Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 4, 2021

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
I stopped by my local Marshalls for the first time in a while. Pretty wiped out...but they had quite a few Commodity Vetiver 100mL - yellow tagged to $18.00 - I passed, but I do like Vetiver fragrances... so I might regret not picking one up.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
I stopped by my local Marshalls for the first time in a while. Pretty wiped out...but they had quite a few Commodity Vetiver 100mL - yellow tagged to $18.00 - I passed, but I do like Vetiver fragrances... so I might regret not picking one up.

Same here but mine had Vetiver and Bergamot. I took a flyer and got both. will see if I regret that!!

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
Picked up one of the last remaining AoS Coriander & Cardamom and Oud Suede 30 ml for $3.99 at Burlington.

they had quite a few Commodity Vetiver 100mL - yellow tagged to $18.00 - I passed, but I do like Vetiver fragrances... so I might regret not picking one up.

I grabbed a bottle for $24 last week and would pick up another one at $18 in a heartbeat.

Hyde65

Sep 1, 2004
Not Marshall's, but I was in Macy's today and the men's counters were almost completely empty. I know they must have sold a lot at Christmas, but I have never seen completely empty display cases before. Maybe they are going out of business.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Not Marshall's, but I was in Macy's today and the men's counters were almost completely empty. I know they must have sold a lot at Christmas, but I have never seen completely empty display cases before. Maybe they are going out of business.
They were pretty dismal in my area also.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Saw a 200ml of Burberry Brit For Men at TJMAXX, most likely the newer formulation which could be for the worse $60 I passed since I wasn’t wowed by it before. Seen a bunch of Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli 100ml bottles remaining at another TJMAXX by me surprising since it’s a decent fragrance.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
My stores remain pretty empty until father's day. Unless there are a few releases that don't go over well, or get discontinued then some surprises will pop up.

Yes the Marshalls near me looked like a department store it had so much at Christmas. Went by yesterday and it was a row of Cool Water and a row of Guess and some stragglers

Oviatt

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 30, 2007
Wow-yet again I feel like I am in East Berlin and y'all are in West Berlin. Covid so bad here they are saying to buy bags of ice if someone dies at home because the morgues and mortuaries are overflowing, parking corpses in trucks in the parking lot. Literally, I drove past a funeral home with a fleet of ominous looking trucks in their parking lot. A swing through Marshalls (or Neiman's, for that matter) sounds like heaven but I don't want literally to end up there (or the other place) because of it..... Thank God that Total Wine has touch free curbside pickup.... The only volatile liquids I am buying at present.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Wow-yet again I feel like I am in East Berlin and y'all are in West Berlin. Covid so bad here they are saying to buy bags of ice if someone dies at home because the morgues and mortuaries are overflowing, parking corpses in trucks in the parking lot. Literally, I drove past a funeral home with a fleet of ominous looking trucks in their parking lot. A swing through Marshalls (or Neiman's, for that matter) sounds like heaven but I don't want literally to end up there (or the other place) because of it..... Thank God that Total Wine has touch free curbside pickup.... The only volatile liquids I am buying at present.

I truly feel for you guys. It won’t last forever.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
Tough to walk away from with prices like that. Let us know what you think of them!

Short version I don't regret either buy. I can see why at $150 or whatever these were priced at originally how they could get some thumbs down, but at $18 or $25 not bad at all.

Just one wear of the Bergamot, it is quite light and pleasant with average or just under longevity. Compares somewhat to Ferrari Pure Bergamot but with more citrus. Odysseum's review is pretty accurate imo.....

Have few wears of the Vetiver and quite liking it. It's a very sharp vetiver with the other notes well into the background and it has well above average longevity. It's not too dark. Offhand I can't think of a similar vetiver. It gets just a little bit smoky with time but doesn't change much. I'm not sure I could recommend this to all as it doesn't seem like it would be mainstream popular. If anyone is interested, take a quick look at the reviews.... they are all over the map and don't sound like reviews of one scent. There are perhaps part of two I agree with but in general it seems like they are not smelling the same thing.... could this have been reformulated that quickly?

The only thing I remember reading about the line was poor longevity, and that is not the case, particularly with vetiver. One spray almost takes you into the next day. On the negative side, these are very linear almost one-note types. Someone that expects different aspects over time will surely not like that, or might complain about no complexity.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019

Where is this?

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Short version I don't regret either buy. I can see why at $150 or whatever these were priced at originally how they could get some thumbs down, but at $18 or $25 not bad at all.

Just one wear of the Bergamot, it is quite light and pleasant with average or just under longevity. Compares somewhat to Ferrari Pure Bergamot but with more citrus. Odysseum's review is pretty accurate imo.....

Have few wears of the Vetiver and quite liking it. It's a very sharp vetiver with the other notes well into the background and it has well above average longevity. It's not too dark. Offhand I can't think of a similar vetiver. It gets just a little bit smoky with time but doesn't change much. I'm not sure I could recommend this to all as it doesn't seem like it would be mainstream popular. If anyone is interested, take a quick look at the reviews.... they are all over the map and don't sound like reviews of one scent. There are perhaps part of two I agree with but in general it seems like they are not smelling the same thing.... could this have been reformulated that quickly?

The only thing I remember reading about the line was poor longevity, and that is not the case, particularly with vetiver. One spray almost takes you into the next day. On the negative side, these are very linear almost one-note types. Someone that expects different aspects over time will surely not like that, or might complain about no complexity.

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like they're worth a blind-buy at the clearance price. They're probably long gone from my local store by now...

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
LOL, that's a lot of Gucci...
P.S. I quite like that Good Chemistry Brainiac btw, picked up a couple of bottles when Target was clearing them out a year ago.

TJ Maxx: Hermes Un Jardin sur la Lagune 30 ml @ $40, Versace Eros Flame 200 ml @ $70 and a very very random beat up Moschino Friends 75 ml with a tattered red sticker @ $32.
Marshalls: Azzaro PH tin can gift sets yellow stickered @ $26.
Most of the clearance stuff appears to have been picked up.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
TJ Maxx had not much but they have removed/redone all the shelves again, and now right next to the fragrances they had a lot of new (hand) razors/shavers and related accessories/shave cream. Looks like they are moving into the wet shave thing and will give those enthusiasts on here something to look at....

Rarely go to Burlington but did in Dec and they had a ton of gift sets. Now they have almost nothing at all, maybe 20% of the shelf space of before. They had one gift set left, a set of minis from Vince Camuto marked down to $16. One AOS Coriander and Cardamon, 30 mil for 6.99. Never tried that brand and wasn't sure if that was a good deal but gave a pass. Found a bunch of deodorant sticks marked down and bought four variations of Lamborghini ones for $2.49. May or may not give a sense of the frag, but am pretty easy/flexible to use any deodorant as most do not project enough to smell them regularly.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
Went to my local L'Occitane outlet today and they were clearing out a whole bunch of Eau De Cedrat 100 ml because they are replacing them with the new 75 ml bottles.
It was mind boggling to see 100 ml bottle priced @ $28 right next to 75 ml bottles priced @ $65.

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_110642446-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_20210116_110642446-1024x768.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 199

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Went to my local L'Occitane outlet today and they were clearing out a whole bunch of Eau De Cedrat 100 ml because they are replacing them with the new 75 ml bottles.
It was mind boggling to see 100 ml bottle priced @ $28 right next to 75 ml bottles priced @ $65.

I don't think there is a single L'Occitane scent that my wife did not like on me. All winners.

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010

Never smelled that one, but the brand is fantastic, and that's a great price!

Latest News