Teone Reinthal

FragSyndrome

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2016
So far I've tried 10 TRNP frags and Pegan Oudh is my favorite with Bitter Sweet in second place. I really wish I was better at describing scents so that I could do it justice but I want to put a really strong recommendation out there for it. It's still available at Parfums De France for $184 with free shipping with the discount code 'SAVE20'; It's a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Italia

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
After wearing Blue Lotus for a second time last week from my Luckyscent sample, I couldn't resist going all in on a bottle.

This is undoubtably one of the finest fragrances I have tried in some time, so expertly blended that no single note dominates, but all harmonize in perfect Oneness. It trends more traditionally feminine than some of the other TRNP fragrances I've tried, but I think anyone can wear it. The blue lotus note shines through, but it isn't loud or strident; it works quietly and softly in concert with the sandalwood, ylang, ambrette, vanilla, and amyris. They support the namesake note in such an effortless, but steadfast way. This fragrance doesn't wind its way through various and intriguing stages as do some of the other TRNP fragrances I've tried and loved (East 22, Wildii, Bodhi Tree, for example), but that's absolutely fine, because its linearity is gorgeous from the first spray to the far dry down.

It lasts an astonishingly long time for a natural perfume; more than 10 hours later, it could clearly smell the two sprays at my neck. If I was getting married today, hands down, this would be my wedding day fragrance.

Parfums de France has a 20% off coupon right now.
I just ordered Treewitch, Black Spruce, Black Powder, and Wan Chai yesterday.

code : save20

@AZsmells, thank you so much for sharing this! While I had already jumped the gun and ordered Blue Lotus from Luckyscent, I decided to order Bitter Sweet from Perfumes de France using this code. Unfortunately, when it arrived yesterday, I opened the box to discover that they had sent Black Powder instead 🙁. Ugh, such a downer! While they sent me a return label, they aren't willing to correct the mistake until they receive the returned item, which is rather disappointing. I'm hopeful that they will come through with the correct item.

I still very much want East 22, but will have to hold off and get it from Luckyscent in the near future. They are the only ones selling this year's version; Perfumes de France is still selling the 2020 version, which I understand is slightly heavier on the cedar wood notes, and because East 22 was sheer perfection to me, it makes sense to stick with this latest version.

Down the rabbit hole I've gone. Add me to the list of true fans of TRNP.

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
@AZsmells, thank you so much for sharing this! While I had already jumped the gun and ordered Blue Lotus from Luckyscent, I decided to order Bitter Sweet from Perfumes de France using this code. Unfortunately, when it arrived yesterday, I opened the box to discover that they had sent Black Powder instead 🙁. Ugh, such a downer! While they sent me a return label, they aren't willing to correct the mistake until they receive the returned item, which is rather disappointing. I'm hopeful that they will come through with the correct item.

I still very much want East 22, but will have to hold off and get it from Luckyscent in the near future. They are the only ones selling this year's version; Perfumes de France is still selling the 2020 version, which I understand is slightly heavier on the cedar wood notes, and because East 22 was sheer perfection to me, it makes sense to stick with this latest version.

Down the rabbit hole I've gone. Add me to the list of true fans of TRNP.

Ok this is crazy. I got my package from them on Saturday and the Black Powder I had ordered from them was missing from my shipment. They said they would look to see if they had a bottle to send me but they never got back to me. I just received a text and email that they refunded me for the missing Black Powder. Turns out you got the bottle somehow.

Italia

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Oh my gosh @AZsmells, this is nuts. Well, they should have my returned bottle in hand by the weekend! Maybe you can reach back out to them and let them know that Lisa in Colorado sent back your bottle today, and to please hold it for you 😁.

I wonder if someone else ended up with my Bitter Sweet? Hoping they fix all of this.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Ok this is crazy. I got my package from them on Saturday and the Black Powder I had ordered from them was missing from my shipment. They said they would look to see if they had a bottle to send me but they never got back to me. I just received a text and email that they refunded me for the missing Black Powder. Turns out you got the bottle somehow.
Wow, that's nuts!

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
Oh my gosh @AZsmells, this is nuts. Well, they should have my returned bottle in hand by the weekend! Maybe you can reach back out to them and let them know that Lisa in Colorado sent back your bottle today, and to please hold it for you 😁.

