Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Encens Chypre is back!!!

Glad you can finally get it:)).

I also bought a 3ml bottle. I have less than 1 ml in a bottle that was gifted to me and I really like it a lot. Much more than the first time I've sampled it. Not overly complex to my nose, but done really well. One of the best Chypres that I have tried for sure.
Also, I am so happy to be gifted by Sultan a 3ml bottle of his Black Truffle Macerate with my Irisoir and Thebes G1 purchase.

harveyg1

Dec 15, 2019
Re: Sultan Pasha's Frangrances

How then do you apply these very potent 2-drop samples? Do you just put your forefinger on the sample vial and tip it over so your finger gets a bit of the juice and then touch your finger on your pulse points?

Interested in your advice on this too... what works best for you? Thank you.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
I got several samples of MIELFLEUR with my last order. This one is excellent. I’ll be springing for a bottle at some point for sure. I get a sweet pipe tobacco vibe, apricot, and slight florals. I believe it’s actually honey, citruses, and white florals. Sultan has been on a roll the last year plus.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
I got several samples of MIELFLEUR with my last order. This one is excellent. I’ll be springing for a bottle at some point for sure. I get a sweet pipe tobacco vibe, apricot, and slight florals. I believe it’s actually honey, citruses, and white florals. Sultan has been on a roll the last year plus.

I agree - it's a lot denser than one would imagine from the note listing.
I definitely get orange citrusy notes with a lot of spices and resins making up that sweet pipe tobacco accord you speak of.
There's also a floral muskiness from the white florals, and a lot of chewy nuttiness and tonka bean in that lovely sultan-aide of sandalwood, ambergris, amberiness.
Delicious!

Mr Mitsouko

Jul 14, 2018
I agree - it's a lot denser than one would imagine from the note listing.
I definitely get orange citrusy notes with a lot of spices and resins making up that sweet pipe tobacco accord you speak of.
There's also a floral muskiness from the white florals, and a lot of chewy nuttiness and tonka bean in that lovely sultan-aide of sandalwood, ambergris, amberiness.
Delicious!

Yes! A sister to Tabacaurum somehow, intenser and even longer lasting, less tobacco, more orange blossom. Addictive.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
Wearing Chypre Narcisse today for the first time in months. I remember liking it a lot when I first tried it, but wearing it now I must say this is on another level. Just mind-blowingly good stuff. Anyone else like this one? I don’t see much said about it digging back through the thread.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
Wearing Chypre Narcisse today for the first time in months. I remember liking it a lot when I first tried it, but wearing it now I must say this is on another level. Just mind-blowingly good stuff. Anyone else like this one? I don’t see much said about it digging back through the thread.

Absolutely love this one. Such a shape shifter. From animalic to clean to green to soft powdery. Wonderful.

Ashfaque

Jul 27, 2017
I'm have written a lot of notes on it. The reason is, as P_M mentioned, CN displays different things with different transitions at different times, s.t. our weather. But I need to write them down in a coherent manner (and add some graphs). Just too lazy atm! In the mean time, here is a short one.

Tilt

Aug 9, 2019
I love CN and have a bottle of it on the way. Chypre Chrysanthemum seems to get a lot of the praise from reviewers and comments, which is certainly well deserved too (I wore it a fair amount this summer). Though CN has more complexity to it to my nose; love that animalic phase PM mentions.

Ashfaque, we need more reviews with graphs from you! :)

cpatrick44

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 7, 2020
Anyone heard from SP on the status of Thebes I? Went to reload and saw that it currently isn't listed on the website. I reached out but no reply. Here's hoping he's just between batches.

AHMEDNASERI89

Jun 8, 2020
I noticed the Thebes Grade 1 isn’t listed anymore on his site. Does that mean he no longer make it or is that only temporary? I’d be so bummed if it’s discontinued because it’s my favorite and I still haven’t saved enough to purchase a bottle. My 2 year old sample is running out :/

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
I’ve seen a few come off and go back up not long after. Ame Sombre, for example. Aurum and Encens were out for much longer. I’d be surprised if Thebes is discontinued, but I haven’t heard one way or another. I hope he makes another batch of Nankun Kodo. I miss that one.

cpatrick44

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 7, 2020
I’ve seen a few come off and go back up not long after. Ame Sombre, for example. Aurum and Encens were out for much longer. I’d be surprised if Thebes is discontinued, but I haven’t heard one way or another. I hope he makes another batch of Nankun Kodo. I miss that one.

