Synchronized Fridays 2021 | Page 39 | Basenotes

Synchronized Fridays 2021

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
To me vetiver scent is something that makes me think of wilderness and outdoors in general. There's something calming and free in the scent of vetiver to me.
I don't know why, but woody scents usually make me think of home, coziness or woodworks instead of wilderness. I enjoy them a lot and I believe they fit outdoors perfectly, but it's not what I'd personally choose here. Unless it's piney scents, these remind me of forests instead of sawmills or a cozy evening by the fireplace.
And I don't really like mossy scents too much, although there are some exceptions.

I could go for something coniferous, but since it's hot outside vetiver seems to fit the best.

So if vetiver it is. I have a lot of choices among my bottles and samples that are either mainly vetiver or have it as quite a significant aspect of the scent:
Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Mr. Vetiver by Une Nuit Nomade
Narciso Rodriguez cubes (I'd choose Narciso EDT here)
Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier (if I want to go a more gourmand route)
Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier (I get just a little vetiver here)
Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange
Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels (also just an aspect, it's more irisy-incensy-woody to me)
Citrus Noir by Molinard (it's mainly smoky citrus, but it does have outdoorsy vibes to me)
Cabochard by Gres (a bit of vetiver and a bunch of galbanum and moss)
Angel Muse EDT by Mugler (oh, and I also have a sample of EDP) (well, I get much more citrus, chocolate, nuts and patchouli here, but vetiver is noticeable too if I want to go a super gourmand-chouli route)

I'm leaning to Timbuktu for now but we'll see!

and if I am feeling bold and not in a mood for vetiver, I can always choose Mugler Aura for its synth jungle, too.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Today it seemed, coincidentally, like the BN robot had started a theme that the next few posters followed.
May I suggest we do a sync some day where we all try to follow the robot's lead, whatever random thing we may interpret that to be.

incense+heliotrope

Nov 20, 2017
For larimar's Great Outdoors Synch, I'm thinking Mousse Illumine (great choice, NCal !), or
Quorum (pine, moss), Dryad (green, mossy), Yatagan (pine, oakmoss, smells like the woods round the loch) or Bottega Veneta pH EdT (pine, juniper, fir balsam) as SOTD,
with Lonestar Memories (campfire) or LADDM (desert, can't get more outdoors than that) for evening.

LauraH

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 24, 2021
Joining in today's synch with Sel de Vetiver.

375x500.4222.jpg

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
l'm using today's synch as an excuse to wear Laconia by Tom Daxon, from my newly-acquired bottle. lt conjures up a Greek hillside with the scent of lemon groves, sun-baked earth & salty sea breeze. :smiley:

This is very much a warm weather scent for me, but l'm sure it will brighten up this gloomy, wet & windy day.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
In the morning I decided to go with Bohémiens en Voyage by Alkemia Apothecary and Perfumery as I wanted something easy and non perfumey.

It smells a lot like hay, like countryside fields in the summer. Very outdoorsy smell to me. It's not in the notes, but I think I get a hint of vetiver, too.

I'll top it up with Timbuktu in the evening.

Ebenas

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2006
Corsica Furiosa - green and reminiscent of hot dry summer days - now that ireland has moved back to damp normality after our heatwave!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
As a lifelong urbanite, I feel a little uncomfortable in truly untamed settings. I don't care to go much further into the countryside than the shaded glades and ponds of Annick Goutal's Ninfeo Mio.

NinfeoMio_LilyPads.jpg

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Sel de Vetiver (later, more beachy outdoors) pointed me to ask - what is my most outdoorsy vetiver? Has to be this one - more foresty.

Between Two Trees! By Floraïku!

Have to say, also, that Jon's choice of Creed Epicea is one of my most outdoorsy scents. Beautiful! I must find my lost bottle!

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Now going with my beloved Sel de Vétiver! :happy:

I remembered you were a fan but I think we are in a minority :undecided:

I will always want to hug my Creed SA for getting me to buy it!

I think it's just getting harder and harder to buy or even sample these vaulted Creeds, so it's getting hard to find folks who are even familiar with them.

Red, you'd better find that lost bottle! It is a rare and endangered specimen at this point!

Indeed! My grey caps need some love!

Synced with Creed Cypres Musc
375x500.8890.jpg

Speak of the angels! :wink:

Latest News