Teone Reinthal

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
I think Taif Rose is mispriced on parfumsdeFrance's website. The frag is 180 on trnp, plus shipping, yet at pdf I just paid 100 after the save20 discount :oops:

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
Am I the only one who thinks that D'Aguilar is great? Up there with François and Mokaya. I usually dislike lavender. I love it in this TRNP.

Kingmob07

Dec 9, 2007
Managed to try Polynesia today and I don't think I've smelled anything like it. The waft of mint is just lovely. Anyone got suggestions for good wood scents from TRNP? Or incense?

Aug 24, 2021
Whoa. Nice haul. What are your thoughts on Pagan Oud?
Thank you. Actually wearing it tonight for work. Easily the most oud heavy perfume I own. I’m not a fan of the stinky stuff personally and this isn’t like that so I’m happy. Starts off a little pungent but soon settles to a deep leathery chypre that’s smooth and a lot easier to wear than I expected.

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
View attachment 172468
Fell hard for Teone’s work.

Pagan Oud
Ekaternia
Tantra
Byzantium
Mozas del Agua
Autumn Shadows
Nefertum
Eau Naturel
Mokaya
Francois
Embers
Antarctica
Sanctum
Garden of Pleasures
Night Song
Avent Gardenia
Polynesia
Mahila
Saffron
Aguru
Great collection. Any favorites?

lilt

Oct 9, 2021
I’d probably say Polynesia, Saffron, Garden of Pleasures, Nefertum, Tantra, Francois. I suppose I could keep going as they are all great in their own way. Mokaya, Aguru, Sanctum, just all brilliant.

How would you describe Nefertum? I have a bottle of Tantra and Sanctum coming in the mail, so pretty excited about that!

Also, as a long time lurker, thank you for everyone who describes all of her lovely work. I'm also terrible at describing scents, but I'll just briefly add to Tea Rose Mimosa (regular version) and Tea Rose Mimosa LE. A couple of people have previously reviewed TRM and they did an amazingly job, better than I ever could.

TRM LE has an absolutely lovely ambergris note that adds a buttery facet compared to the regular TRM. However, it's her use of sandalwood that I absolutely adore and the drydown is amazing in the regular version. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but I prefer the LE, which I desperately need to get my hands on sooner rather than later. Disclaimer: I have a sample of TRM LE but full bottle of TRM (reg).

lilt

Oct 9, 2021
If it helps any, I’ve posted a review in the directory. One of my favorite TRNPs.
Thank you!!! I was tempted to order a sample of Nefertum, but I decided to order a sample of NS instead. I was on the fence about the spice note. That just may be my next sample to order. My poor wallet... On a side note, now I also know how to navigate the directory here lol!

Aug 24, 2021
How would you describe Nefertum? I have a bottle of Tantra and Sanctum coming in the mail, so pretty excited about that!
Nefertum is amazing! It does have a decent level of spice to it, mostly cinnamon to me, but less spicy than say Wan Chai. It’s smoothed out by the sandalwood and floral notes.

Sanctum is the hidden gem I bought as a blind buy with my last order after reading the notes and description. You have to enjoy lemon to like it I’d say as it’s dominant, but what a beautiful scent, the description on the site sums it up well.

And Tantra is one of the sexiest perfumes I’ve ever smelt! So good!

lilt

Oct 9, 2021
Nefertum is amazing! It does have a decent level of spice to it, mostly cinnamon to me, but less spicy than say Wan Chai. It’s smoothed out by the sandalwood and floral notes.

Sanctum is the hidden gem I bought as a blind buy with my last order after reading the notes and description. You have to enjoy lemon to like it I’d say as it’s dominant, but what a beautiful scent, the description on the site sums it up well.

And Tantra is one of the sexiest perfumes I’ve ever smelt! So good!

You make me so excited for my order to come ASAP! I also have lemon blossom and luckily lemon is a note that I enjoy! It definitely sounds like a bright/happy summery scent. I have been blind buying so far (ha!) and while I have my favorites, luckily I have not encountered one that I do not enjoy.

Edit: D'oh--I thought I ordered Tantra but I actually ordered Arcadia LOL got ahead of myself there. Tantra will be next on my list to buy.

