Synchronized Fridays 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
FE52CB22-7B8E-44E3-9099-3767E80E1A55.jpeg

Me and Mr. are having a lovely wear of Rogue Derviche today - as radiant as the color of the juice.
The resinous, tobacco, woody, vanilla dry down is excellent and although I am planning on wearing some other fragrances later this evening, I’m wondering how many more hours this may entertain me.

I might get out my sample of

Vanille InsensĂ©e by Atelier Cologne​

although I did not have a good first experience. Perhaps colder weather will help. Otherwise Ill go back to plan A and my known hits.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
I closed out 2021 with this beauty:
NMC0NPV_mu.jpg

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
A very late update…I decided to test drive Francesca Bianchi’s Luxe Calme Volupte (2021) on New Year’s Eve. I think I just managed to fulfill the assignment. It’s definitely an amber, although not especially woody, but there’s some wood notes in it, and there’s benzoin (it is said) that provides a vanilla-like sweetness without becoming too gourmandy for me. It’s a heady brew so I will need to wear it a few more times to form an opinion of it, but in general I appreciate Bianchi’s work.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing New Year’s weekend. My thanks go to N. Cal Fragrance Reviewer for expertly organizing the 2021 Friday Syncs and to everyone who nurtured the spirit of sincere perfume appreciation and generous discussion in this thread. Looking forward to chatting with you in 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News