Synchronized Fridays 2021

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I went with Eau de Protection by Etat Libre d'Orange for today's synch this morning.

There are no coniferous notes mentioned in the pyramid, but I can't help it, I get that vibe of deep dark woods in it.
When I think about other scents that evoke this feeling like I'm in a deep dark forest, I also remember Moonlight Patchouli by Van Cleef and Arpels and Perles by Lalique. And the Gucci Guilty Absolute pour femme that I mentioned earlier, too, but that one at least really has a cypress note in it.
I guess something about rose, patchouli and pepper combo smells like a forest to me despite these being not very foresty smells themselves. Interesting.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
So I have two choices for the synch :-
Donna Karan Wenge or Feminite du Bois.

I think I'll go with the former one.
This is a very interesting, unisex scent that
smells rich and warm on my skin,

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
No brainer today :thumbsup:

809178-rainforest-wallpaper-1920x1080-screen.jpg

375x500.11025.jpg

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Changed into another woody and peppery rose - Smyrna by Le Couvent des Minimes.

It has that airy aromatic quality one gets in a pine forest without the actual pine notes.
Maybe it's just my nose that is broken that I read this kind of fragrances as forest-y, but I do :)

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Totally forgot it was Friday and now I'm at the office so I'll sync later tonight in Chypre-Siam. It's going to get quite warm here today so it's just as well - CS doesn't strike me as a warm weather scent as it's quite full, dense and rich.

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
I opened my cupboard this morning and a vintage mini of Matchabelli Golden Autumn was just sitting right there at the front of the shelf so I took that suggestion from the universe.

Later I think some Crepe de Chine which seems to be my answer to many things lately but certainly has a fall forest vibe. Not so much pine, but moss and flowers and a dense clarity if that makes sense. Like a very dark transparent material. Deep forest with light shafts throughout.

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
I'm pretty much always up for smelling like a forest!

Wearing Papillion Spell 125, which is by favorite new foresty discovery, and one my top new release discoveries in the last several years. It smells like a mulchy, natural, astringent pine forest, but it is also weightless and bright and easy to wear with a foundation of luminous frankincense. Totally in the sweet spot of realism and wearability.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
House twins with Red in Chasing Autumn, as planned.

Neil Morris is really skilled with woody notes - and not shy about letting them be very discrete throughout the life of the fragrance. I have not smelled Chasing Autumn, but I can almost imagine it, based on the reviews and all his other work.

I wish he had it on his website. Love your review!

https://www.basenotes.net/ID26144527.html

PS - found more information on fragrance and ordering.

https://www.cafleurebon.com/new-per...ting-halloween-fragrance-from-the-vault-draw/

Last edited:

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Switched to straight-up Forest by Bath and Body Works. It might be a bit forest-reminiscent, as far as clean-'n'-fresh mass market men's scents go, but nothing overtly "forescent" in a piney or conehead way. Nonetheless, very enjoyable.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy upcoming Autumn Equinox! This year it falls on Wednesday, September 22 for Northern hemisphere.
And happy upcoming Spring Equinox for you in Southern hemisphere! I think you guys can synch with your spring-like scents, it will make much more sense to you! :)

And for us, the fall is here, and for fall I want things that are darker, stronger, denser, that are more spicy, more smoky, more woody, more cozy - just like many of you, I guess.

Unluckily my nose is so congested right now that I can barely smell anything, even the strongest orientals are just barely perceptible to me (not covid though, tested for it). I wanted to synch with Le baiser du dragon by Cartier - a boozy almondy floriental goodness - but after I did a spray on my wrist and did a BN salute I concluded I cannot smell anything except the alcohol, so I moved on to YSL Opium that I can at least very faintly smell. So I did five sprays of it, five! I'm home alone right now so I can get away with that but it feels like nothing to me right now. Headcolds are so annoying, but I guess it's kinda in synch too in some ironic way. Don't synch with me in sneezing though! Leave it all to me :D

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Hope your nose clears soon, Clockwork!

l have a hospital appointment this morning, & it's still fairly warm here, so l needed to pick something that's not too heavy. l've gone for Dojima by Mona di Orio: a light veil of spices, iris & sandalwood. lt fits the transition from summer to autumn perfectly.

incense+heliotrope

Nov 20, 2017
Autumn Equinox : time to bring out my cooler-weather favourites, and samples not worn for the last couple of months.

Pre-Synched last night in Rook Amber, which is very smoky and not conventionally amber.
Top Notes: Saffron; Heart Notes:Smoke, Amber; Base notes :Resins, Black musk, Tonka

SOTD, continuing the run-up to the Autumn Equinox on Wednesday, is Jacomo de Jacomo (1980) - ashy, smoky, dark, spicy fougere.
Top Notes: Galbanum, Lavender, Cardamom; Heart Notes: Rosewood,Geranium, Cinnamon, Clove,Cumin; Base notes: Patchouli, Oakmoss

ETA : hope you feel better soon, ClockworkAlice

Last edited:

Latest News