Teone Reinthal

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
Night Song is definitely on the new menu. This is its big brother, a flanker called NIGHT SONG - Devotion. It is based on the original formula, however I've added a much larger portion of truly gorgeous Assam belt wild-crafted oudh and increased the potency of the florals. Its very lush.

It won't be stocked by Parfums de France. only availble from me. But I'm planning on offering some free world-wide shipping specials when we reopen.
Wow! how did I miss this post . Assam Oudh is perhaps my very favorite. Can't wait until re-opening time. This and East 22 will be on my short list.

BryanI

Basenotes Member
Sep 23, 2017
East is close to my heart, so I'll respond to your question. Hope you don't mind?

The original East was popular, but I never really liked it. It has a harshness in the cedar that never backs off, but works well on some folks. I made it 3 times and people liked it, so I figured it's just one of those that doesn't suit me.

Early this year, I received a very big flask of the most beautiful patchouli I've ever smelled. Really tart and rusty, highest % of patchouliol (the patchouli alcohol) and just right. I decided to have one last crack at making East - just for my own curiosity and satisfaction. And I built it differently.

I've learned over time that the combining of certain ingredients in a non-typical order - NOT the usual format of base notes, middle notes and top notes - causes certain amplifications and accords to form and these 'allies' powerfully strengthen the structure. The result is that this East is rounder, more floral, projects better, and people literally follow me to ask 'what's your perfume?' It has the mystique factor I was yearning for in the original quest, but never really achieved until now. The original is too heavy-handed, it really clumps in the mid-range and bottom end. No lift.

The 2022 batch (its new flanker name is EAST Motif Fleuri) is evidence of that unorthodox blending style. The cedar now plays second fiddle to the patch'. The florals float in the blend without being bludgeoned and the powderiness unfolds effortlessly. It lasts and lingers a long time.

Its now my number one favourite perfume of all and I truly don't mind if nobody else buys it because its my own signature scent and I hope to live a long time. And finally, sorry to ramble on, my advice is to take your time enjoying the original East, and when its finally gone, if you still feel drawn to the concept, there's likely to still be stock of the new.

🙂
Sold.

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
Night Song is definitely on the new menu. This is its big brother, a flanker called NIGHT SONG - Devotion. It is based on the original formula, however I've added a much larger portion of truly gorgeous Assam belt wild-crafted oudh and increased the potency of the florals. Its very lush.

It won't be stocked by Parfums de France. only availble from me. But I'm planning on offering some free world-wide shipping specials when we reopen.
Oh wow, that one is going to be a Must!

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004

Are you still making oudh based fragrances? I thought I read previously that you wouldn't. I would be happy if you continued to make them as oudh is my favorite.

D

Deleted member 26305106

Bodhi Tree has been wonderful in helping me achieve deep, relaxing nights of sleep.

avrora

Jul 29, 2020
I see the new TRNP web site is up! Ordered the new Blue Lotus duo, Darjeeling and Tahitensis variants. Will order some more Bodhi Tree from Luckyscent with the discount.

Edit: just added the new version of Sacred Ground to my TRNP order as well.
Joy! Please report back with your thoughts on these new ones. I ordered double sample sets, super excited to try the new bunch. It should be added that she offers free worldwide shipping right now, without coupon code!

avrora

Jul 29, 2020
think i asked this before but dont care asking again :) what are your warmer weather options friends
Of the lineup currently on offer I can vouch for d'Aguilar as being a very refreshing warm weather wear, without being boring. The non-herbal lavender as centerpiece for a fresh citrus-floral works super well. If you have tried Sola by Di Ser you get the general idea, but if I recall correctly d'Aguilar is airier and a little less sweet.

Jan 21, 2022
Has anyone tried Servilia's Pearl? I must admit, the description really intrigues me, and that's often a very good sign.

