19 House of Christian Dior
26 Amber Note
March
04 Noses Francis Kurkdjian or Antoine Maisondieu
11 From Hate to Love - 180 degree turn
18 House of Guerlain
25 Oud Note
April
01 Blue Flower Note (violet, iris, etc.)
08 House of Chanel
15 Something Panned by "The Guide"
22 Something You Learned About From Synch Friday
29 Immortelle Note
May
06 House of Atelier
13 Chypre (Reprise)
20 Reminds you of a Special Person In Your Life
27 The Last Full Bottle You Bought
June
Has an Unusual Fruit Note
10 Soliflore
17 High School Throw-Back (a scent launched during your HS graduation year)
24 Something from the UK
July
01 Something from the USA
08 Bertrand Duchaufour Celebration
15 Citrus
22 Take a Walk With
Favorite Green Scent
29 Jasmine Note
August
05 White Floral
12 Galbanum Note
19 House of Artisan/L'Artisan or House of Goutal
Something Unashamedly Synthetic or Abstract
September
02 Vetiver (Reprise)
09 Discontinued Perfume
16 House of Frederick Malle, House of Hermes
Something From Your Samples You Have Not Tried Before (Reprise)
30 Scent relating directly to a piece of art or you feel has a strong affinity to that perfume. Plus post the art as reference
October
07 Warm Spicy Fragrance
14 Something From the 1940's
21 Almost Time for Tricks and Treats with a Chocolate Note
Smells Like a Crypt in Here With Moss, Mineral Notes, Dirt, Decay
November
Something Inspired by the Silk Road
Guilty pleasure, a fragrance that you enjoy regardless of any controversy or boundaries (included gender orientation)
A Niche Perfume
25 Sandalwood Note
December
04 An Italian House
09 A Spanish House
16 Any Female Nose
23 Holiday Scent
30 Something That Makes You Feel Happy

Last edited:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Here are some suggestions that I would add. Feel free to critique my suggestions.
- Vanilla Note
- House of Frederic Malle; House of Tom Ford; House of Hermes (I noticed some of these houses are missing from the list)
- Scent for the Holidays (Around XMAS time)
- Recommend a Fragrance from someone's wardrobe to wear
- Classic/Iconic Fragrance (Something from yesteryear time period)
- A Fragrance from a specific decade (I suggest a decade like 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's)
- A Shalimar Flanker

Wonderful list so far Betsy, good work!

Last edited:

shelju

Jan 7, 2010
Hi There! I'm new to posting and encouraged by La Flaneuse, Sync Fridays was a great place to "jump in" . . . How about these for ideas:
Celeb Scent
High School Throw-Back (a scent launched during your HS graduation year)
Crowd Pleaser
Thierry Mugler Flanker (idea taken from N CAL)

La Flâneuse

Sep 22, 2012
Hi There! I'm new to posting and encouraged by La Flaneuse, Sync Fridays was a great place to "jump in" . . . How about these for ideas:
Celeb Scent
Crowd Pleaser

Nice to see you posting!

Whitefluffy

Sep 14, 2006
I haven't been posting lately but would really love to join and become a more permanent participant in Synchronized Fridays. I loved the idea of L'Artisan and immortele note! I also loved N.CAL's idea of vanilla note. If I could chime in with few of suggestions...

- Aldehydes
-Jasmine
-From hate to love - 180 degree turn

Last edited:

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
I love everything that is posted and everyone suggestions are awesome! I'm excited for next year already! Thanks for coordinating this, Betsy, and thank you for coordinating the Sync Week, La Flâneuse!

I only have two suggestions/requests:

1. Would it be possible to move Lutens week to a colder month?
2. What about something from Asia (or Asian inspired)? This could include Asian/Indian/Middle East fragrance houses, fragrances inspired by the region or people from the region, or traditional notes of the region.

Last edited:

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Here are some more thoughts - anyone feel free to agree/disagree or expand.
- A fragrance that evokes a very special/specific memory (ie: from childhood, special event, first date, wedding, a scent that reminds of a special person: family member, friend).
- Happy scent, a fragrance that put's you in a good mood.
- Guilty pleasure, a fragrance that you enjoy regardless of any controversy or boundaries (gender oriented) that may be tied to it.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Here are some suggestions that I would add. Feel free to critique my suggestions.
- Vanilla Note
- House of Frederic Malle; House of Tom Ford; House of Hermes (I noticed some of these houses are missing from the list)
- Scent for the Holidays (Around XMAS time)
- Recommend a Fragrance from someone's wardrobe to wear
- Classic/Iconic Fragrance (Something from yesteryear time period)
- A Fragrance from a specific decade (I suggest a decade like 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's)
- A Shalimar Flanker

Wonderful list so far Betsy, good work!
n
Thanks N.CAL. I got you with that Creed didn't I?