I wonder if someone else ended up with my Bitter Sweet? Hoping they fix all of this.
**oops... posted in wrong slot. :rolleyes:

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020

Hi - just wanted to chip in and say, it's probably better if you just ask for a refund. My new Bitter Sweet (22) is a better reformulation and much more in the style of the Negroni cocktail that I hoped to create in the first formula. Arresting, chic and unisex.

Although there have been so many personal and planetary struggles happening this year, my nose/blending has undergone a major shift and all the 22 formulas are truly the ones to seek. Just sayin'... I strove to fix all the glitches and refine my compositions to be exactly what I was seeking in the first place. Perhaps pain and suffering are an artist's mothers of creative evolution after all. I think Lucky Scent have the new formula, but a good idea to check with them if its 2020 or 2022.

Good luck. xx

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
Sorry you had a bad experience with that. We will reopen our shop once the new bottles arrive from Shanghai, and Black Powder will be available directly from us. I can offer you a discount to make up for the disappointment. Just email me and remind me xx

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
Sorry you had a bad experience with that. We will reopen our shop once the new bottles arrive from Shanghai, and Black Powder will be available directly from us. I can offer you a discount to make up for the disappointment. Just email me and remind me xx

Thank you so much for this offer.

Italia

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Hi - just wanted to chip in and say, it's probably better if you just ask for a refund. My new Bitter Sweet (22) is a better reformulation and much more in the style of the Negroni cocktail that I hoped to create in the first formula. Arresting, chic and unisex.
Thank you so much for offering this advice! I am going to try to do just that. Luckyscent appears to have the 2022 version, so I will buy it from there. Now I just have to decide whether I need East 22 or the latest version of Bitter Sweet first 🤔.

Jan 21, 2022
I thought I’d do some short reviews of the bottles I own, hopefully it can help others who are trying to decide on what to get. I’ll say from the outset that I blind bought 6 out of 7 bottles but I truly love all 7, some perhaps more than others, and I’ve sampled some others that I didn’t love, but overall I’d say TRNP has a really strong line up and if you can’t get samples, they are pretty safe to blind buy if you do your research.

1. Nefertum - this was the first bottle I ever got and it is really stunning. Lots of sandalwood, gorgeous florals with prominent blue lotus and some nice spiciness. It’s a bit similar to one named Blue Lotus, I prefer this one but I look forward to trying the new gendered versions of Blue Lotus that are coming. This remains among my top favourites.

2. Lemon Blossom - this one is a sparkling citrus opening with green elements, making way to a gorgeous bouquet of buttery florals. Great for a summer day

3. Prayer - this one is a gooey resinous indulgence, so many wonderful aromatic resins combined. If you’re a fan of frankincense this is a must. I’m a huge incense fan and this is one of my favourite frankincense based scents hands down

4. Honey Amber - this one opens with a blast of frangipani, they grow by the beaches here in Sydney so it reminds me of coastal trips in my youth. It’s quite a green floral up top, making way to that sparkling amber, I don’t know how to describe it, sometimes it feels like bright resinous sand in my mind. It just sparkles.

5. Zeeba - I’ve been wearing this a lot lately, it’s a gorgeous combination of sandalwood, rose and oud with some other elements blended so smoothly. I feel so indulgent when I spray this on, but also it’s one that to me feels like a signature. There are many rose ouds out there, this one just feels effortless, natural and comforting.

6. Embers 21 - I picked this one up recently from a friendly guy on Facebook. Then days later it popped up available again on the TRNP website haha.. oh well, I’m just glad I got it because I had a decant and had really wanted a proper bottle. Not much more I can add about this one, it really is beautiful, particularly recommended if you’re a sandalwood fan. It’s got this deep, caramel like richness in the wood. If you like this one I’d recommend Bodhi Tree as well, it’s different but it heroes sandalwood similarly.

