Teone Reinthal

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
Today I'm wearing Wan Chai. I love this stuff so much. I wish Teone could produce 100ml sprayable bottles and availables for Europe (there must be a way to overcome the current impediment), since there are like 4 or 5 of her blends I would love to purchase in that quantity and format.

François, Wan Chai, Mokaya, D'Aguilar... Absolute love for these blends. Plus maybe Rosa LTD Edition.

avrora

Jul 29, 2020
Today I'm wearing Wan Chai. I love this stuff so much. I wish Teone could produce 100ml sprayable bottles and availables for Europe (there must be a way to overcome the current impediment), since there are like 4 or 5 of her blends I would love to purchase in that quantity and format.

François, Wan Chai, Mokaya, D'Aguilar... Absolute love for these blends. Plus maybe Rosa LTD Edition.
I agree! Wan Chai is not my most worn TRNP, but it's one I'd encourage every fragrance enthusiast to at least try. It is such a unique spice/oud/amber blend.

johnnnyboy

Jan 12, 2021
I tried posting this in the TRNP FB group but it didn't show up for some reason so i thought I'd post it here:

I have been hearing a lot about this house and have decided I want to grab a few. Currently traveling but will be heading back to the USA for a wedding in about a month but will be leaving again shortly after. Thought I'd to stock up on some new perfumes while I have the chance and TRNP sounds right up my alley. Since I will not have enough time to sample and then order more, everything I purchase will have to be a blind buy, but luckily I've been hearing blind buys are pretty safe with this house.

Anyone have anything they might recommend for my first purchase? I'm mostly looking to add fresh/floral summer/spring scents to my collection. Something that will wear well in high heat/humidity. But I'm definitely open to other suggestions as well. Also a big fan of oud too.

So far here is what I have on my list:

-Polynesia
-D'Augilar
-Francois
-Night Song
-Sacred Ground
-Mozas Del Agua
-Tantra
-Zeeba

How did I do? Any other suggestions?

Also, does anyone know Teone offer any 5ml/10ml decants?

toonces

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 1, 2020
So far here is what I have on my list:

-Polynesia
-D'Augilar
-Francois
-Night Song
-Sacred Ground
-Mozas Del Agua
-Tantra
-Zeeba

How did I do? Any other suggestions?
You did well. Francois & Night Song are a couple of my favorite fragrances period although I prefer Francois in cooler weather. Mozas del Agua & D’Augilar smell great and work in warmer weather. Polynesia has a lot of fans in this forum, too. If Sylvana or Pagan comes back in stock, order a sample - they’re old school chypres that can handle the heat.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
Taif Rose - I've been wearing this quite often, it has quickly become one of my favorites from the brand. Not a complicated fragrance yet it is always interesting. The bright green and yellow taif rose sits on top of the deeply spicy and complex 25 year old mysore sandalwood. It doesn't sound like anything groundbreaking but each note is a fragrance in itself. The sandalwood is more like a spiced cake, to me. I put this up there with Aguru and Night Song as TRNPs best stuff.

Embers Special Edition - Uses the same 25 year mysore sandalwood as Taif Rose, but the note smells completely different to me. A sweeter, chewier sandalwood that is always pleasant with the soft amber base of embers. Another instant favorite.

Tantra - I always knew I wasn't "all the best people," and it is confirmed now because I don't really appreciate Tantra :LOL: I think the ambrette and something else does a great job of keeping the rose "high note" alive for hours. From what I've heard that is quite difficult normally, not to mention doing it with all naturals. If you want a rose note that lasts, I think you would love this; it is similar to spraying Taif Rose on clothes. For me, I like the strength of the sandalwood in Taif Rose, and would prefer that to come out sooner than later, so I wouldn't wear this one unless I grew to enjoy rose more.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
Returning to Winter Light today as the temperatures have taken a nose dive. Very beautiful uplifting juniper fir that has a pleasant appeal around the office.
Wore this yesterday and still love it. I feel like it's one of her lighter, more linear offerings, but there is something about it that is just so nice.

So...has anyone put their nose on Rose Embers or Bodhi Tree yet? Really curious about the latter, especially.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Hearing quiet whispers of many oud compositions by Teone being culled. If you were to get a 30ml of either The Path or Black Spruce which would it be? I have both in 10ml scent pencils and seem to use both frequently this time of year. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on the matter.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
Hearing quiet whispers of many oud compositions by Teone being culled. If you were to get a 30ml of either The Path or Black Spruce which would it be? I have both in 10ml scent pencils and seem to use both frequently this time of year. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on the matter.
For me, The Path. But Aguru remains my favorite oud-forward TRNP.

All that being said, Night Song is what I will miss the most when it runs out.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013

I actually have Aguru in a scent pencil also. I need to revisit more.

I see your last line says it all for me as I feel the same but I am thinking at this moment with a Christmas budget in mind that only one stab at the pumpkin is in my near future. So tossing up one or the other.

Last edited:

Jed Or Alive

Nov 8, 2019

This is almost 100% how I feel as well.

I like The Path over Black Spruce, but Aguru is a work of art if you're looking for something oud-focused. The only reason I haven't picked up Aguru yet is that the last time I wore my sample, my wife had a very strong negative reaction. Also, I worry I'd find few occasions to wear it with the hot weather almost year-round here. That being said, if I ever saw a good deal on a bottle I don't think I could pass it up.

