Suggestions for gifting on mom's bday

Borleone

Feb 12, 2022
Mom's 55th birthday in January! Please suggest some nice perfume she will like to wear.
FYI she isn't used to wearing perfume much usually unless special occasions.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Can you give us a bit more information as to any flowers, fruits, food notes your Mum enjoys smelling? Is hard to pick a perfume for someone not knowing anything about their tastes.

Classic, well-liked perfumes include Coco Chanel, J’Adore by Dior and Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin.

LeChypreSexy

Oct 13, 2022
Mom's 55th birthday in January! Please suggest some nice perfume she will like to wear.
It's hard to guess without knowing her tastes, but you generally can't go wrong with the classics by companies like Chanel or Guerlain or Lauder. I would stay away from candy/gourmand types of scents because she would probably find them too juvenile. Floral Chypres would be a good bet. I'm her age and I like those.

JBHoren

I *am* smiling
Apr 25, 2007
I would take what's highlighted and suggest that if you live nearby, or will be celebrating her birthday together, perhaps accompany her to several fragrance shops, let her choose what she wants, and you buy it for her. Make an occasion of it... brunch/lunch... dinner.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...