Synchronized Fridays 2022

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'm bringing in Weekend Synch and Friday Synch together for the Sunday night with Furiosa by Fendi - gardenia, frankincense and gold-looking bottle. (the juice is darker in reality.)
She's furious because she didn't get myrrh.

fendi-furiosa-2000x1100.jpg

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
I haven't really done an in depth exploration of myrrh as a perfume note but I've found myrrh to be the most warming note that I have come across so far. I don't find it spicy to smell, like spice notes are but myrrh has a warming effect on my body in cold windy weather conditions. Cinnamon smells hot but doesn't warm me, myrrh doesn't smell hot but does warm me. Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone is the perfume I reach for when it is very cold and Opium EDT only has a slightly warming effect from the myrrh. Opium smells hotter than Myrrh & Tonka with all the spices in it but M&T makes me feel warmer than Opium does....go figure!

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I lucked into a late post-sync with my sample of the super-flanker Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent. by Issey Miyake. It has myrrh in the base, and yes - a bit of my reference myrrh scent (ESP2012) in there, even with post-COVID nose. I'm starting to get components again - really wonderful.

For those who are interested, this is a good winter fragrance. One vlogger estimated 10 hours of projection. Strong enough that this guy says wait 10 minutes before declaring it "too strong" - it needs time to settle. Says you can smell the myrrh from opening until the end!

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Let's check our perfume stashes for those most worn, emptiest bottles waiting to be finished, for this Friday we have some bottles to finish!

01. 14 - Finishing Goals. The bottle that has the least amount of perfume left in it.

(No, it does not mean that we must finish a bottle. Pouring it all down on the head would be too wasteful.)

What are your emptiest ones? Are you looking forward to finish them or are you afraid to even think about it?

MistaPanda

Aug 20, 2018
Well, I own a few bottle that I bought second hand... they're emptier than the rest of my collection, but that would be cheating I guess. 😄
I tend to pick a different SOTD every day, so my bottles are relatively full; however, here are 3 options :

Olfactive Studio - Still Life : My first niche... still love to wear it every summer and I'm spraying quite heavily since it's not a very good performer.

Amouage - Reflection Man : This one got empty pretty fast actually... when the bottle met the floor (yeah it hurts pretty bad !). I managed to save 10-15 ml and I'm not exactly in a hurry to finish it but...why not after all.

Van Gils pour homme (aftershave) : The first fragrance I've ever owned, back in the 80's when I was a kid... and I still own that very bottle in its original formulation ! Not one of my most worn by any means, I received those 30ml 30 years ago and it's probably still halfway full ! I think it would be interesting to 'close the loop' at some point... Friday might be a step further towards that end ! 😁

justfoxie

You smell nice
Basenotes Plus
Oct 23, 2018
I have two that come to mind right off the bat:
- Leap Frog by Lush. I tend to wear this more in spring and let's just say that the weather in London is not that right now. So I'm more inclined to wait on this one until later in the year.
- Dazzling Gold by Estee Lauder. As mentioned last week, this one has sentimental value that I'm not sure I can bear to properly finish.

I'll have a look if there are any others when I get home, but like @MistaPanda, I wear different things more or less every day so my collection doesn't reduce very quickly.

Is it cheating to use samples that are on their last legs?

Warum

Apr 4, 2010
I spray very lightly and I tend to wear a lot of samples. Plus some of my bottles were acquired in swaps and second hand so they were not full when they joined my collection. I think my lowest level is Lancome Miracle. I used to adore it, I am not more than warm to it now, so I am not dreading finishing it nor am I looking forward to it.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
It's a little bit cheating - but I allow it :)
For many of us finishing a sample is a much easier job than a bottle!

Swaps that weren't full bottles when you got them is a fair game, too - no need to make this too complicated, especially when the weather does not fit your emptiest freshies.

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
Not sure I have bottles that fit this sync. Maybe some minis.
I was thinking about samples too. I have many samples I have been nursing along because I like the fragrances and don’t really want to finish them, but it is probably good that I just do it and decide what I want to replace. Also I have some rare samples that have traces left that I just smell the vial for reference - stuff I will likely not be able to replace. Guess this Friday marks the beginning of spring cleaning.

CuddleCat

Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
If I excluded samples and just go with travel sprays and bottles based on mls left, I will choose between Gardenia Petale by VC&A (I have a back up bottle) and Tam Dao EDP (sits close to skin and doesn't have good longevity - not replenishing). They are both travel sprays.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Got to be Guerlain Homme EdT. It's practically empty, but the tube doesn't sit in the lowest part of the bottle base so I can still get some half hearted sprays out of it. It's kind of borderline. I was contemplating throwing it out, but it might just provide enough for tomorrow's Sync.
So you can actually finish it by squeezing it out during the synch!

