from first spray. This is my second bottle as well and I’m hoping Teone makes it forever as I never want to be without it.

It’s such a rich mixture of florals, spices and woods, yet it’s so easy to wear. That hint of vanilla sweetness brings it all together.

Theres a sense of connection. It transports you to islands in the Pacific, the ultimate paradise. It’s just what I needed today as it’s an amazing relaxant.

It’s a frangipani lovers dream. A floral amber lovers must try. Anyone who wants to smell sexy as fuck needs to get this on their body!

98EDDED2-527C-443E-9260-DB9EDE26FCBC.jpeg

Ailes

Dec 3, 2020
714D133C-5770-439B-A28C-CF14869C1805.jpeg
Happy Sunday! I was pleasantly surprised to get a delivery today which wasn’t due until tomorrow 😄

I’m really enjoying Pink Lotus Gyokuro and prefer it to the original. I get predominantly rose on a base of delicious green tea. It’s less sweet than the original (which is my preference). The rose in the original is jammier and there is also more lotus which lends an aquatic touch. Gyokuro is very airy as per the website description. The lotus comes out more in the dry down.

I’ll also have to compare it to Pema which I think was the predecessor to Pink Lotus. I haven’t worn Pema in a while but from memory it also has more rose than Pink Lotus and the rose is perhaps a bit spicier.

Can’t wait to try the rest!

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
Has anyone tried Sliabh Na Cailli? As an oudh lover I just did a blind buy on this as I love The Path and Black Spruce.

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
I received Sliabh Na Cailli yesterday and trying it for the first time today. I get an opening blast of geranium and mint. Geranium is not my favorite note and it starts out too strong for me. The mitti attar note also is prominent. A lot of other notes are present that I can't make out. The oudh is there but I expected it to be stronger. This is a nice fragrance but not what I was expecting. I was expecting the oudh to be more prominent.
I prefer The Path and Black Spruce over this so far. I need to give this one some more time to see if I decide to keep it. I am sure there will be people who love this fragrance.

Latest News