As far as oud perfumes from Teone that I wear and enjoy regularly, Night Song and Garden of Pleasures are at the top of that list.

Last edited:

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
I am just repeating everybody before me but... Night Song, the Path, Aguru xD

Has anyone tried Wildii? Also, Mogra is a new release that contains oud.

avrora

Jul 29, 2020
I'm pretty firmly in team Black Spruce (and Aguru and Night Song, most definitely)! I feel that BS is the perfect execution of her conifer-forest theme. It wears a bit lighter and airier than The Path (which I haven't worn for a while, admittingly) and is so well suited for outdoor air. Speaking of her coniferous perfumes, I'd advise any fan of them to keep an eye out for Lyonesse which is due to be released soon (I think). It's like a cola-flavored Black Spruce (or like a darker, spicier Cernunnos) - a little weird, but wonderful.
I am just repeating everybody before me but... Night Song, the Path, Aguru xD

Has anyone tried Wildii? Also, Mogra is a new release that contains oud.
Yeah, I've tried it! I'm no myrrh connoisseur, but I've smelled no myrrh like this Kenyan one before. It is very sweet, round and mellow. She also used it in Fruit of the Moon, but I think it is more center stage in Wildii. I'm not sure if I like it, but I have returned to smell the sprayer like once or twice a day since I got it, so at least it fascinates me... Mogra on the other hand is an easy wear, a very nice and tenacious green citrus/floral with herbal hints. The Hindi and Thai ouds pretty much elude me, but the green-resinous Vietnamese oud gives a backbone that reminds me of the one in Kodama.

On another note, I'm pretty sure that Rose Embers will hit home for anyone who likes the OG Embers, Tantra or her Taif Rose. This is very much a high quality rose and sandalwood perfume. I detect more of the Bulgarian rose than the Ta'if, and the sandalwood (while not as creamy as the mysore of Embers) is distinctly santalum album. Very nice, and will probably age well.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Thanks Avrora your input was very welcome as we have over the years enjoyed like scents from Teone. I love the original Mogra as this perhaps is a top five from the house and like you say a very easy wear. Very office friendly indeed. Black Spruce is tugging at my trousers like a needy puppy dog it seems.
Lyonesse sounds very tantalizing and perfect for this time of year were I live. I can't wait for that release.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
I just ordered a sample of Rose Embers. I’m wearing Wildii right now. As Avrora said, it is not the typical myrrh smell. I definitely am getting the tonka. I’m very interested to smell Bodhi Tree and Violet Firefly but no idea if they will be available from PdF. Saffron is on its way to me and should arrive Saturday.

Last edited:

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Excited I just ordered the Celtic series. These seem to reintroduced again as they have had a history. Anyone know if they are enhanced in any way from their original beginning. Total blind buys based on how I love this house and Teone's wizardry. Not a bad price point per bottle either $91.00 per bottle with $29.00 shipping to US. So $101.00 or so a 30ml bottle. Always wanted Yseult from early reviews. Tristan and previously mention Lyonesse rounds out the series.

Singularious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2018
Excited I just ordered the Celtic series. These seem to reintroduced again as they have had a history. Anyone know if they are enhanced in any way from their original beginning. Total blind buys based on how I love this house and Teone's wizardry. Not a bad price point per bottle either $91.00 per bottle with $29.00 shipping to US. So $101.00 or so a 30ml bottle. Always wanted Yseult from early reviews. Tristan and previously mention Lyonesse rounds out the series.
Very curious to hear your take on Lyonesse in particular, Mike.

I love all those notes excepting vanilla. If that is used sparingly, it might be a go for me. Galbanum, cypress, juniper, and Cambodi oud sounds mean and green.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Very curious to hear your take on Lyonesse in particular, Mike.

I love all those notes excepting vanilla. If that is used sparingly, it might be a go for me. Galbanum, cypress, juniper, and Cambodi oud sounds mean and green.
Will do. I placed the order this morning so based on previous experience from Australia to Tennessee around next weekend I hope to experience each one baring Thanksgiving slowdowns. I just read that Teone likes both Tristan and Yseult worn together very interesting. Yes, Lyonesse sounds like the cream of the crop of this edition.

Clarissochka

Jul 1, 2015
I finally got my hands on the Bulgakov LE and it is amazing. While the book in question, Master and Margarita, is one of my favorite books, I a, not quite tying up the scent to Russia in the 1920's - but maybe just me. Both the original Bulgakov and LE are great.
Also tested Rosa and Tea Rosa Mimosa. Members of my household, who generally do not comment on my fragrances, noted that Tea Rosa Mimosa is very nice and smells very natural, as oppose to the one I was wearing yesterday (which was Rosa). Apparently Rosa smells chemical to their nose, which made me laugh.

johnnnyboy

Jan 12, 2021
Recently received my first haul from TRNP. Highly impressed!

Some stand outs are: night song, Polynesia, mozas and sacred ground.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some more fragrances that have a slightly darker profile but still perform well in the heat? Something with amber, tobacco, Oud, Woody, etc.

I will be leaving for a trip soon and wanted to grab a few more 10ml sprayers from parfum de France before I leave.

Latest News