Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 5, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
Stock is back, even if too many not of interest..... There was another one just like the bigger shelf beside it, and on the back side it was all gift sets. Couple of things caught my eye... old favorite Salvatore Ferragamo PH 3.4 for $35, and a Dunhill but forget which one for $19.99. Back on a different spot by clearance was one shelf of non-clearance (the second pic) and there was Terre d'Hermes alcohol free version for 49.99. I don't follow Hermes prices and didn't know if that was good, decided not to look it up online and just give it a pass.... Also took a look at the Faconnable and was thinking never hear about them at all except about a page up where one person had sprayed one....they were all 19.99.

IMG_8466 upd.jpg IMG_8467 upd.jpg

Went to Kohl's and weirdest thing I've seen. All they had in entire store was one area marked women's fragrances and there was not one name-brand product, it was just full of those plastic spray things that look like the room scents or even shampoo/hair products they sell... with generic names like vanilla rose or whatever. Not a single designer box anywhere.

Two days later hit another TJ Maxx (no pics) and they had a big table out with a lot of box sets.... nothing interested me but likely some would find something. But they had a single Commodity Leather which I got for $34 and took a flyer on Cardin Fusion 3 oz for $12..... for old times sake..

NettyYeti

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 28, 2016
Stock is improving, but prices are nothing to write home about.

TJ Maxx:
E536FF65-47E8-4450-A432-78F997071AB9.jpeg

Burlington has had about every Banana Republic Icon Collection fragrance. It’s been some time since I’ve seen the likes of Oud Mosaic or Vintage Green.

Nordstrom Rack had a Spicebomb Infrared gift set (90ml + 20ml) for $65. It’s about the only thing that’s tickled my interest lately.

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
Oh man, I keep looking around my area for the Commodity fragrances since @maksidrom posted about them... Especially the one you grabbed. What are your thoughts on it?
Keep looking and maybe you'll get lucky!!! It's weird but when I see them they never have more than one or two of any type and the first two I bought I had not seen in the store before but they were on clearance. Those were vetiver which is quite good and bergamot which is good. I haven't tried the leather yet will report back. I remembered that someone in this thread recommended it in the last couple of weeks.....

maksidrom

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 30, 2003
More sightings of Drakkar Intense, this time TJ Maxx, they probably had half a dozen, same price as Marshalls a few weeks ago - $32 for a 100 ml bottle. Tons of Missoni Wave and Missoni PH across both Marshalls & TJX, prices were ridiculous - $50 for 50 ml, $60 for 100 ml and $60 for giftsets that had 100 ml bottles or 50 ml bottle + various add-ons. In Marshalls came across an Atelier Bloem 100 ml bottle for $30. And TJX had a bottle of Creed, just snapped a photo for all the folks that say they can't believe Creed is sold at discount stores.
Finally, spotted Commodity Vetiver at Ross, 100 ml for $30.
IMG_20221209_175949867-1.jpg IMG_20221209_181247031-1.jpg IMG_20221210_132557104.jpg IMG_20221209_202622452-1.jpg IMG_20221209_203840663-1.jpg

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
More sightings of Drakkar Intense, this time TJ Maxx, they probably had half a dozen, same price as Marshalls a few weeks ago - $32 for a 100 ml bottle. Tons of Missoni Wave and Missoni PH across both Marshalls & TJX, prices were ridiculous - $50 for 50 ml, $60 for 100 ml and $60 for giftsets that had 100 ml bottles or 50 ml bottle + various add-ons. View attachment 314017

Wow! The price variations for Missoni is absurd! I'm so glad I got the 100mL Wave for $31.99...I wonder if it's supposed to be $49.99 for the 100mL and $31.99 for the 50mL??

PrinceCaspian

Basenotes Member
Apr 20, 2021
Keep looking and maybe you'll get lucky!!! It's weird but when I see them they never have more than one or two of any type and the first two I bought I had not seen in the store before but they were on clearance. Those were vetiver which is quite good and bergamot which is good. I haven't tried the leather yet will report back. I remembered that someone in this thread recommended it in the last couple of weeks.....
I did get lucky today! Grabbed Bergamot @ Ross for $29.99. I'll continue to keep an eye out for Leather.

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
Seems like TKMaxx Germany is shrinking its perfume aisle and shifting to mainstream and drugstore schlock. I haven't seen anything remotely interesting at any store I've been at for months now, and whenever there is a lone luxury fragrance it's more expensive than on the net. Perhaps the days when you could pluck off L'Artisans and Miller Harris for € 15 like ripe cherries from a tree are done for.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
Its all pure junk around me this season. Lots more stock, but sheer schlock. I might be over it. These stores are depressing me (at least this time of year). Crowded, look like a bomb hit them, merch in disarray if not on the floor, and full of stuff that probably shouldn’t even be made in the first place.

I haven’t seen a decent fragrance in ages. And certainly no steals. To think last year I was finding Serge Luten’s for $20!! Now that’s worth entering a TJ Maxx! Otherwise, not so much.

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
Spotted a bunch of rarer Mont Blanc frags at TJ Maxx the other day. A 200 ML Legend EDT for like $80, a 60 ML Explorer for $40, and a 120 ML Explorer Ultra Blue for $60. I had been waiting for the regular Explorer to pop up at a rack store, so I grabbed that. Maybe not the most amazing price compared to online discounters, but still a nice buy compared to regular retail.