Yes! That one was such a wonderful light incense. I've never smelled anything like it. Hoping it comes back too.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Yes! That one was such a wonderful light incense. I've never smelled anything like it. Hoping it comes back too.

CPatrick44 I think I bought the last of Thebes G1, and that after following your advice:)))). I wanted to get a bottle and noticed that it was no longer on the site. Reached out to SP and he told me that he's out and will be re-made hopefully in a year. After a couple of days he messaged me saying that he put the last 3 grams up for grabs and that once it's gone, it's gone. And got it. And you were absolutely right, I ADORE IT. My favorite attar so far. I have now found one from every category that truly speaks to me and transports me to a different time and place. A perfume, an attar, and an oud oil. Thebes G1 is my attar pick. Thank you!

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
CPatrick44 I think I bought the last of Thebes G1, and that after following your advice:)))). I wanted to get a bottle and noticed that it was no longer on the site. Reached out to SP and he told me that he's out and will be re-made hopefully in a year. After a couple of days he messaged me saying that he put the last 3 grams up for grabs and that once it's gone, it's gone. And got it. And you were absolutely right, I ADORE IT. My favorite attar so far. I have now found one from every category that truly speaks to me and transports me to a different time and place. A perfume, an attar, and an oud oil. Thebes G1 is my attar pick. Thank you!

What's the perfume and the oud?

AHMEDNASERI89

Jun 8, 2020

So, Thebes G1 will no longer be available? Or is it that we have to wait a whole year before it’s back? I actually saved enough to buy 1 gram of thebes and I ordered it around June this year but SP sent me Tabac Grande instead. Decided to keep it to avoid the hassle of returns and now I see Thebes G1 is gone. FML

Any idea why he stopped making it? There’s a note there that I can only imagine is the ambergris which smells almost marine-like and addictive. The leather accord is gorgeous too. God damn it.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
So, Thebes G1 will no longer be available? Or is it that we have to wait a whole year before it’s back? I actually saved enough to buy 1 gram of thebes and I ordered it around June this year but SP sent me Tabac Grande instead. Decided to keep it to avoid the hassle of returns and now I see Thebes G1 is gone. FML

Any idea why he stopped making it? There’s a note there that I can only imagine is the ambergris which smells almost marine-like and addictive. The leather accord is gorgeous too. God damn it.

He said he's of it at the moment. I'm pretty sure that he will start working on a new batch that is going to be available again in a year or so.

Proust_Madeleine

Apr 5, 2019
The Perfume is Vintage Une Fleur de Cassie from Frederic Malle. Don't ask me if it's different because I haven't tried the current one. Need to do it though.
The Oud is Emperor of China from Jinkoh Store, Hainan, and Hong Kong co-distilled (mostly Hainan).

That Emperor from Marius is great, isn’t it? Not super “buzzy” but the scent is like a perfect Chinese Oud experience.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
That Emperor from Marius is great, isn’t it? Not super “buzzy” but the scent is like a perfect Chinese Oud experience.

Exactly. It doesn't have the buzz of other oils, but I think it's my favorite oil thus far. It really connects with me. And yes, it does have that Chinese Spice and Medicine shop overload of aromas over the base that I find in his HK oil. So transporting and delightful.

cpatrick44

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 7, 2020

Jcelello - just a heads up - Mellifluence is currently working on a batch of his Sessile attar, and it has a lot of the same soft incense notes Nankun Kodo does. It really is a beauty (and an incredible bargain), if you wanted to scratch that same itch.

Haha, glad it is being well-loved. I can't believe the next batch comes in a year! I guess that's the price you pay for that level of art. As they say, to genius much is allowed.

Oct 20, 2019
He has a new attar: Agarwood Nasha. The scent is brand new, but the text obviously doesn't fit because it's Juriah's text. I hope, Sultan will change that soon.

Ashfaque

Jul 27, 2017
Nasha (that we call 'nesha' in Bengali) literally means addiction => Agarwood Nasha = Agarwood addiction. The root word is Sanskrit - just like many words from our Subcontinent across many languages. I can never say 'no' to an oud-heavy composition - especially, if it comes from one of my favourite perfumers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest News