Synchronized Fridays 2021

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
Wow, well big thanks to NCal who has hosted since before I was on Basenotes! I appreciate how much work and thought that’s gone into wading through all our suggestions and organizing the yearly calendar to flow nicely and include many member days and contributed deas. The sync has been my anchor thread and has kept me checking into the forums at least a couple times a week even when life has gotten super busy or weird.

ClockworkAlice, I‘ve always enjoyed your entertaining and enlightening posts in the thread. You seem like a good fit to take on this job and perhaps shake things up. I’m looking forward to our future syncs and seeing where we go with it.

I’m hearing that we want to increase participation. Would it be out of line to directly solicit (invite) people to check it out?

I agree more female participation on the forums is a great future thinking goal, but also would want more general participation on the sync particularly because - am I correct in saying that this pretty much is THE weekly sync thread for the whole forum as there is not an equivalent in the male or general fragrance forum?

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
N. Cal has done, and is doing, a fantastic job, and I shouldn’t wish to blindside him with a fait accompli; but female leadership would be welcome here (amongst many other places beyond BN!), and Clockwork Alice is an inspired choice.
Late to the happenings here, but this is my thinking as well. Clockwork's passion for this sync and the content and enthusiasm she brings is infectious. That said, I totally respect and appreciate N.Cal's development and management of this sync over the years, and I hope this proposal is taken in the positive spirit of evolution. I know it is intended that way.

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
The male forum has a Fahrenheit Friday sync, but it's a lot more more straight-forward than our syncs because it's only focused on the one fragrance.
Right…..not a lot of wiggle room there.

Female forum also has the weekend sync started by SmokeandSky but their last sighting was in August so not sure what happens to that when it has run its course come June. I did that one too most every week. I always seem to have too many fragrance choices (or am just decision challenged, more likely) to fit into just one day’s wearing.

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
I participate in the Friday Sync only rarely, so please take my comments with that in mind.

I agree with much of what has already been said. NCal’s dedication to the task of organizing the topics each year has impressed me, and he deserves many thanks for fostering the thread. But I also appreciate the arguments in favor of change, and I think ClockworkAlice has done a great job encouraging discussion each week and would be a great organizer as well.

I’m still wondering about Earlyn’s question...isn’t the Friday Sync really a general sync thread?

Also, if anyone has any ideas for encouraging more women to participate in the Vintage Forum, please let me know. I sometimes feel as though I am awash over there in a sea of aftershave....jk! jk!

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
A few years ago, there was discussion regarding whether to move the Friday Synchronization thread from the Female Forum, where it originated, to the General Forum. After much discussion, it was ultimately decided to leave it in the Female Forum to provide more content and substance to the Female Forum and to foster female leadership presence on Basenotes (which has a largely male membership). Men have always been encouraged to participate in the Friday Sync, and they do! For these reasons, I prefer we keep the Friday Sync here.

Latest News