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Stopped by my local Marshalls again today, they were just putting a bunch of stuff out. So they're well stocked now, just not much of anything I really wanted. TONS of Versace gift sets, priced between $59.99-$69.99 (Eros EDT, Eros EDP, Eros Flame, Dylan Blue) - Boss Bottled Infinite 100mL $49.99, Boss The Scent Pure Accord 100mL $49.99 - Hugo Boss Reversed 125mL for $34.99 - still have Missoni Wave 100mL for $31.99 - Cool Water Wave 40mL for $19.99 (a bit high for that size) - D&G K EDP 50mL for $49.99 - D&G The One EDT 50mL for $49.99 (way too much!) - all the usual CK fragrances - lots of Burberry London 100mL for $39.99, 50mL for $29.99 and 30mL for $24.99 - original John Varvatos 75mL for $24.99 (I thought it was Dark Rebel for a second...I wish!)

Last edited:

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
I did get lucky today! Grabbed Bergamot @ Ross for $29.99. I'll continue to keep an eye out for Leather.
Congratulations!!!! Just when you think no luck there it is.....

As to the Leather I like it. Most of the leather scents I have it's blended in not necessarily a dominant note, but this one it's more the featured note. There's a lot of dark mix surrounding it. I get a bit of juniper and myrrh, and a lot of styrax-ish stuff floating around a leather belt. Definitely dry and dark... Not nearly as safe a blind buy as Bergamot, but I like it......

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Spotted and blind bought a 100ml bottle of CK Defy edp for $40 at Burlington in SE Wisconsin. Who’s gotten their nose on this one? Anyone care to talk me out of it before I peel the cellophane? I was underwhelmed by the edt.
I smelled Defy EDP at Ulta over the summer, on a strip, not on skin. It was actually pretty nice...but for a few dollars more you can get Dylan Blue from discounters. However, it might be a good pickup if you don't own too many blue fragrances.

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
A local Ross was packed to the gills with fragrances on the racks. Nothing too exciting - I picked up 1.7 oz/50 ml bottles of Abercrombie & Fitch "First Instinct Extreme" and "First Instinct Blue" for $17.99 each. Never tried a First Instinct frag, but I've seen Ross TLTG Reviews on Youtube talk them up as solid rack store finds. Grabbed Extreme because he says that's the spicier one more suited to cold weather, and Blue because he said that's a short lived fragrance sort of ideal for the gym, and I work out regularly. Tried Extreme on skin, and it's...kind of underwhelming. It smells kind of synthethic. Maybe too musky for my taste. There are a number of warmer Cremo fragrances I feel like I enjoy more than this. Also, the presentation is rather cheap. Banana Republic Icon collection, this ain't. But I'll give it some more tries.

Then I went over to a neighoring Marshalls, they didn't have so many fragrances...but they did have a 8 oz/237 ml bottle of Polo Cologne Intense. I felt like I had to scoop that up. And...another fragrance I'm not really over the moon for. Might end up returning that one.

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Then I went over to a neighoring Marshalls, they didn't have so many fragrances...but they did have a 8 oz/237 ml bottle of Polo Cologne Intense. I felt like I had to scoop that up. And...another fragrance I'm not really over the moon for. Might end up returning that one.
There's a few of those 8oz bottles at my Marshalls...I hope they're still around for red/yellow tag, but they'll probably get snapped up by Xmas shoppers.

maksidrom

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 30, 2003
Marshalls and TJXs in my area are noticeably slimmer in the fragrance dept compared to just a week ago, most of the nicer stuff is gone, I am glad I picked up what I wanted in the recent days because I doubt much will be left by Xmas day. The overpriced Missoni's are still there though, Commodity all gone. Ross had JHAG Not a Perfume 50 ml for $50 and Burlington had Ferragamo Uomo 100 ml for $40. That's about it.

speckmann0706

Basenotes Institution
Mar 8, 2017
Seen the new Azzaro Pour Homme box for the first time at Ross, white Azzaro logo on top of the box and no longer refillable bottles 100ml was priced at $27. Most likely L’Oreal version and watered down least these will be easy to spot to avoid.

maksidrom

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 30, 2003
Ross: Commodity Bergamot for $30, JHAG NAP 100 ml for $70, BR Grassland and BR Leather Reserve still at $20, Polo Cologne Intense huge bottle for $50.
Marshalls: Montblanc Explorer 60 ml for $40 and another Atelier Bloem for $30, so it's not a fluke apparently.
Saw TdH Vetiver at Saks Off 5th as well, but it was 50 ml bottle for some ridiculous price, like $80 or $90. Hard pass.
Overall very little in term of sales, discounts, offerings, selection. Macy's these days has better sales than discounters.

Last edited:

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
Stopped in a Burlington that don't get too often and they were definitely stocked up. Lots of typical designer stuff... the only thing that caught my attention was Dunhill Custom 3.4 for 19.99. But after just looking at reviews not sure it is worth buying. One that surprised me, Marc Ecko Charge. I don't think they have had a new fragrance in a long time. Not expecting much but I have a bit of a soft spot for the original as a decent cheapie..... they were all in plastic theft containers and wrapped.... Anyone managed to smell this (or bought it)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...