Tahitian Honey by Strange Invisible Perfumes

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
Tahitian Honey was for a long time only offered at their store in Venice,Ca - now available online. I first sampled Tahitian Honey when I was visiting friends in L.A. in September of 2011. My wife and I really liked it, but had already spent megabucks on Robert Graham shirts, fine dining and other fun things, so decided to skip the perfume this trip.

I finally had another reason to go to L.A. 150 of my best life long friends from high school (class of 1969) were getting together at a place we use to party at for the day in Marina Del Rey - which is very close to Venice. Of course I had to get over to Strange Invisible Perfumes and buy my wife a bottle of Tahitian Honey while I was there. That way she thinks she got a present, not realizing she'll be sharing with me.

The notes are Fresh Ginger, Temple Mandarin, Plumeria Blossoms, Resins & Honey

This stuff is not cheap: $350.00 for 50ml EDP so it better be good. I'm happy to say it is my reference ginger scent. The top notes when first sprayed are breathtaking. Huge WOW factor. First rate raw materials and easily discernable upon first whiff. Longevity for an organic natural is fantastic. Wears close to the skin and will blossom in heat and humid conditions.

Samples for $8.00 available online also. If you enjoy scents like Tilda Swinton "Like This" from Etat Libre d'Orange and want to enjoy ginger at its best, then order up a sample. Just make sure you have a couple of bucks saved up, because after you sample you won't be able to resist buying a bottle - I couldn't.

alfarom

Power Where You Need It
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2011
That sounds VERY interesting, thebeck! I love Like This...Am I in trouble? Is it honey prominent?

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
That sounds VERY interesting, thebeck! I love Like This...Am I in trouble? Is it honey prominent?

It's mainly ginger and honey in the dry down. Never too sweet. The quality of ingredients is overwhelming good. My wife trys not to wear expensive stuff except for special occaisons. She's cheap that way. Funny thing is she has used it every day since I brought it home.

"Like This" is really nice and a good value. Tahitian Honey is just in a different league. I don't like many fragrances from SIP, but this one is incredibly good to my nose.

Strollyourlobster

Oct 21, 2006
I'm very glad to see SIP getting some attention. I love her Magazine Street. It is much maligned for its rough opening but the drydown is one of the most satisfyingly creamy florals I've smelled, and nicely balanced with vetiver. I think they do really interesting things.

Latest News