Synchronized Fridays 2022

justfoxie

You smell nice
Basenotes Plus
Oct 23, 2018
I decided to go with Accord No 1: Nagormotha by Aer Scents. I had an 8ml decant from my Parfumado subscription that only has about 2ml left in it. It's by far my favourite of the 15 or so scents I've had from that subscription and I'm seriously contemplating a full bottle.

I was also previously unfamiliar with Nagormotha as an ingredient and now I'm itching to get my hands on an EO.

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
I just upended a sample of Chanel Cuir de Russie EDT onto both forearms. I’ve been hanging on to this sample for a long time, probably since 2015. I know that many love this perfume, but the 2015 EDT is a very prim, very transparent “cuir” on me.

I don’t think I need to dither over this one any longer.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Jean Marie Farina and Feu Secret are both pretty low, both are 30ml bottles. Hard to tell who is more empty but I went with Feu Secret even though I wore it last night. It's cloudy and in the high 30's - didn't feel like a classic eau de cologne day.

I've logged 93 wearings of the Fazzolari, not bad for a 30ml bottle that still isn't finished! Although some of those wearings were from samples of it and from a newer backup bottle that is post-reformulation (as stated by the perfumer, which I appreciate) and smells amazing still.

IMG_0697.jpg

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
I tend to go through bottles very slowly for whatever reason, though in this hobby that should probably be considered a blessing. It's a 3-way-tie between Bulgari Pour Femme, Infusion d'Iris Absolue, and Lolita Lempicka, all of which I've owned for over 10 years and have about half remaining. Since that's not very low, I decided to go with Dzing! from an old decant that has between 1 and 2ml left. It's the good vintage stuff, and one of the only leathers that agrees with my chemistry. I hummed and hawed about buying a bottle before it was discontinued, but couldn't justify it because I didn't wear it that often, and it only came in 100ml. Now though, if I saw an old bottle for a good price (most likely never going to happen), I'd probably jump at it.

Kotori

Can I borrow your odorant?
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
Jean Marie Farina and Feu Secret are both pretty low, both are 30ml bottles. Hard to tell who is more empty but I went with Feu Secret even though I wore it last night. It's cloudy and in the high 30's - didn't feel like a classic eau de cologne day.

I've logged 93 wearings of the Fazzolari, not bad for a 30ml bottle that still isn't finished! Although some of those wearings were from samples of it and from a newer backup bottle that is post-reformulation (as stated by the perfumer, which I appreciate) and smells amazing still.

View attachment 181237
You smell great!

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
Wearing one of the last sprays of Monsieur Lanvin, from an BN sample swap.
Damn fine lane-splitting vintage masculine. Fresh effervescent greens, florals, and just the right amount of sweet, musky guy.
I’m enchanted. It has been fun wearing you on my skin. I’ll miss you sir.

I think it very wise of ClockworkAlice to put this sync right at this time of year. My children were lobbying to leave our holiday house decorations up for an indeterminate amount of time but we manage to talk them through it this week and transition back to “regular” times. This transitional time before spring is a great time to examine any fragrance baggage I have, whether it is stuff that doesn’t thrill and takes up space (lots), or stuff I love too much and so resist using.

If not for this sync I would have likely missed out on a last rendezvous with Monsieur Lanvin.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Wearing one of the last sprays of Monsieur Lanvin, from an BN sample swap.
Damn fine lane-splitting vintage masculine. Fresh effervescent greens, florals, and just the right amount of sweet, musky guy.
I’m enchanted. It has been fun wearing you on my skin. I’ll miss you sir.
If you need more, I’ll bet I know where you can get some.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Parfum d'Hermès (1984)

Down to the last 4 or 5mls, which I would never have achieved if I hadn't bought this as a partial bottle. One of my favorite openings, a big galbanum blast with aldehydes and hyacinth, but a quick turnaround to a generically "classy" floral mashup, and a soft resinous base. In its better moments, it reminds me a little of vintage Safari, but only for moments. Not sad that this was discontinued and reworked as Rouge d'Hermes. I do like the enamel canister, though.

ParfumDHermes_MetalCanister_45ml.jpg
stuff that doesn’t thrill and takes up space (lots), or stuff I love too much and so resist using.

My constant conundrum.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
2940B313-9BD3-42E4-A74E-16BB37AD0C96.jpeg

D’Orsay - Milord

There wasn’t much more in the flacon when I got it. I don’t hold out much hope of finding more extrait, though I have a substantial amount of Milord EdC.

My review is in the directory. Once upon a time, this had more top notes: I should try layering it with the EdC.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I'll be syncing again with a left over vial of a obsolete Guerlain called Guerlarose
il_1588xN.2508816910_1hsu.jpg

GUERLAIN GUERLAROSE.jpg

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
This is amazing what people have pulled out and worn today!
I do hope this becomes and annnul thing. Almost as cathartic as throwing plates.

I’m spending the evening in Moschino Pour Homme. My BN sample has concentrated deliciously as it turns out, and this final spray is giving me a really clear view of the mace note, some pepper vibe there and then of course leather as far as the nose can smell. It is pretty invigorating. Don’t know why I associate this fragrance with motorcycle racing. Maybe the bold leathers and exhaust.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I do hope this becomes and annnul thing. Almost as cathartic as throwing plates.

I’m spending the evening in Moschino Pour Homme. My BN sample has concentrated deliciously as it turns out, and this final spray is giving me a really clear view of the mace note, some pepper vibe there and then of course leather as far as the nose can smell. It is pretty invigorating. Don’t know why I associate this fragrance with motorcycle racing. Maybe the bold leathers and exhaust.
Moschino Pour Homme went a little bit more heavy on the leather as opposed to the oakmoss in a good way. For me though I prefer a slightly for balanced scent for both notes such as Guerlain Derby or Gucci Pour Homme. A great classic.

I forgot to do my live sampling... I'll have to find time for that tomorrow maybe with my weekend sync pick.

Nov 20, 2017

Have often wanted to get my nose on this one. Good to hear you enjoying it.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Do you hear the beat? It's the beat that beats the Winter Blues.

Upcoming Synch Day:
01. 21 – Beat the Winter Blues. Wear a summery scent to cheer yourself up.

What is your cheeriest scent to bring the summer closer? Do you have a warm weather scent that just brings you joy even in the coldest days?
The time to wear it is getting nearer every day. Let's start with Friday ;)

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Upcoming Synch Day:
01. 21 – Beat the Winter Blues. Wear a summery scent to cheer yourself up.

And not a minute too soon.

What is your cheeriest scent to bring the summer closer? Do you have a warm weather scent that just brings you joy even in the coldest days?

You bet your sweet mittens I do. Ninfeo Mio, and I plan to absolutely bathe in it on Friday.

Latest News