Zephyr1973

Jan 10, 2015
PdF has the 100 ml sizes back in stock for Embers 2021 - one of each style, and 4 remain of the 30 ml bottles. IF this really is the exclusive retailer for Embers 2021, then this may be the last stock - not sure, though. I had thought they were out of the 100 ml, but these two popped up seemingly out of nowhere!

Sep 12, 2020
PdF has the 100 ml sizes back in stock for Embers 2021 - one of each style, and 4 remain of the 30 ml bottles. IF this really is the exclusive retailer for Embers 2021, then this may be the last stock - not sure, though. I had thought they were out of the 100 ml, but these two popped up seemingly out of nowhere!
Night song is also back! I managed to snatch a bottle of embers and NS before it's too late

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I’m thinking about Mokaya next, recently purchased Sacred Ground and enjoying it a lot. Any comments about Mokaya to share?
I wrote the following capsule review in Sample of the Day:

TRNP - Mokaya

Notes: hand-tinctured organic cacao, hand-tinctured vanilla planifolia, tobacco, orange blossom, jasmine sambac, cassie absolute, orris root, Sumatran patchouli

TR calls this “a study in dark, earthy scents” and a gourmand. It is certainly the former, while perhaps only nominally the latter, as it hasn’t the sweet edibility associated with the genre. In the same ballpark as Bitter Sweet, but with the dimension I found lacking in that. Perhaps not good enough to eat, but sure as hell good enough to wear.

WharfRat

Feb 7, 2020
Would you buy this if you already had the non-limited ed? Any side-by-side experience? FOMO.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
She makes fragrances faster than I can try them. So hard to keep up.
This is accurate and is ultimately why I stopped trying to keep up. Plus, my favorites are mostly the oud and mysore scents, which are two ingredients that she is no longer going to be using. Glad I got the ones I have while they were still available!

Zephyr1973

Jan 10, 2015
Would you buy this if you already had the non-limited ed? Any side-by-side experience? FOMO.
Let me make sure I understand first - the 2021 Embers is interchangeable with the "limited edition" - so are you asking if I would purchase the 2021 of I already had earlier versions?

If so, I think I would - they are all different - different portions of Mysore, so different sandalwood profiles for each.

avrora

Jul 29, 2020
I wrote the following capsule review in Sample of the Day:

TRNP - Mokaya

Notes: hand-tinctured organic cacao, hand-tinctured vanilla planifolia, tobacco, orange blossom, jasmine sambac, cassie absolute, orris root, Sumatran patchouli

TR calls this “a study in dark, earthy scents” and a gourmand. It is certainly the former, while perhaps only nominally the latter, as it hasn’t the sweet edibility associated with the genre. In the same ballpark as Bitter Sweet, but with the dimension I found lacking in that. Perhaps not good enough to eat, but sure as hell good enough to wear.
FWIW, I don't feel that this and Bitter Sweet are that similar. Bitter Sweet has a boozy, humid gourmand vibe with pronounced cocoa and coffee notes. I don't get much of the cocoa of Mokaya, it is rather white floral and tobacco-forward (and not sweet, gourmand tobacco, a drier variety). I said this before somewhere, but I feel that Mokaya has that strangely addictive chewy, bready vibe that Sir Winston has - without giving me the nausea that SW does. Good stuff.

WharfRat

Feb 7, 2020
Let me make sure I understand first - the 2021 Embers is interchangeable with the "limited edition" - so are you asking if I would purchase the 2021 of I already had earlier versions?

If so, I think I would - they are all different - different portions of Mysore, so different sandalwood profiles for each.

WharfRat

Feb 7, 2020
Got it. Yes, I suppose I didn't realize that each batch was so variable and thought that the 2021 was the lone departure from the formula. Thanks!

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Got it. Yes, I suppose I didn't realize that each batch was so variable and thought that the 2021 was the lone departure from the formula. Thanks!
I've sampled earlier versions, but opted for a bottle of the '21 edition, FWIW. It has the highest percentage of vintge mysore oil in it, which was the deciding factor for me. That being said, I've never directly compared the different editions to pinpoint their differences. In general, they all have the same fragrance profile.

Latest News