Shalimar Flanker was just done in September. Vanilla and Recommend Somthing for Someone Else to Wear were both done last year. We also did the 1980's last year so I have changed that one to 1970's. We try to do something new each year and go every other year with repeats. That keeps the list fresh and interesting.

For the different time period how about something created in the 1940's? That will really make people think. Classic/Ionic has been done for a lot of the decades but I bet we have never done the 1940's. What do you think? It's an interesting period because of World War II.

Scent for the Holidays has been added.

Tom Ford is coming up in December. Frederick Malle and House of Hermes I think need to be paired with another house. I know your collection is vast but I'm not sure how many people will have these two in their collection. When that happens I try to give people two choices. Let me give some thought to a pairing and then include these two.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Celeb Scent
Crowd Pleaser

Great suggestions! I have added High School Throw-Back and Thierry Mugler Flanker. We have never done either of these.

We just did Celebrity Fragrance a few months ago.

What did you mean by "crowd pleaser"? Not rejecting it would just like to have a definition.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
I haven't been posting lately but would really love to join and become a more permanent participant in Synchronized Fridays. I loved the idea of L'Artisan and immortele note! I also loved N.CAL's idea of vanilla note. If I could chime in with few of suggestions...

- Aldehydes
-Jasmine
-From hate to love - 180 degree turn

Jasmine has been added.

Aldehydes was done in 2015 so let's skip a year on that one so the regulars don't get bored.

From Hate to Love! Now that's an interesting one. I suggested that myself in 2014 and boy did it bomb. I was so surprised because I thought this was a great idea. You see people posting in forums all the time about how they didn't like something at first and then they love it. I thought it would be a huge success. It wasn't. But I like it and you like it so I'm putting it in. Just know you and I may be the only ones participating that Friday. (LOL) IF we get too many complaints I'll change it.

Last edited:

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
I love everything that is posted and everyone suggestions are awesome! I'm excited for next year already! Thanks for coordinating this, Betsy, and thank you for coordinating the Sync Week, La Flâneuse!

I only have two suggestions/requests:

1. Would it be possible to move Lutens week to a colder month?
2. What about something from Asia (or Asian inspired)? This could include Asian/Indian/Middle East fragrance houses, fragrances inspired by the region or people from the region, or traditional notes of the region.

Oriental is already on the list. Does it need further definition? Was it what you had in mind? Let me know and I'll change it.

I'll switch Serge Lutens to a colder month. Good catch!

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Here are some more thoughts - anyone feel free to agree/disagree or expand.
- A fragrance that evokes a very special/specific memory (ie: from childhood, special event, first date, wedding, a scent that reminds of a special person: family member, friend).
- Happy scent, a fragrance that put's you in a good mood.
- Guilty pleasure, a fragrance that you enjoy regardless of any controversy or boundaries (gender oriented) that may be tied to it.

We haven't done the special person thing for awhile. In 2014 we did it around mother's day. I'll add it as it was a very successful synch. I'll also add the other two. We do have a Unisex day. I changed that to Guilty Pleasure since Unisex is a reprise we did last year.

Last edited:

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Does anybody have a better suggestion for Halloween time besides "noir" and "black". I know they are good but we have done them a lot. I put that one in so don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings. If you guys want to go with "noir" and "black" that's fine too.

I think someone suggested "a cheap scent" but I can't find it the post right now. We also did that one last year so I suggest we skip at least a year in between.

Maybe all the reprises should go but I know there are people that really love certain things and want them done and that's fine with me. I really am trying to keep them at a minimum or give them a twist so those of us that have been synching for awhile don't get bored.

Last edited:

La Flâneuse

Sep 22, 2012
I2. What about something from Asia (or Asian inspired)? This could include Asian/Indian/Middle East fragrance houses, fragrances inspired by the region or people from the region, or traditional notes of the region.