7. Ogwen & Eyriri - I left this one for last because… it could be my favourite? I’ve definitely made the biggest dent in the juice. This one is for me, a signature scent, in part because it’s just so perfect to me, but also because I’d be happy to smell like this forever. It’s a beautiful chypre style which takes a fantastic journey, initially there’s this beautiful jasmine which to me feels like it’s hanging in a steamy, humid night. You get again that sparkling amber but it’s less resinous and more just like a huge column of light. That’s literally what I see in my mind when I smell it. The labdanum and oak moss base take it in a different direction as it dries. Honestly you really must try this one, especially if you like chypre style. This one might pass people by because it’s in the new CAT collection, but honestly I love it so much… hopefully I can save up for a bigger back up bottle. I never gender fragrances and I’m sure women would love this too, but I really think it’s great for a man.

Ok that’s enough for now, I have some oils, decants and samples that I can share thoughts on too, many favourites, many that are now gone that I wish I could’ve got my hands on, but also many on my current wish list and many to come that I’m looking forward to. I think what I want most next would be: Bodhi Tree, East 22, Garden of Pleasures and Night Song (and a litre size bottle of Ogwen & Eyeriri 😂)

Olympe de Gouges

Basenotes Member
Feb 26, 2022
Hello everyone, I know I am new here, but I have come for advice, if you do not mind.

I am a bit new to perfume, and have spent a few years exploring spray perfumes and figuring out what I like. However lately as I have started to figure out what I enjoy and come to really enjoy well done niche ouds, I wanted to start exploring attars. I have been looking around for a place to start and had heard lots of good things about TRNP and someone (actually I think it might have been Singularious) recommended Aguru for completely different reasons (I was whining about craving real oak moss perfumes) and I was not having much luck in finding Aguru and then read in this thread where Ms. Reinthal said that Aguru is done and will not be remade so I figured I missed it, but then I noticed that Sealed Essence had Aguru in attar format, which was perfect because I am literally starting checking out attars right now (I have a few of Sultan Pasha's on the way).

So I ordered the Aguru attar and The Path as well, because it looked really good and there was only one left, which to me suggests it is probably good. However when they arrived I think what I received is not the Aguru attar, but the Aguru perfume oil, as can be seen below:
IMG_0731.jpegIMG_0732.jpeg
Clearly the glass on Aguru is not significantly thicker and unless I am losing my mind, either Aguru is a 6 ml perfume oil (which I have read about, but not seen anywhere), or The Path is significantly less than 3 ml.

So since it seems like this is the end of the line for Aguru I guess I am coming her for advice. In terms of TRNPs perfume oils vs. attars, is there a significant difference? I was sort of really set on the idea of an attar, not a perfume oil. Does anyone have an idea if there will be a difference in the experience/performance? I am not quite sure if the difference between a TRNP oil vs. attar is so small that I should just go with it, or is it worth the effort of fighting to return it. In trying to figure out what the oil vs. the attar might look like I noticed that Parfums de France seems to still have the Aguru attar, but it is much more expensive than what Sealed Essence is asking.

Anyhow, maybe it is no big deal in terms of experiencing Aguru, but the idea was to start a familiarizing myself with attars as a format. I am a little disappointed that it is the oil not an attar, but I am not very familiar with TRNP as a brand, so it could be that I have no reason to be disappointed.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Hello everyone, I know I am new here, but I have come for advice, if you do not mind.

I am a bit new to perfume, and have spent a few years exploring spray perfumes and figuring out what I like. However lately as I have started to figure out what I enjoy and come to really enjoy well done niche ouds, I wanted to start exploring attars. I have been looking around for a place to start and had heard lots of good things about TRNP and someone (actually I think it might have been Singularious) recommended Aguru for completely different reasons (I was whining about craving real oak moss perfumes) and I was not having much luck in finding Aguru and then read in this thread where Ms. Reinthal said that Aguru is done and will not be remade so I figured I missed it, but then I noticed that Sealed Essence had Aguru in attar format, which was perfect because I am literally starting checking out attars right now (I have a few of Sultan Pasha's on the way).

So I ordered the Aguru attar and The Path as well, because it looked really good and there was only one left, which to me suggests it is probably good. However when they arrived I think what I received is not the Aguru attar, but the Aguru perfume oil, as can be seen below:
View attachment 222720View attachment 222721
Clearly the glass on Aguru is not significantly thicker and unless I am losing my mind, either Aguru is a 6 ml perfume oil (which I have read about, but not seen anywhere), or The Path is significantly less than 3 ml.

So since it seems like this is the end of the line for Aguru I guess I am coming her for advice. In terms of TRNPs perfume oils vs. attars, is there a significant difference? I was sort of really set on the idea of an attar, not a perfume oil. Does anyone have an idea if there will be a difference in the experience/performance? I am not quite sure if the difference between a TRNP oil vs. attar is so small that I should just go with it, or is it worth the effort of fighting to return it. In trying to figure out what the oil vs. the attar might look like I noticed that Parfums de France seems to still have the Aguru attar, but it is much more expensive than what Sealed Essence is asking.

Anyhow, maybe it is no big deal in terms of experiencing Aguru, but the idea was to start a familiarizing myself with attars as a format. I am a little disappointed that it is the oil not an attar, but I am not very familiar with TRNP as a brand, so it could be that I have no reason to be disappointed.
1652480353803.png

the attars are pure oil nothing extra

the perfume oils are slightly diluted as mentioned above this is taken from one of the stockholder sites

https://perfumedefrance.com/products/trnp-attars taken from here

the Aguru is most likely perfume oil

Olympe de Gouges

Basenotes Member
Feb 26, 2022
View attachment 222725

the attars are pure oil nothing extra

the perfume oils are slightly diluted as mentioned above this is taken from one of the stockholder sites

https://perfumedefrance.com/products/trnp-attars taken from here

the Aguru is most likely perfume oil
Hm, yes, I think you are right. Having Aguru as a full fat attar (as it were) sounds more appealing to me than the perfume oil. I am just not experienced enough to know if that feeling is correct or not. Thank you for finding this information.

I just wish Sealed Essence had made it clear that they had two different products. I do not see the 6 ml oil referenced anywhere on their website. I have never purchased from them before and this bait-and-switch is not a great experience. But maybe the oil is good enough that it is actually serendipity and it will turn out to be a great experience. I just wish I was not having this experience with the last few bottles of a perfume where I need to make a decision now because it will not be available again ^^

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Hm, yes, I think you are right. Having Aguru as a full fat attar (as it were) sounds more appealing to me than the perfume oil. I am just not experienced enough to know if that feeling is correct or not. Thank you for finding this information.

I just wish Sealed Essence had made it clear that they had two different products. I do not see the 6 ml oil referenced anywhere on their website. I have never purchased from them before and this bait-and-switch is not a great experience. But maybe the oil is good enough that it is actually serendipity and it will turn out to be a great experience. I just wish I was not having this experience with the last few bottles of a perfume where I need to make a decision now because it will not be available again ^^
id get in contact with them to see if this can be resolved

Olympe de Gouges

Basenotes Member
Feb 26, 2022
DAEE7235-13A8-49B3-9BB4-CB3EEEA0B75D.jpeg
That is definitely a perfume oil, right? I am fairly certain TRNP does not produce any 6 ml attars.

Either they have no idea what they are talking about with perfume generally or they are outright lying. Seems like a seller to avoid in the future.

Last edited:

qja

Oct 11, 2019
That is definitely a perfume oil, right? I am fairly certain TRNP does not produce any 6 ml attars.

Either they have no idea what they are talking about with perfume generally or they are outright lying. Seems like a seller to avoid in the future.
That is definitely a perfume oil. I have both of these and Aguru attar is darker than The Path attar. It is also not hazy like oil blended liquid, it is clear and dark like your TP. While that 6ml perfume oil is still fantastic, they should correct the mistake and make it right. Teone most definitely would do so if it were purchased directly from her.

Resized_IMG_3863.jpeg

Resized_IMG_3865.jpeg

Last edited:

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
View attachment 222738

I'm sorry you've had this experience. Actually, in quickly reviewing my own invoices, I just can't see anywhere that I ever supplied Aguru attar to Sealed Essence. From my paper trail, it seems they only bought Indian Zeeba, The Path, Earth & Sky and Sacred Ground. Perhaps I sent it as a free gift for the owner? In any case, what you have is a dilution (perfume oil). Only the 3ml are pure attars.

I have not supplied that seller for a year, as we had a bitter disagreement. I do however, still have some Aguru pure attar (under the counter). If you still want some, contact me via email and I'll offer you a very nice discount to assuage the unpleasant encounter.

