Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 4, 2021

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
Spotted a Luna Rossa Eau Sport 75 ml at Ross for $50. Passed, wasn't that great a deal and it sounded like it's sort of a generic light cologne which I'm in no real need of.

2-3 years ago LR Eau Sport 125 ml bottles were $40-$50 at Ross, so yeah, not exactly a deal. And yes, probably the most boring of all LR's.
Having said that, I saw that $50 75 ml bottle at Ross a couple of weekends ago and when I stopped by again a few days later it was already gone.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Our Macy’s has a small outlet department in it now. Some really good choices to be had. I picked up a gift set of Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme and a 3.4 oz Moschino Toy Boy. They also gave me a $10 off gift card and a new umbrella.

Others they had: Alien Man, Bvlgari Aqva, Carvin L’Eau, Givenchy Gentleman and more.
Happy to have this new source.
Not too bad. Hope they keep up stock of a reasonable selection.

The Colognnoisseur

Apr 7, 2013
Today the hunt for TDH was fruitless in these parts. I did spot a couple of 4.2 oz bottles of Polo Ultra Blue for $49.99 at the local TJ Maxx. Not a bad price but I already have a 4.2 oz Collector’s Edition bottle of Polo Blue EDP, so I think I’m good.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Today the hunt for TDH was fruitless in these parts. I did spot a couple of 4.2 oz bottles of Polo Ultra Blue for $49.99 at the local TJ Maxx. Not a bad price but I already have a 4.2 oz Collector’s Edition bottle of Polo Blue EDP, so I think I’m good.

It was probably a fluke. It was the only bottle they had. Good luck though!

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
It was probably a fluke. It was the only bottle they had. Good luck though!
Not a fluke, I picked up a 100 ml TdH EDT bottle for the same price in my local Marshalls last weekend as well. It was also the only one, it had no lockbox or security seal at all (unlike all the $20-$30 bottle on the same shelf) and was shockingly still untouched BNIB with cellophane wrap. I wasn't sure if $80 for 100 ml edt was a great deal, but then I remembered that I have accumulated $30 worth of Marshalls rewards...

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Not a fluke, I picked up a 100 ml TdH EDT bottle for the same price in my local Marshalls last weekend as well. It was also the only one, it had no lockbox or security seal at all (unlike all the $20-$30 bottle on the same shelf) and was shockingly still untouched BNIB with cellophane wrap. I wasn't sure if $80 for 100 ml edt was a great deal, but then I remembered that I have accumulated $30 worth of Marshalls rewards...
Congrats! Good luck to all!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
c7102570-0eea-4a37-9be3-8ec2c1007dcc-jpeg.171264
Excellent! That's about $100 off retail!

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Hey, I'm late - we can post again! I like the new look of the site!
So I went to Marshalls/TJ Maxx yesterday, nothing interesting...low stock. My guess is that things will look bleak until we get closer to the holidays. One interesting item: a few 50mL bottles of Montblanc Presence Cool for $19.99 - I believe that one has been discontined for quite a while, so maybe a good find for the collectors out there.

NettyYeti

Jan 28, 2016
Stock at Ross has been picking up in SE Wisconsin.

Last week I spotted Juliet Has a Gun’s Not a Perfume for $50 (50ml).
2794C97E-84FA-4BDB-A19D-4D1B040C2D42.jpeg
(edit: Hooray! No more having to edit to prevent sideways photos!)

I passed on that but did grab a 100ml bottle of Lacoste L’Homme for $15 (it wasn’t priced, and that’s what the cashier offered) and a 125ml bottle of L’eau D’Issey Pour Homme for $32 (must have been mis-priced, because the 50ml bottles at the same store are $35 today).

Edit #2: Oh, and also Moschino Toy Boy. Same store.

880EC1A0-3474-45B5-AAA1-CB306676A4B2.jpeg

Last edited:

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
a 125ml bottle of L’eau D’Issey Pour Homme for $32 (must have been mis-priced, because the 50ml bottles at the same store are $35 today).

I noticed that at a local Ross too last week - they had a 125 ml bottle of L'eau d'Issey PH priced at $35 and a 75 ml bottle priced at $40. I just went 'huh?'. My Ross also looked slightly better stocked than usual, they didn't have either JHG or Toy Boy, but there was a 30 ml bottle of Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia EDP for $60, which typically retails for $170. The only reason I spotted it because my coworker is gaga over anything EL and asked me to let her know if I see anything EL discounted.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
TJ Maxx had a lot of stock but nothing of interest except picked up a huge (13 oz, 16 oz?) Ferragamo F body lotion for $7. Usable as just winter hand lotion if the fragrance isn't strong.

The funny thing was Burlington. They had almost no stock on the wall racks but had 4 shopping carts full sitting in the aisle there. Had to circle round to get a look at everything in there, several never-seen-before stuff including something with a spanish name that had a bottle like yacht man, a mess of Nissan, and more but nothing work even checking the price..... the only thing I saw that might interest anyone was some Camutos, $20 for 1.7.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Saks off 5th here in DC had a good selection today, but the discount was only 30%, so not really much. There were many Acqua di parma, small and large sizes. And TdH vetiver. Another interesting thing was Estee Lauder Private collection tuberose gardenia. And an al haramain, never seen those at these stores.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
Burlington
-Halston Z-14 edt & aftershave gift sets. Interesting thing to note, there is not treemoss listed in the notes. Did the EA version used to have treemoss? I want to say that the AS still had oakmoss listed, but that could have been for the reformed Quorum AS.
-Michael Jordan fragrances, Legend, 25, and the original, w/gift sets.
-Eternity for Men all over the place.
-D&G Light Blue
-360 Red
-Obsession
There were more designers and cheapies, and while they had a good selection and fully stocked, nothing really stood out.

Marshalls/TJ Maxx
-Commodity (no Book_
-CK Shock 1 for Him
-D&G Light Blue and flankers
-Terre d'Hermes @$79.99
-Versace Dreamer
-Versace Eros Gift Set

cologne_enthusiast

Feb 21, 2015
I just picked up Commodity Vetiver at Marshalls. I think they screwed up the price as it didnt have a price on it. At checkout they only charged me 15 bucks. It was a good buy. The opening is dark and green. its heavy but then the florals lighten it up. Almost forgot they also had Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin. I haven’t smelled that one yet. A rose scent?

Latest News