Synchronized Fridays 2021

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Started the day off in Slumberhouse Mond that has a nice warm bundle of autumn spices and fruits.

@RHM also digging your L'Artisan pick. I recently drained a decant of it and have another coming my way. If I ever find a reasonably priced bottle, I'm all over it.
I just opened my bottle of CdVS today. It was from Henri Bendels' L'Artisan boutique in NYC when they decided to close it down...so more than a couple of years ago. It's another fragrance tucked in the back of the perfume wardrobe. I feels like I'm burrowing to Narnia when I dig around in that closet.

My bottle of Mond arrived about a week ago. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would be but very wearable & last forever, like many of Josh' scents.

Tonight, I'm breaking out a 10 ml roller bottle of Dawn Spencer Hurowitz' Epice d'Hiver VdP. It's been archived & isn't in BN directory. Dawn has such a way with spice & incense fragrances, you just know it's impressive.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
For the evening I'm joining many of you with Coco EDT. It's been a while since I last wore it - I'm kind of saving it, as it somehow feels wrong to wear this beautiful fragrance on just any random day.
(pimento, coriander, cinnamon, vanilla, honey)
I'm now wearing Coco Noir EDP, which has only a hint of Coco's spices left, but enough for the family resemblance to make me smile!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Synched with Clive Christian X for Men.

I get both cinnamon and a black pepper, the latter not being of the notes listed.

375x500.4650.jpg

Last edited:

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Any preference to either film?
I really like the new one - it's really beautifully made and is very close to the book. But you have to know that the older one covers the full story of the first Dune book and the new one takes only the first half of the story (there will be a sequel). Thus the new one is quite slow (a very good thing for me as I prefer slower movies, but it depends on your preferences), contemplative and cinematic.

justfoxie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 23, 2018
Now wearing Ligea “La Siren” by Carthusia, which features clove. I’ve been on a clove and opoponax kick. Sampling a lot to find something beautiful and weighty to wear to my grandfather’s memorial service without ruining with sadness something I regularly wear. So this Synch is fitting right in for me.
I'm sorry Kotori I just clocked this. I hope the memorial service went well and you got a lot of comfort from it.

Warum

Apr 4, 2010
I could probably wear any scent that I have in a sample because one of the first things I did during the lockdown was sorting my samples. I seem to be able to find things with more ease now. But as I thought about it, in my case, oddly enough, Oud Wood was a fragrance that gave me particular sense of comfort during that time - and also Dark Rebel Rider. I might wear one of these two.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
The almost two years of pandemic were slightly crazy perfume wise for me. I wore less of my favourites during the first year especially as I did not want to spoil them with my anxiety. I sampled a lot, I searched for new scents, bought new scents and kept seeking for comfort in fragrance a lot. It even felt very compulsive and not entirely healthy at times - but I felt like, well, if this one thing is giving me joy and comfort right now, I won't stop it.

When I look at my most worn through the year, two fragrances stand out the most: Alaia and Alaia Nude. I got them both during the pandemic, and I received Alaia in the body lotion form as a gift in May 2020, so it still was pretty young into pandemic. I used up the lotion and rebought a bigger bottle of lotion (and a mini of EDP to go with it), and also a small bottle of Alaia Nude (which I also finished up already and rebought a big one). So I definitely used them both a lot!
The original Alaia is not something you think about when you hear "comforting" as it's really more of a cold and detached smelling scent, it's leathery, ozonic, airy, slightly floral and very abstract. Since I have it in body cream form primarily, I use it a lot for layering, and it goes exceptionally well with most modern scents (except citruses, but pretty much anything else goes with it well).
Now Alaia Nude is the cozy one - it's very warm, smells a lot like sunkissed skin, lots of cashmeran, nutty-saffrony vibes, slightly scratchy-sandy texture. I love wearing it at home especially as it gives me that boost of coziness and because it seems to last shorter on me (or I go slightly anosmic to it, not sure which is true), so I can respray freely. I wore both of them together a lot, so I will start my Friday with them both.

When I look back at my feelings and not the numbers, another thing that stands out the most is lavender. I never was a fan of lavender before the pandemic. But as I felt very stressed during the first months of pandemic, I started actually craving for its soothing scent. I ended up having and loving Mon Guerlain EDT and Lush's Twilight body spray, and these two scents gave me some massive comfort during the harder days - and still do. I think I will wear Mon Guerlain on Friday evening (it will go well onto the remains of Alaias). I think I'll go to sleep with Twilight one or two days through the week, too (I use it as a late evening or sleeping scent a lot).

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
There isn't one specific scent that got me through the pandemic, but there are notes that are consistently comforting to me after a stressful work day, namely sandalwood, incense & vanilla. Samsara is the most soothing & grounding perfume for me, but l won't be wearing it for work. l might wear it in the evening, & l'll pick something else for the daytime...

justfoxie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 23, 2018
Like a few have said - I spent the pandemic exploring scent. Being at home most of the time or in a very sparsely populated office, I didn't have to worry about what was "office appropriate". I did have to worry a little bit about what my nesting partner thought (his nose is very sensitive), but I could usually keep things pretty confined.

Also over the pandemic I introduced a new partner to scent. His collection grew from three scents when we got together just before things kicked off (Mugler's Alien, Issey Miyaki pour homme & intense) and now he's up to about 10 😋 and he frequently dips into my collection. It's been fun exploring with him and seeing things from a "fresh" perspective.

In terms of what to do for a synch - it probably comes down to either Dzing! (which I acquired during this time and completely fell in love with), Damn Rebel Witches (which I got on the downlow because the house SMC made it for went under and she was left with a big batch she couldn't legally sell) or Knize Ten (which was my blind-buy birthday present to myself for my 40th last year)

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
I didn’t keep good stats but I think I did reach for solid stuff, and tethering from some vintage fragrances for the ages - Shalimar, Miss Dior. Or weird stuff to take me away from it all.

Hmm…what does Netflix smell like?

Latest News