Synchronized Fridays 2021

incense+heliotrope

Nov 20, 2017
The list for Synchronized Friday 2021 is now up! Many thanks to everyone who has contributed ideas to the 2021 list. Lot of great suggestions! I look forward to another great year of Synchronized Fridays in the new year. :beer:

Thank you for putting the coming year's Friday Synchs together, and for keeping us right throughout the year, N.Cal.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Thank you for putting the coming year's Friday Synchs together, and for keeping us right throughout the year, N.Cal.

It looks great! Thanks to all involved - especially N.Cal for putting it all together.

Whoa! Thank you for the ton of work you have put in it, NCal!
I can't wait for the next year's synchs! (The few left for this year are also great :) )
Thanks for all the kind words!

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
I think I’ve got two by Menardo, but they’re not really summer scents. Bois d’Argent probably works a bit better than Bulgari Black. I’ll see how I feel on the day.
It would be a shame not to be able to wear one of her scents, she’s one of the few perfumers who can make vanilla palatable for me.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
If Annick Menardo is the upcoming sync theme, might join in with either Boss Bottled as a more "upfront" masculine choice or a few Yves Rocher EDTs or EDPs that might be quite unisex, though also among her less popular and/or best selling fragrances

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Don't currently have any Annick Menardo fragrances, used it wear the old formula Lolita Lempicka. I'm curious about the new 2020 Lolita Lempicka L'Original which is supposed to be the old original formula or very close to it. It's in the directory but no reviews yet. https://www.basenotes.net/ID26162166.html

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
N.Cal, once again you've done a fabulous job lining all this up. THANK YOU!!!

For tomorrow, I've got four by Annick Menardo - and I really love all of them! The two I've not worn in the past year (or at least forgot to post as 'wearing now') give me a SOTD and SOTE choice, I believe: Comme Une Evidence for the day and Lolita Lempicka for the evening. Yay!

cello

Oct 19, 2009
Welcome 2021! Also, thanks NCal for getting this all put together this year :)

I only have two to choose from since I finished off my decant last year of Bois d'Argent. I'll wear Bulgari Black today and Lolita Lempicka EDP this evening, since I have been on a roll with that one recently. I really like many Menardo fragrances.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Well, it seems as if we might as well have called this the Lolita Lempicka sync! And I'll be joining in later today, with the original EDP in the irresistible bottle with the apple-stem sprayer. But that will be later, after I spend my traditional New Year's Day in vintage Dior-Dior.

I bought some of the newer Lolita, in the cubist bottle, and it doesn't smell quite as good as the old stuff. I can't put my finger on exactly what's different, but I think it might have less of the ivy note that's so prominent in my original bottle.

blolita-lempicka-for-women-edp-100ml.jpg

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Here are my suggestions for themes for some of the female BNers nominated so far. As always, if these BNers have ideas of their own, please chime in!

cello: amber/woods/vanilla.

ExtremeK: big florals.

Sunnyfunny: vintage classics.

khanada: "kitchen sink" fragrances.

24 Faubourg: What a Performance! Your best-performing fragrances with the biggest sillage and/or longevity.

l'm a bit stuck for ideas for *dora* & fanny. Both these ladies have huge wardrobes & it's hard to pick out a theme! Any help would be much appreciated.

l'll try to look at the male BNers' wardrobes later...

Omg, I just looked at 2021 Synch Days, and found out that you guys did a “kitchen sink (sync?) day for me! I feel like such a bad BN member, right now. I’m honored—thank you, guys, for thinking of me, and, N. Cal, thank you, for all the hard work this must take, to host this thread. I feel like I have, sort of, arrived. I will have to be more consistent participant in this thread.

My Lolitas are all in the city, otherwise I’d wear one of them. My boyfriend got a vintage mini of Bulgari Black in his stocking, so I might dip into that, and I also think I have a sample of Portrayal Woman around here, somewhere, so that might be an option. Spending Jan 1 entirely in Amouage, would be a great way to start the new year.

I can’t wait for the “scent that got you through the pandemic” day, because I can’t wait for it to be in the past tense. I’m not sure which perfume that will finally be, as right now, it’s my perfume hobby, as a whole, that is getting me through it, with my new friends here being a huge piece of the puzzle. I love you guys *sob* ;)

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Reading thru the list and writing notes on my calendar (yes, a paper calendar) so I'll be ready! I am stumped re: Snowy Mountain. Do I have a chilly fragrance??? )thinking, thinking. .. )

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
For snowy mountains I'm thinking Pinetrees, something with a cool note like iris or aldehydes, or even an "afterski note" scent. Like something with a cocoa note, tea or toddy/blackcurrant note, or something with a bonfiresmell perhaps :)

incense+heliotrope

Nov 20, 2017
Has to be CdG Zagorsk, for me, and a most appropriate theme, given the weather here (frost and snow).
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling might also work (zingy aromatic topnotes), Bottega Veneta pH EdT (pine), even Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche or Chanel No19 Poudre (green, chilly).

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
For snowy mountains I'm thinking Pinetrees, something with a cool note like iris or aldehydes, or even an "afterski note" scent. Like something with a cocoa note, tea or toddy/blackcurrant note, or something with a bonfiresmell perhaps :)

Went for easy with "snow" as my day scent but reading your post I could of picked one of my rotation scents with the iris and aldehyde notes. Might do this for evening, thanks!

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you guys for posting!
I misread the calendar and somehow was falsely sure it's a Vintage day this Friday... Good to know in advance that it's Snowy Mountain after all!

To me, iris and musk sometimes can smell a bit cold, snowy and fluffy (in a snowy way). Jujy, I see you definitely have something with iris in case this note also feels cool and white to you!
I think I should wear a Narciso Rodriguez scent tomorrow, maybe For Her EDT. It has more of the kitty fur vibes to me, but its fluffiness might remind me of fresh snow, too. I'll see what conjures up a snowy mountain in my head the most in the morning!

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I completely forgot, and went with decidedly off-sync sandalwood. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a late sync with something piney.

Hey, wait a minute: I didn’t forget. I posted that on Thursday! If I can dig one out, I’ll probably try a sample of either 46°N 08°E - Switzerland by Richard Lüscher Britos or L’Air des Alpes Suisses by Andy Tauer. Another option is Lavanda Alpina from Borsari.

Last edited:

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
l've gone with Night Star by Scents of Time, from a little decant l was sent by a lovely BNer. There's a coldness to this one, & plenty of iris & aldehydes. l described it in my review as being "like a bunch of purple flowers dusted with snow", & it's quite delightful. :)

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I have gone with Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT - its fur-like softness reminds me of snow and it smells a bit white to me. It's more like I'm on a cold white mountain, it snows in big fluffy snowflakes, and I'm cuddling in my furs and woollies.

In reality, it's snowing outside in those same big fluffy snowflakes and my cat is watching them through the window. Then later she'll come to sit on my lap and I'll snuggle into that soft kitty fur that For Her reminds me of.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I don't own anything that says "snow" to me, but I've certainly got a mountainous forest: Burvuvu by January Scent Project. Acres of cedar, on a forest floor of decayed lichens and mushrooms.

26157165-5234.jpg

Latest News