Synchronized Fridays 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
What became of your infatuation with Angel Nova, FiveO? It seems like ages since I've seen you wear that. You were so stoked about it that it even caused me to get a sample.

Thanks for asking, Cook.bot. Mainly other infatuations that overtook the one for Angel Nova, but I still like it and even though it’s not in my recent SOTDs, I sometimes dab some on to enjoy at home. Love the rose-raspberry accord!

MistaPanda

Aug 20, 2018
I'd say that fragrances with notes of amber, tobacco, dried fruits tend to give me a warm and cozy feeling... patchouli does this as well when it reminds me of chocolate. A bit of smoke or frankincense is also welcome !

I've a few fragrance that could fit the bill for this Friday and/or the next one... so I'll probably be pre/post synching for a while 😁

Fille en Aiguilles (Serge Lutens)
Ambre Sultan (Serge Lutens)
Méharées (L'Erbolario)
Plum Japonais (Tom Ford)
Pardon (Nasomatto)
Eau des Baux (L'Occitane)
Patchouli Antique (Les Néréides)
Tobacco Reserve (Aramis)
L'Instant de Guerlain Eau Extrême (Guerlain)
Must (Cartier)
Homme Intense (Dior)
By The Fireplace (Margiela)
Vetiver Oriental (Serge Lutens)
Chergui (Serge Lutens)
Straight to Heaven (Kilian)

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Pre-synced yesterday (Thursday) with Shalimar by Guerlain and Slow Fire by One Seed as an acknowledgement to those that live in the Northern Hemisphere and are heading into winter. Yesterday was our first day of summer here in Australia but the weather is still on the cool side here in Victoria - one of the southern states on mainland Australia. This morning, it's currently 16C/60F and although, it may not feel warm here at the moment, I'm at least smelling summery today with Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermès.

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
Pre-synced with an all-time classic and a personal favorite: Cacharel pour l'Homme. Heavy spices up top (enough nutmeg to kill a man), lemon oil, muted florals, bone dry sandalwood and musk. I'll bust out something sweeter and heavier tomorrow. Tonight I'm easing into the theme with some dry heat - let the spices do the talking.

cacharel-pour-lhomme-eau-de-toilette-spray-western-perfumes.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks for asking, Cook.bot. Mainly other infatuations that overtook the one for Angel Nova, but I still like it and even though it’s not in my recent SOTDs, I sometimes dab some on to enjoy at home. Love the rose-raspberry accord!
You generally go through different phases in your perfume wearing, am I right?

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I’m ready for my sync, Mr. DeMille…

I had it all planned out for something else until Trilby Lark said the magic word: “hazelnut.” That set me on a different track of warmth, Angel Muse edp, which, to me, evokes Vienna and cosy patisseries and cafés.

My favourite Viennese café is the Café Sabarsky, in—New York! Love that place and look forward to being able to go there again.

A39CCAE2-3A46-46C6-BBD7-B27A5E229369.jpeg
Trilby, I hope you get your Méchant Loup with hazelnut in time for the sync. If not, when you do get to wear it we can literally compare notes at that time!

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Trilby, I hope you get your Méchant Loup with hazelnut in time for the sync. If not, when you do get to wear it we can literally compare notes at that time!
FiveoaksBouquet, I check for Méchant Loup via Fed Ex tracking several times a day. It was last scanned in Sun Valley, Arizona. It's either in transit to California or here already. 😘

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
It actually feels warm here this afternoon, higher than what was forecasted so I'm now wearing one of my newest scents - Seeker by One Seed.

The company blurb: Fresh clean gourmand The nostalgia of youthful summer nights spent in swimming pools and the patter of bare feet on soft emerald grass. Familiar comforts of warm milk, coconut and vanilla. A quiet confidence paired with an everlasting thirst for life. Joy and abundance. A scent that inspires us to do more, see more. Fragrance notes Pale vanilla, skin musk, coconut, sea salt, coriander seed, ylang ylang.

I also notice lemon, cumin and a hint of benzoin in the fragrance as well.

H_West

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 14, 2015
Burberry London
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Feve Delicieuse
Chanel Coromandel EDT
Thierry Mugler AMEN
Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Guerlain Tonka Imperiale
Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la vanille Madagascar/Mexique/original/Millesime Vanilla Planifolia

Thanks for the inspiration! I think I have found mine for me this evening. We'll see. Although I think I have the EDP.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Going with a recent purchase for this week. I usually shy away from gourmands but this one is an exception and ticks all the right boxes for today especially with the whiskey accord with is downright addictive.

Stephane Humbert Lucas - Sand Dance: Whiskey, Coriander, Mandarin Orange, Cacao, Sandalwood, Cashmeran, Benzoin, Styrax, Tonka Bean, White Cedar, Patchouli.

YpdvQdr.jpg

Last edited:

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
This morning in Bethesda the mercury dipped to 26 Fahrenheit (-3 Celsius). It felt right to dig out an especially heavy scent, so I went with a recent blind buy from Serge Lutens — L'Innommable. I think of this as a "hardcore immortelle", for lack of a better name. Heavy syrup and intense spice, with glazed florals and submerged fruit in the mix.

