Upcoming Synchronized Fridays

Please go to the forum Synchronized Fridays 2015

Past Synchronized Fridays

10/01/2014 Something you got as a gift
17/01/2014 Created 2000-2013
24/01/2014 Grab a New (to you) Sample
31/01/2014 House of Guerlain
07/02/2014 Reminds You of an Old Flame
14/02/2014 Rose Notes (Happy Valentines Day)
21/02/2014 First You Hated It Then You Loved It
28/02/2014 House of Estee Lauder
07/03/2014 Oud or Other Woody Notes
14/03/2014 Designer Fragrance
21/03/2014 Chypre
28/03/2014 Created 1990-1999
04/04/2014 Gourmand
11/04/2014 Niche
18/04/2014 Your Current Favorite
25/04/2014 House of Chanel
02/05/2014 White Flowers
09/05/2014 Reminds you of Your Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Favorite Aunt (Happy Mother’s Day) or Father,
Grandfather, Brother, Favorite Uncle
16/05/2014 Hidden Treasure You Haven’t Worn in a Year/Year
23/05/2014 From Your Samples - Your Next Purchase
30/05/2014 From the British Isles
06/06/2014 The House You Have the Most Bottles From
13/06/2014 Sadie Hawkins Day - Unisex or Something Usually Worn by the Opposite Sex (Happy Father's Day)
20/06/2014 Discontinued Fragrance
27/06/2014 Your Newest
04/07/2014 Citrus Notes
11/07/2014 Your favorite flanker
18/07/2014 Inspired by (or could be worn by a character in) your favorite TV show, movie, or book
25/07/2014 Perfumers Aurelien Guichard or Olivier Polge
01/08/2014 Created 1950 to 1959
08/08/2014 Favorite seduction fragrance
15/08/2014 Your favorite summer scent
22/08/2014 House of Pierre Balmain or House of Lanvin
29/08/2014 Confess - You bought it for the bottle -- or -- if you refuse to plead guilty your favorite bottle design
05/09/2014 Something With a Honey or Saffron Note
12/09/2014 Pre-Reformulation (Original formulation or a previous generation from the latest version)
19/09/2014 You Like the Reformulation Better
26/09/2014 Your Favorite Perfumer/Nose
03/10/2014 House of Lancome
10/10/2014 First Created Between 1900 and 1929
17/10/2014 Has an Iris Note
24/10/2014 Oriental
31/10/2014 Something with black, noire, or ebony in its name (Happy Halloween)
07/11/2014 Your Oldest
14/11/2014 House of Dior
21/11/2014 Layer 2 or more different scents
28/11/2014 Your favorite winter scent
05/12/2014 Brings back memories of an event or special time in your life
12/12/2014 Perfumers Sophia Grojsman or Christopher Sheldrake
19/12/2014 Has a Grass or Herb Note
26/12/2014 Your Favorite Holiday Season Scent

Last edited:

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
I have posted the list for 2014 through the end of May. Suggestions are more then welcome.

I tried to leave things open so members new to fragrance mania could participate but also have some things for more devoted fragranistas and an opportunity for novices like me to learn. When I said suggestions are welcome I meant it.

Does anyone know how to make something a sticky?

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
This is a fun idea! You should consider posting it to the Men's Discussion thread as well.

Hi, glad to hear from you. Hope you will participate this coming Friday. The more people that post the more fun it is.

This was started many years ago. It has always been in the Women's Fragrances section although many men participate. As the new moderator I'm just leaving it as is until I find my way around a bit more.

The group has been very quiet during the holidays. Sure hope it picks up this Friday. I've learned so much from all of you.

bonsai

Jan 2, 2010
Betsy, thank you very much for doing this! I like the list a lot, there's indeed something for everybody in there.

A few ideas:
Your favourite parfumeur/nose
The house you have the most bottles from

Looking forward to Friday!

shadesofbleu

The power of bleu
Basenotes Plus
Jun 3, 2005
Great ideas, Besty!

I like the oud or woody note day ... maybe we could do a few other days dedicated to one note? Maybe honey or saffron notes? (I suggested those as not being too odd or too common.)

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
You could do a Sadie Hawkins theme where one wears a fragrance designed for the opposite gender or a historical theme where one wears the oldest (or newest) bottle in your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xscent

Jun 12, 2013
You could do a Sadie Hawkins theme where one wears a fragrance designed for the opposite gender or a historical theme where one wears the oldest (or newest) bottle in your collection.

