Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

naqshbandi

Basenotes Member
Dec 1, 2007
I bought all of SP sample set. Working my way through them. Beautiful. I like the deer musk accord smell but was a bit disappointed to learn it wasn’t actually made with real deer musk :( the other SP samples are all amazing though with Ame Sombre, Tabac Grande amongst my all time favourites. i hope to have full bottles of them all eventually !

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
I bought all of SP sample set. Working my way through them. Beautiful. I like the deer musk accord smell but was a bit disappointed to learn it wasn’t actually made with real deer musk :( the other SP samples are all amazing though with Ame Sombre, Tabac Grande amongst my all time favourites. i hope to have full bottles of them all eventually !
Love the Deer Musk Signature. I usually can't stand synthetic musks, but this one is very good. This one, old MKK, Musc Tonkin, and Mriga are the living proof that one doesn't need to use real deer musk after all in order to create a beautiful, close to the real stuff, animalic perfume.

I'm planning to order multiple attars from Sultan soon, and that Deer Musk Accord is definitely among them.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Love the Deer Musk Signature. I usually can't stand synthetic musks, but this one is very good. This one, old MKK, Musc Tonkin, and Mriga are the living proof that one doesn't need to use real deer musk after all in order to create a beautiful, close to the real stuff, animalic perfume.

I'm planning to order multiple attars from Sultan soon, and that Deer Musk Accord is definitely among them.
mriga is really good and I agree one doesn't have to use real deer musk to get the desired effect but it takes immense skill to do so as you would agree many fall flat

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
It’s definitely not going to be the one if you’re looking for a pure deer musk tincture(it’s fairly easy to find deer musk grains in sandalwood—- try ASO or EO or RPP) but I think it’s stunning for what it is. The fact that Sultan can nail such an amazing approximation of the scent using botanicals and other extracts? To me that’s real skill.

naqshbandi

Basenotes Member
Dec 1, 2007
Oh I agree that SP is an amazing perfumer, I just assumed he was also using real deer musk in his musk accord since everything else he uses is natural too. Does he not use any animal products at all then in his perfumes? Would this mean his ambergris is also not real ambergris?

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
Oh I agree that SP is an amazing perfumer, I just assumed he was also using real deer musk in his musk accord since everything else he uses is natural too. Does he not use any animal products at all then in his perfumes? Would this mean his ambergris is also not real ambergris?
He uses real ambergris, castoreum, hyrax and skunk(in only one Attar I believe) for sure. Im pretty sure he only uses real civet. And he definitely uses a deer musk accord rather than real deer musk for ethical reasons.

cpatrick44

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 7, 2020

Violette Noyée is back. 🥰

Hey has anyone tried this one? It sounds like Sultan's homage to Apres L'Ondee, which is what would happen if the Gods said to me: pick your favorite perfume and then your favorite perfumer that you'd like to see remake it. It's not listed among the samples contained in this round of the sample sets, so I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and order if folks have had generally favorable impressions.

Latest News