Not Planned Tapatalk support

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
The main reason we were on Tapatalk is that the forums were crap on mobile. Having used this site on mobile for a while now, I think we're okay.

Alert notifications may be do-able in the future if Apple start supporting PWA's. I should be able to turn it on for Android users though.

Another issue with Tapatalk is it doesn't have a great track record with security and privacy, and as using Tapatalk essentially means I have to hand over everything to do with the forum (Private messages, user details), it's probably not the best idea.

I'm going to mark it as 'not planned' for now, but I am open to persuasion :)

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
The previous forum version had Tapatalk support, this is such a great app that I used it exclusively on my iPhone to stay on top of discussions.
IS there any way to bring support for Tapatalk back into this new forum version?

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
The previous forum version had Tapatalk support, this is such a great app that I used it exclusively on my iPhone to stay on top of discussions.
IS there any way to bring support for Tapatalk back into this new forum version?

I've merged your thread with an existing one. Not planned at present (see above)

FragSyndrome

Sep 14, 2016
While I agree that the new basenotes website is a substantial improvement, especially in mobile browsing, I'd like to point out that Tapatalk is not just an interface replacement.

Tapatalk sends push notifications directly to a user's cellphone when there is an update to a subscribed thread or subforum. So for example, I was getting push notifications mere seconds after new posts were made in the basenotes marketplace - an invaluable feature for aquiring hard to get perfumes.

Tapatalk also sends immediate push notifications when a PM is received allowing the user to have a fast flowing back and forth conversation.

Tapatalk provides a much faster and integrated connection between people and your forum and those that use it know how valuable that is. While I'm sure you'd rather have folks on the main basenotes website for the purpose of ad viewing and revenue, please reconsider adding tapatalk support. I really feel like my connection to this forum has been severed without it and I'm sure there's others that feel that way.

Latest News