I can't decide what to purchase because of the newness, but I think my heart is set on East for now, as that is the sample that has stuck with me the most from my recent sample order, that and Bodhi Tree, but I'm a struggling student so can't be splurging too hard haha. However there is a new one, Alizes, which is also inspired from the original East, the notes sound wonderful... arghhh decisions!

james1051

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 23, 2013
think i asked this before but dont care asking again :) what are your warmer weather options friends
I will be wearing Mozas del Agua today. Its an addictive orange blossom on minty patchouli. Unique, and a wonderful warm weather scent. Stays with you a good long while too, unlike many OB scents. MdA will be my next FB purchase, as my decant is nearly gone.

Joy! Please report back with your thoughts on these new ones. I ordered double sample sets, super excited to try the new bunch. It should be added that she offers free worldwide shipping right now, without coupon code!
Where do you see the sample sets offer on the TR site? I see a photo of a sample set, but no link. Apologies, I am probably overlooking it somewhere.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
I will be wearing Mozas del Agua today. Its an addictive orange blossom on minty patchouli. Unique, and a wonderful warm weather scent. Stays with you a good long while too, unlike many OB scents. MdA will be my next FB purchase, as my decant is nearly gone.

Where do you see the sample sets offer on the TR site? I see a photo of a sample set, but no link. Apologies, I am probably overlooking it somewhere.
u have to log in

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021

Mar 30, 2021
I couldn't help myself, grabbed a bottle of the discounted East 22 from Luckyscent (as well as Night Song from Teone's site, yay). It sounds like this may actually be different from the "East Motif Fleuri" on the current site; does anyone have further insight? I've only smelled the original East so far, but I'm becoming more familiar with the fact that any given batch and scent can vary by dealer's choice, depending on how satisfied Teone was with things as well as what's available :)

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
I couldn't help myself, grabbed a bottle of the discounted East 22 from Luckyscent (as well as Night Song from Teone's site, yay). It sounds like this may actually be different from the "East Motif Fleuri" on the current site; does anyone have further insight? I've only smelled the original East so far, but I'm becoming more familiar with the fact that any given batch and scent can vary by dealer's choice, depending on how satisfied Teone was with things as well as what's available :)
Yes, I thought per recent discussion on this site East 22 is the same as East Motif Fleur as I did the same and purchased a Luckyscent bottle just this past week. Hopefully, someone could chip in to clear the matter.

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
Hi, thanks for asking about this.

EAST Motif Fleuri is exactly the same as East 22. I simply changed its name recently as it just got stupid identifying everything by '22 - Old Pushbike 22 etc. When we closed up for a few months, I took the opportunity to think deeply about my work and I changed my branding, my catalogue and most importantly, we solved the horror of the leaking bottles.

I don't just randomly supply different batches to different stockists. When things run out, I make new batches. As they are naturals, there are always variations so I tried to identify batches by their year of release, but it was lazy to do that. So now I assign them flanker names.

My market has recently changed dramatically, and the break afforded me the space to really strive to lift my game with both contents and presentation. I've made much larger batches to last a long time. A few items on my site are quite recent TRNP releases that migrated (Sanctum, Prayer, Saffron, Honey Amber etc). Everything else in the new catalogue is a fresh and new composition.

Also, I am no longer supplying stockists in the US. It means I can run spontaneous promotions and specials without undercutting the stockists (which is a terrible thing to do), and, being such a tiny house, it just makes a lot more sense for me to return to being an indie outlier. I just prefer flying solo. We'll offer free shipping and other promotional ways to make it worthwhile to come and visit the land downunder.

I do thank you very much for your amazing support along the way. You've helped to keep my family fed. 🙏

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021

EAST Motif Fleuri is exactly the same as East 22. I simply changed its name recently as it just got stupid identifying everything by '22 - Old Pushbike 22 etc. When we closed up for a few months, I took the opportunity to think deeply about my work and I changed my branding, my catalogue and most importantly, we solved the horror of the leaking bottles.

I don't just randomly supply different batches to different stockists. When things run out, I make new batches. As they are naturals, there are always variations so I tried to identify batches by their year of release, but it was lazy to do that. So now I assign them flanker names.