Great idea! I often wear fragrances marketed to men. Should it specifically marketed to the other gender rather than unisex? Might be a bit more of a challenge?

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
Either would be fine...something marketed specifically to the opposite gender or if you don't own/have access to one or have samples, then a masculine or feminine unisex fragrance would work.

Foustie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
Betsy! This is terrific. Thank you so much. :cheesy:

I really like the list so far. I like the idea of single note days and days dedicated to one perfumer. Sometimes I think that I don't have anything by a particular perfumer and it transpires that I do. I just wasn't aware that they created that fragrance. I like it when Friday synchs throw out a little challenge which makes you really look at your collection and samples.

I will come back to chip in with some suggestions soon.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
The first one is going to be hard as everyone I know, would never dream of giving me perfume as gift!!!!

I will have to go for the samples as I do get though given to me.

Oh, Donna, don't you sometimes get what you really want for Christmas/Birthdays by gifting yourself? I sure do.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Great ideas, Besty!

I like the oud or woody note day ... maybe we could do a few other days dedicated to one note? Maybe honey or saffron notes? (I suggested those as not being too odd or too common.)

You really want to make me work don't you? I have no idea what has honey or saffron but that is why I love this group. It helps me to learn and grow. I have added these along with everyone elses suggestions.

Thanks so much.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Oh, great, you have been working on this, Betsy! Good job.
I will try to keep up. Something as a gift. I have very few of those. Maybe one or two. I can dig them out, though.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
I have a sort of vintage idea- don't know if you've done it before. How about something you have that is pre re-formulation? Or maybe something discontinued?

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
I have a sort of vintage idea- don't know if you've done it before. How about something you have that is pre re-formulation? Or maybe something discontinued?

I love that idea. Discontinued is pretty easy for me. So is reformulated. I know the ones that I use that have been reformulated but every time I turn around I find another one that is reformulated.

So how would you know? And which re-formulation? Shalimar has been done at least twice since 1980 and probably more.

I really like this suggestion a lot. Just trying to pin down how to describe the re-reformulation issue. Any ideas?

Betsy

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
I have added Discontinued (June) and also Reformulation.(September).

Can't wait to see what everybody does for reformulation as it can get pretty complex if you think about it too much.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
As far as pre re-formulation, I'd say if you have a vintage version that you know has been changed- one that you like better than the new changed version, go with that.

citypark

Jul 11, 2013
Thank you for the list, Betsy, it looks like much fun - and much work from your side.

I have not many gifted to me, one is a mini of Poison by Dior.

bonsai

Jan 2, 2010
As far as pre re-formulation, I'd say if you have a vintage version that you know has been changed- one that you like better than the new changed version, go with that.

It would be fun to do another sync the other way round as well: a re-formulated scent of which you like the new version more than the original.

We could also do a "flankers" Friday.

Syncing in vintage Bellodgia from a mini I received from a fantastic friend.

Twolf

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 26, 2005
Betsy, you are doing a wonderful job, your #4 should be in every book as a great moderating example. Thank you!

In sync, with vintage -- and often misunderstood -- Crescendo de Lanvin, a refined carnation scent with a fruity vibe and lingering drydown. Thanks to a European BN friend. *kuss und gruss*.

Xscent

Jun 12, 2013
Synching with L'Heure Bleue EdT 1998 limited edition (Deco fountain logo). Received this lovely bottle last Christmas.

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
Syncing with Tresor by Lancome - the newer version. A gift from a friend several years ago.

This is my first wearing and not sure how I feel about it. But I'm glad to have it in my collection as it has become a classic.

Last edited:

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
'It would be fun to do another sync the other way round as well: a re-formulated scent of which you like the new version more than the original.

We could also do a "flankers" Friday.'

Done and done - see July and August. Great ideas especially the "flanker".

BRM85282

Mar 27, 2013
I enjoy this idea of having a theme each week...although I think I'm one of the only (the only?) male that is participating.

Today I am wearing Prada Amber Intense. Most people know not to get me fragrances as a gift, but for my birthday last year, one of my best friends gave me a Sephora gift card and this is what I bought with it. I almost wore Versace Man Eau Fraiche because it was given to me by my wife (and today is her birthday), but it was too summery for this cold January day.

Latest News