TR

Olympe de Gouges

Basenotes Member
Feb 26, 2022
Thanks everyone for the help and feedback, and thank you Ms. Reinthal, that really is incredibly incredibly kind. The whole experience did not really impact my feelings about TRNP, just Sealed Essence. It is just oddly bad customer service. Why not just list the Aguru perfume oil as a separate product for the same price? Why try to sneak it like this? It is just so odd. Oh well, this is life, we go forward. I think I will just stick to LuckyScent or it sounds like TRNP's website directly. I have always had really good experiences with LuckyScent, even in the rare cases where they made a mistake.

---

This is only obliquely related to my problem: I have not worn the perfumes yet, but I wanted to just have a quick sniff so I briefly opened each of the bottles to take a whiff and holy Hannah, when I came back into the room a few hours later it smelled so divine, even after just opening the bottles briefly. I am not sure if it is one or both of them, but they smelled so good and just lingered in the air for so long (granted it was a closed, dark room, but still). Now I am tempted to just buy more and leave them open to slowly evaporate as a room scent 😅😆.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Thanks everyone for the help and feedback, and thank you Ms. Reinthal, that really is incredibly incredibly kind. The whole experience did not really impact my feelings about TRNP, just Sealed Essence. It is just oddly bad customer service. Why not just list the Aguru perfume oil as a separate product for the same price? Why try to sneak it like this? It is just so odd. Oh well, this is life, we go forward. I think I will just stick to LuckyScent or it sounds like TRNP's website directly. I have always had really good experiences with LuckyScent, even in the rare cases where they made a mistake.

---

This is only obliquely related to my problem: I have not worn the perfumes yet, but I wanted to just have a quick sniff so I briefly opened each of the bottles to take a whiff and holy Hannah, when I came back into the room a few hours later it smelled so divine, even after just opening the bottles briefly. I am not sure if it is one or both of them, but they smelled so good and just lingered in the air for so long (granted it was a closed, dark room, but still). Now I am tempted to just buy more and leave them open to slowly evaporate as a room scent 😅😆.
i recommend using a dot* at most for application

Mar 30, 2021
Just got my hand on a few older releases (Antarctica, May Rose, and Rainbird) and I'm excited to see earlier forms of some of my more recent favorites!

I'm also fiercely hoping Night Song is coming back to Parfums De France when the shop reopens; been holding off on trying to contact Teone since I know she is on break, but 🤞🏻

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
I'm also fiercely hoping Night Song is coming back to Parfums De France when the shop reopens; been holding off on trying to contact Teone since I know she is on break, but 🤞🏻
Night Song is definitely on the new menu. This is its big brother, a flanker called NIGHT SONG - Devotion. It is based on the original formula, however I've added a much larger portion of truly gorgeous Assam belt wild-crafted oudh and increased the potency of the florals. Its very lush.

It won't be stocked by Parfums de France. only availble from me. But I'm planning on offering some free world-wide shipping specials when we reopen.

Attachments

• Night Song 50.jpg
    Night Song 50.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Night Song is definitely on the new menu. This is its big brother, a flanker called NIGHT SONG - Devotion. It is based on the original formula, however I've added a much larger portion of truly gorgeous Assam belt wild-crafted oudh and increased the potency of the florals. Its very lush.

It won't be stocked by Parfums de France. only availble from me. But I'm planning on offering some free world-wide shipping specials when we reopen.
Sounds great 😊 look forward to it,hope I don’t miss out

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021

Thank you so much for the update! I will definitely keep an eye out and knowing about the shipping deal, maybe I'll save a bit more of my budget for that opportunity lol

BryanI

Basenotes Member
Sep 23, 2017
I have the original East and absolutely adore it. For any who have experienced both the original and the new East 22 has there been any enhancements made or is it true to form?
I wonder the same as East is fabulous to me, but the cedar noted in the new concerns me as I am not a big cedar fan.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
I have the original East and absolutely adore it. For any who have experienced both the original and the new East 22 has there been any enhancements made or is it true to form?
I tried the original east with my first sample kit years ago, memory may be foggy. But I remember it as described on the website, a subtle, dusty wooden chest fragrance. I find the new east in sharp contrast to old east. The new one is strong and projecting, the ambrette and other notes are... almost make-upy smelling together, or gives me the idea of classic, older fragrances, that and patchouli are combined with more woods and resins than the original. Totally different, to me. This is a full perfume experience, that i think is in the same style as Rosa.