CuddleCat

Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
I woke up early this morning so I have already had Tam Dao EDP by Diptyque from my travel spray on for a couple of hours. It is not really noticeable anymore unless I stick my nose close to the application points so I have added some Mon Guerlain EDP by Guerlain to the mix. I forgot about this one yesterday when I posted in this thread as it was in the fridge. It is my lowest level full bottle and it is one of my finish focus scents for this year.

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
I’m digging into my BN sample swaps and starting with the last couple drops of a very vintage D’Orsay Elegance (1923) - not in directory.
This stuff is really pumping off of my arm. There’s spicy florals and used hair combs and warm scalp notes - like someone else is in the room with me and wearing perfume. Underneath there’s a bitter bite like orange marmalade and later a tiny puff of incense. Not really smoky. The warm animal presence remains throughout and eventually sweetens and melds entirely with a soft woody base. I’d love to see the note pyramid for this but I haven’t found one.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I’m digging into my BN sample swaps and starting with the last couple drops of a very vintage D’Orsay Elegance (1923) - not in directory…
I’m pretty sure that’s from me, as I don’t think anyone else here has any.

There’s a Lalique bottle with a tiny amount left listed on eBay for 6,750€ or b.o. At that price, I’ll pass.

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
I’m pretty sure that’s from me, as I don’t think anyone else here has any.

There’s a Lalique bottle with a tiny amount left listed on eBay for 6,750€ or b.o. At that price, I’ll pass.
Why yes, and thank you! From the round of vintage sample swap syncing we had with a bit of D’Orsay focus and some other antique fragrances. Smelling history - what a treat!
It is hard to part with rare drops but in the end it is use it or lose it, so I’m going to see if I have traces of others for tomorrow and just do it.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'm synching with Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier - the reformulation of original Lolita Lempicka, released in 2017.
My 30 ml bottle (bought in 2019) is less than 1/3 full and I suspect to finish it this year - unless, of course, I am distracted by all the other beautiful scents.
It's a lovely aromatic gourmand and a very easy wear - there wasn't yet an instance where I would choose to wear it and regret it after. It just somehow fits all weather conditions, all occasions and all moods to me.

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
I'd like to join these synchs at least some of the time, the themes you've chosen are so fun and doable! :)(y)
The bottle that has least in it is Narciso white cube... but I've grown to really dislike that perfume, so I can't force myself to wear it.
Since you allowed it I took the opportunity to use the last of my decant of Sogno Reale (Mendittorosa). Now that's done and gone. I'll miss it a bit, it's a gorgeous scent.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'd like to join these synchs at least some of the time, the themes you've chosen are so fun and doable! :)(y)
The bottle that has least in it is Narciso white cube... but I've grown to really dislike that perfume, so I can't force myself to wear it.
Since you allowed it I took the opportunity to use the last of my decant of Sogno Reale (Mendittorosa). Now that's done and gone. I'll miss it a bit, it's a gorgeous scent.
Schubertian, I know that feeling when you grow so tired of the perfume that you don't even want to wear it at all. It's a sad feeling, especially if you loved that perfume before.

offtopic
I see you're in Europe, so in case you want to get rid of your unloved remains of Narciso, you may contact me and we can think of something. I don't think I have anything from your wants, but I do have an unopened mini of La Panthere and could share some samples/make decants from my wardrobe. Just thinking out loud :)
/offtopic

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I am wearing Feminite du Bois from a bottle with just a few
drops left. I need a new one now! My son bought me the old one for
Christmas last year so it has lasted me for 12 months.
I may wait and get one in Duty Free next time we go to France.
It seems like you really love Feminite du bois then!
You clearly need a new bottle, hopefully your next trip to France is not too far away!

Puma

Dec 7, 2013
In sync today with Tabac Blond, vintage pure perfume.

When I found that my Tabac Blond bottle of perfume from 1980 had almost been drained to the dregs, I became panic-fuelled. It was exactly nine years ago today when I bought a back-up bottle of the perfume from the house of Caron in Paris. The back-up bottle has been on the qui vive ever since ... I do not dare to open it because I fear the perfume is not what it used to be.

I also do not dare to empty the vintage bottle with about 3 ml left.☹️

Nov 20, 2017
Joining today's Synch with vintage Equipage, from a partial bottle (45ml) purchased on ebay. Not in any hurry to finish this, nor wishing to hoard. This stuff is great; so well-blended, though this morning I'm getting leather, carnation, and rosewood. Feel as though I should spruce myself up to wear it; perhaps this evening.

Extending the Synch to tomorrow, will probably wear Knize Sec to start with (to finish the spray decant I made out of my splash bottle), and then Knize Ten (again, no rush to finish current bottle, and I have a back-up).

Latest News