I'm still coming to terms with this one, but it's been fun to try and identify individual notes. The only listed notes are siamese benzoin and cumin. But my nose picks out immortelle above all else (like Sables on crack); the benzoin is definitely there, contributing some thick vanillic sweetness; the cumin is a bit sneaky and mostly reads as this deep, abiding, radiant warmth, but just to keep things interesting, it randomly pierces the nasal veil with a whiff of BO funk; there's something camphorous at the very top that I suspect might be tuberose, as a bit of tubal carnality shows up later on (and more experienced reviewers have mentioned this note); finally, there's something fruity here, but not quite the usual Lutens fruit compote... more like... pan-seared prunes?

It's all quite weird, very Lutens. Reminiscent of La Participe Passe and Sables, just dialed up and slightly harder to wear. I'm learning the trick to enjoyment is light application. One spray and I've got all the warmth I need!

37841103_1930791400301779_3093888539306229760_n.jpg

Schubertian

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 8, 2021
Crikey, I forgot it was Friday sync! I'm inoffensively scented with light sandalwood (Loewe 001) but will think of something heftier for the evening... I can think of too many options from the amber-vanilla section of my sample stash! Tobacco Vanille would be a nice choice, but on the other hand my Filippo Sorcinelli sample set finally arrived... might try Quando rapita in estasi (I see it's compared to Opium, which would have been another top warming choice of mine) or Io non ho mani... Will have to update later.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I just got the disappointing news that my Méchant Loup bottle delivery is delayed to Saturday. Not to worry.... I have plenty of options but I was looking forward to Sub-Syncing with you, FiveoaksBouquet.
Oh no, Trilby!
Luckily Winter of 99 sounds just delicious - and the name is super fitting, too.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'm synching with Orchidée Vanille by Van Cleef and Arpels - for the second day in a row as I wore it yesterday evening and today I felt I'm craving for it again!
It's a sweet yet airy and light wearing vanilla with a strong chocolaty facet and just the tiniest hint of mandarin in the opening (or at least it's just a very short burst for me). It's warming and comforting, a true joy to greet winter with.

And I hate winter, and I also had a doctor's appointment today, so I started this synch with the summery fragrance - a few small dabs from my mini bottle of Aqua Allegoria Forte Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain. I got it as a gift with my purchase of Shalimar Millésime Tonka (which would totally fit the synch, too) and was super happy as the original Mandarine Basilic is one of my favourite scents, period. This is a stronger and slightly sweeter version with some vanilla - I can totally see it as a summery fragrance for winter as it's strong enough to survive in the cold, and the sweetness helps in the cold, too. So maybe it was a good choice after all!

(I also wore Guerlain Mon Guerlain EDT inbetween the two - I find it very comforting also! Annnnd I got a strong de javu feeling while writing this additional sentence, huh!)

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
On a cold day, heading towards colder weather next week, warming scents are good.
SOTM : L'Occitane Eau des Baux (cinnamon and vanilla, and perhaps incense; good cold-weather warmer)
SOTA : Rook Amber (saffron, smoke, amber, resins, black musk, tonka). Suede leather with slight amber.
EdB is so good. I love the cypress and the ghost tobacco note in the base, almost like a gorgeous twist on Chergui for a fraction of the price.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
More from a sense of duty than of pleasure, I'm syncing in L de Lolita Lempicka, a scent I've probably worn fewer than five times in the eight years I've owned it. Blind bought during a period of Lempicka mania, it's not totally unpleasant to me but is rather disturbingly incoherent -- a cinnamon and citrus gourmand that unfolds to reveal a bowl of miso soup with salty seaweed floating in it. One of Maurice Roucel's kitchen-sinky rich scents (like Musk Ravageur) that I've never been able to wrap my head around. I've already given away his sister creation from the Lempicka/Roucel family, Fleur de Corail, and I probably should try to find a more welcoming home for this one too.

Weird, but could definitely ward off a chill.

eoeur44.jpg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Stephane Humbert Lucas - Sand Dance: Whiskey, Coriander, Mandarin Orange, Cacao, Sandalwood, Cashmeran, Benzoin, Styrax, Tonka Bean, White Cedar, Patchouli.

LOVE the packaging on that one.

Elixir de Merveilles to brace myself for winter. I find the effervescent woods in this one to be warming.

But this morning my eye lit on Elixir des Merveilles, so I’m twinning with Kotori today.

Do y'all really find the Merveilles scents to be wintry and warm? They've all seemed rather beachy to me when I smell them on others.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
More from a sense of duty than of pleasure, I'm syncing in L de Lolita Lempicka, a scent I've probably worn fewer than five times in the eight years I've owned it. Blind bought during a period of Lempicka mania, it's not totally unpleasant to me but is rather disturbingly incoherent -- a cinnamon and citrus gourmand that unfolds to reveal a bowl of miso soup with salty seaweed floating in it. One of Maurice Roucel's kitchen-sinky rich scents (like Musk Ravageur) that I've never been able to wrap my head around. I've already given away his sister creation from the Lempicka/Roucel family, Fleur de Corail, and I probably should try to find a more welcoming home for this one too.

Weird, but could definitely ward off a chill.

eoeur44.jpg
It sounds like it would ward off just about anything! Miso soup? No, just no. 🤢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...