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
I tried the original east with my first sample kit years ago, memory may be foggy. But I remember it as described on the website, a subtle, dusty wooden chest fragrance. I find the new east in sharp contrast to old east. The new one is strong and projecting, the ambrette and other notes are... almost make-upy smelling together, or gives me the idea of classic, older fragrances, that and patchouli are combined with more woods and resins than the original. Totally different, to me. This is a full perfume experience, that i think is in the same style as Rosa.
So amped up version and perhaps a little more dynamic. Sounds great! Thanks for the reply

TeoneReinthal

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2020
East is close to my heart, so I'll respond to your question. Hope you don't mind?

The original East was popular, but I never really liked it. It has a harshness in the cedar that never backs off, but works well on some folks. I made it 3 times and people liked it, so I figured it's just one of those that doesn't suit me.

Early this year, I received a very big flask of the most beautiful patchouli I've ever smelled. Really tart and rusty, highest % of patchouliol (the patchouli alcohol) and just right. I decided to have one last crack at making East - just for my own curiosity and satisfaction. And I built it differently.

I've learned over time that the combining of certain ingredients in a non-typical order - NOT the usual format of base notes, middle notes and top notes - causes certain amplifications and accords to form and these 'allies' powerfully strengthen the structure. The result is that this East is rounder, more floral, projects better, and people literally follow me to ask 'what's your perfume?' It has the mystique factor I was yearning for in the original quest, but never really achieved until now. The original is too heavy-handed, it really clumps in the mid-range and bottom end. No lift.

The 2022 batch (its new flanker name is EAST Motif Fleuri) is evidence of that unorthodox blending style. The cedar now plays second fiddle to the patch'. The florals float in the blend without being bludgeoned and the powderiness unfolds effortlessly. It lasts and lingers a long time.

Its now my number one favourite perfume of all and I truly don't mind if nobody else buys it because its my own signature scent and I hope to live a long time. And finally, sorry to ramble on, my advice is to take your time enjoying the original East, and when its finally gone, if you still feel drawn to the concept, there's likely to still be stock of the new.

🙂

Attachments

• EAST MF 30.jpg
    EAST MF 30.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

TNBLUEMIKE

Basenotes Institution
Oct 1, 2013
East is close to my heart, so I'll respond to your question. Hope you don't mind?

The original East was popular, but I never really liked it. It has a harshness in the cedar that never backs off, but works well on some folks. I made it 3 times and people liked it, so I figured it's just one of those that doesn't suit me.

Early this year, I received a very big flask of the most beautiful patchouli I've ever smelled. Really tart and rusty, highest % of patchouliol (the patchouli alcohol) and just right. I decided to have one last crack at making East - just for my own curiosity and satisfaction. And I built it differently.

I've learned over time that the combining of certain ingredients in a non-typical order - NOT the usual format of base notes, middle notes and top notes - causes certain amplifications and accords to form and these 'allies' powerfully strengthen the structure. The result is that this East is rounder, more floral, projects better, and people literally follow me to ask 'what's your perfume?' It has the mystique factor I was yearning for in the original quest, but never really achieved until now. The original is bottom-heavy, it really clumps in the mid-range and bottom end. No lift.

The 2022 batch (its new flanker name is EAST Motif Fleuri) is evidence of that unorthodox blending style. The cedar now plays second fiddle to the patch'. The florals float in the blend without being bludgeoned and the powderiness unfolds effortlessly. It lasts and lingers a long time.

Its now my number one favourite perfume of all and I truly don't mind if nobody else buys it because its my own signature scent and I hope to live a long time. And finally, sorry to ramble on, my advice is to take your time enjoying the original East, and when its finally gone, if you still feel drawn to the concept, there's likely to still be stock of the new.

🙂
Thank you for such a personal descriptive reply it is so refreshing. East was one of my first ventures into your compositions some years ago and has always been a steadfast love especially in my daily work environment as intermittent wafts of aroma would encircled me without being too brash to others around me. I can tell this is labor of love for you and can't wait to experience this newer version. Again, it is such a pleasure to enjoy your uplifting compositions.

Latest News