My market has recently changed dramatically, and the break afforded me the space to really strive to lift my game with both contents and presentation. I've made much larger batches to last a long time. A few items on my site are quite recent TRNP releases that migrated (Sanctum, Prayer, Saffron, Honey Amber etc). Everything else in the new catalogue is a fresh and new composition.

Also, I am no longer supplying stockists in the US. It means I can run spontaneous promotions and specials without undercutting the stockists (which is a terrible thing to do), and, being such a tiny house, it just makes a lot more sense for me to return to being an indie outlier. I just prefer flying solo. We'll offer free shipping and other promotional ways to make it worthwhile to come and visit the land downunder.

I do thank you very much for your amazing support along the way. You've helped to keep my family fed. 🙏
i much prefer going to the source and interacting with creators directly:)

Mar 30, 2021

Thank you for the response! And just to clarify, by no means was I thinking the changes are random, but I've found it a really interesting part of my fragrance journey to balance the truth that things change (over time, even if formulas stay exactly the same) with the desire to be able to reliably recreate a scent experience.

And definitely good to know about the shift away from US stockists as well. I'll be curious to see what the market shift and resulting redesign will bring, and will keep an eye on the site (not least because I couldn't resist getting a sample set with some new things to try as well...)

In any case, thank you for sharing your creations with us, and showing up here to answer questions and talk about your process as well!

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
East is close to my heart, so I'll respond to your question. Hope you don't mind?

The original East was popular, but I never really liked it. It has a harshness in the cedar that never backs off, but works well on some folks. I made it 3 times and people liked it, so I figured it's just one of those that doesn't suit me.

Early this year, I received a very big flask of the most beautiful patchouli I've ever smelled. Really tart and rusty, highest % of patchouliol (the patchouli alcohol) and just right. I decided to have one last crack at making East - just for my own curiosity and satisfaction. And I built it differently.

I've learned over time that the combining of certain ingredients in a non-typical order - NOT the usual format of base notes, middle notes and top notes - causes certain amplifications and accords to form and these 'allies' powerfully strengthen the structure. The result is that this East is rounder, more floral, projects better, and people literally follow me to ask 'what's your perfume?' It has the mystique factor I was yearning for in the original quest, but never really achieved until now. The original is too heavy-handed, it really clumps in the mid-range and bottom end. No lift.

The 2022 batch (its new flanker name is EAST Motif Fleuri) is evidence of that unorthodox blending style. The cedar now plays second fiddle to the patch'. The florals float in the blend without being bludgeoned and the powderiness unfolds effortlessly. It lasts and lingers a long time.

Its now my number one favourite perfume of all and I truly don't mind if nobody else buys it because its my own signature scent and I hope to live a long time. And finally, sorry to ramble on, my advice is to take your time enjoying the original East, and when its finally gone, if you still feel drawn to the concept, there's likely to still be stock of the new.

🙂
Wow! Just wow. What has East morphed into? A absolute beautiful dynamic perfume. I'm glad Teone you are on here to guide us. Motif Fleuri or 22 it doesn't matter what it's name is this is a serious and delicious wear. Stunning in composition and so robust over it's ancestor. Nothing challenging about this one just buckle up and enjoy. Thank you. Just perfect.

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
Wow! Just wow. What has East morphed into? A absolute beautiful dynamic perfume. I'm glad Teone you are on here to guide us. Motif Fleuri or 22 it doesn't matter what it's name is this is a serious and delicious wear. Stunning in composition and so robust over it's ancestor. Nothing challenging about this one just buckle up and enjoy. Thank you. Just perfect.
Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback Mike. Makes me happier than Larry. :)

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
Polynesia is something I tried with my first sample packs, it's been one of my favorites right from the beginning. Now that its hot outside I can get back to wearing it all the time. Its like a sweet coconut bubblegum breeze refreshing you all day.

Latest News