We can add this to theme week, the day after the Oriental Synch, maybe call it 'scents of the silk road'? that would take in Turkey, Persia, India, China etc A virtual road trip with camels, carrying silk, stopping off en route?

Whitefluffy

Sep 14, 2006
From Hate to Love! Now that's an interesting one. I suggested that myself in 2014 and boy did it bomb. I was so surprised because I thought this was a great idea. You see people posting in forums all the time about how they didn't like something at first and then they love it. I thought it would be a huge success. It wasn't. But I like it and you like it so I'm putting it in. Just know you and I may be the only ones participating that Friday. (LOL) IF we get too many complaints I'll change it.

It is funny! I, too, noticed great number of people who went from hating something to loving something over the course of their perfume hobby, and I experienced it myself as well. It is surprising, that this category didn't do so well. Maybe, folks were thinking of a perfume alone? What about hating a note, or even an entire category? I used to struggle with vanilla and patchouli and hated gourmands. But I do understand if not enough people would be interested in something like that. Thank you for adding jasmine! :)

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
Looks really good Betsy! I'm not sure about wearing sandalwood in July. I think somewhere between September-March would be better, but that's just me. People in Australia would love it I'm sure.

You could have "your favorite green scent" somewhere in the spring.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
I am finally able to come back and looking forward to SOTD tomorrow!

clicking-your-heels-smiley-emoticon.gif

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
n

For the different time period how about something created in the 1940's? That will really make people think. Classic/Ionic has been done for a lot of the decades but I bet we have never done the 1940's. What do you think? It's an interesting period because of World War II.

I think that will work well. What other earlier decades have already been done? (ie: 1920's, 1930's, 1950's)

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
Oriental is already on the list. Does it need further definition? Was it what you had in mind? Let me know and I'll change it.

I'll switch Serge Lutens to a colder month. Good catch!

I was thinking more on the lines of a fragrance house from Asia, India, Middle East (or a fragrance or notes inspired by the region), rather than an Oriental perfume. Don't get my wrong, I love Oriental fragrances, but I was thinking that Asia is one of those regions with a rich history of fragrances that often goes overlooked compared to Europe and the west.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I was thinking more on the lines of a fragrance house from Asia, India, Middle East (or fragrance inspired by the region), rather than an Oriental perfume. Don't get my wrong, I love Oriental fragrances, but I was thinking that Asia is one of those regions with a rich history of fragrances that often goes overlooked compared to Europe and the west.

I think you were referring to Asian-oriented fragrances? Fragrances that remind you of Asia (or India or Middle East) for instance an herbal green tea note (Asia), mysore sandalwood note (India), and oud note(Middle East).

Last edited:

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
I think you were referring to Asian-oriented fragrances? Fragrances that remind you of Asia (or India or Middle East) for instance an herbal green tea note (Asia), mysore sandalwood note (India), and oud note(Middle East).

Yes, exactly! I was also thinking we could include Asian fragrance houses like Amouage, Comme des Garcons, etc.

Last edited:

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
We can add this to theme week, the day after the Oriental Synch, maybe call it 'scents of the silk road'? that would take in Turkey, Persia, India, China etc A virtual road trip with camels, carrying silk, stopping off en route?

I love it! I might use this as an excuse to wear Journey Man all week!

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Will add green and switch sandalwood. Won't get to it for awhile I have to go get ready for a wine dinner in Williamsburg tonight.

We have both sandalwood and oud listed as notes.

BRM85282 tell me exactly what you want and how you want it to say and I'll do it. No problem.

Last edited:

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Okay. Give it to me exactly how you want it to read. We don't have many days left and lots of people that usually weigh in have not. For that reason I would like to substitute oriental with this rather then pairing them. If we don't get anymore suggestions then I will add both. Is that okay?

Last edited:

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Oops! I'm sorry! I apologize. I'm in a hurry and read it too fast. ME BAD!

Give me the Oriental Friday exactly the way you want it to read and I will substitute. Do you still want to do both? If so I'll find a space somewhere. Have go to go now. "The hurryer I go the behinder I get".

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
All of them I think. But we can always do them again.

I substituted "chocolate note" for "Black or Noir".

I'm going to hold off adding anymore. All of our slots are almost full. I want to give other people a chance to weigh in so everybody has a say.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
We did lavender last spring and we have also done a funny name or something similar and I believe it was April first so let's hold off on that for awhile. Let's give some other folks a chance. We have almost 2 months you know.

Last edited:

Latest News