Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 4, 2021

Found a 1.7 of Vince Camuto Virtu at Marshalls for $19.99. Not a particularly good price, scent is OK; nothing great, but in line with the price. It just stood out among the rows and rows of the usual.

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Went to TJ Maxx today, they're pretty wiped out! They had two Versace The Dreamer gift sets...both opened and the bottles were gone! Anyways, popped over to Marshalls, still pretty light on inventory... but they got a ton of the Guess Seductive in - Homme, Homme Blue and Noir. All 100mL for $19.99 each. I'm still on the lookout for Guess 1981 Los Angeles. Also had 7 bottles of Starwalker red tagged to $16.00 ea. I feel like I should pick one up, seems like the price around the web might go way up at some point soon! They still had some BR Cypress Cedar 75mL for $21.99 and BR Black Walnut Legend 100mL $19.99. Anybody own or try the Legend? I know it's suppossed to be an Aventus inspired fragrance, wonder how it compares to EL London or Explorer?

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
The Legend has a dusty, nuttiness to it. I didn’t care for it ultimately. I prefer EL London, but at the end of the day I’m just not an Aventus guy. I dig it for the first hour, and then it kind of bugs me.

Marshall’s is still bleak but I did pick up Polo Red Extreme for $45, 75ml. Thought that was decent and I love the scent.

My TJ Maxx was really sad. The normal area for the men’s frags was completely empty, and they’d moved the very small inventory to some narrow shelf place nearby. It was weird.

Burlington looked like a bomb hit it. Whole area was in disarray, with the nearby watches area just mixed in with everything and the men’s and women’s scents just scattered around together. Damn near picked up a CK Truth though (first time spotted) for $25 (100 ml) but I have too many spring and fresh scents as it is. Sounds wonderful though. Did I blow it?

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Just a head's up that my local Wal-Mart had the 1.7 OZ EDT of Fahrenheit for $49.99. I don't know if that holds true for all Wal-Marts, but that's a great price.

Yeah! The Wal-Mart in my area has had one 50mL bottle in their case for a few years now, priced at $49.99! Whenever I shop, I check to see if it's still there...it was as of last month!

NettyYeti

Jan 28, 2016
Just a head's up that my local Wal-Mart had the 1.7 OZ EDT of Fahrenheit for $49.99. I don't know if that holds true for all Wal-Marts, but that's a great price.

Thanks Chuck. I’ll also throw out my own “heads up”:

CVS also carries the 1.7 oz, and sometimes they send out “40% one item” coupons. I got mine for $36 less than a year ago, but YMMV.

I just checked the CVS app and the 1.7 oz is currently $65, but they have a BOGO 50% off deal. Food for thought.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
Checked out some of the outlets near me and Burberry scents are all over. London, Touch, Brit. I almost pulled the trigger on London, but $39.99 for 1.6oz. seems still a bit high. I haven't sampled it in a while. Still may consider.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
At Marshalls...

CKone Shock for Him $19.99
D&G Light Blue $59.99

Eternity for Men Summer 2019 $24.99
I think this is supposed to be the good Eternity flanker, with the Aqua being the boring one. Didn't want to blind buy it though.

Polo Red
Eternity for Men
Cool Water
Burberry something...

A few more designers but none that were apparently worth remembering.

Ross has absolutely nothing. I don't know if people are buying up fragrances, I've come on a bad day, or there in a drought. They just had Grey Flannel, Bora, Bora, and Mambo. Three bottles. And that Marvel Iron Man bs.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
I picked up that 2019 Eternity Summer a couple months back and wear it quite a bit. It’s different and refreshing. It’s worth $25 for sure. Eternity Air is also worth buying IMO. Smells and projects better and lasts longer than Aqua.

Also this summer, I sprayed the 2021 Eternity Summer at Macy’s and loved it. Like a rich vanilla suntan lotion. But last week I sprayed it again and couldn’t smell much of anything. Of course at that point I’d sampled quite a few rich, darker scents and may have been nose blind. But I may still purchase if I see it at the discounters. Atomizers on all Eternity products are first rate.

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
Oh yeah, they had Bergomot by Commodity for $24.99.
Terre d'Hermes at $129.

A female friend of mine absolutely loves Commodity Bergamot. Favorite of mine as well, the top smells like a ~photorealistic~ tart lemonade. It's a huge discount when you find them at rack stores, retail price for 100 ml bottles is $135.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
A female friend of mine absolutely loves Commodity Bergamot. Favorite of mine as well, the top smells like a ~photorealistic~ tart lemonade. It's a huge discount when you find them at rack stores, retail price for 100 ml bottles is $135.

Had a chance to snag a Commodity Bergamot earlier this year and didn’t because I had a lot of citrusy smells already, but this sounds good and I’ll snag it next time around.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
Alfa Romeo Blue. $16.99 @ Burlington. Anyone try it?

Oh yeah, they had Bergomot by Commodity for $24.99.
Terre d'Hermes at $129.

Someone has to buy the Alfa Romeo and report back!!! Have too much curiosity of auto frags....

I got Commodity Bergamot on clearance a bit cheaper than that..... That seems like a good price, not sure I would pay much more for it but for $25 it's pretty good.... although the two commodity frags I have are pretty linear if that's an issue.....

Tol58

Nov 26, 2018
Picked up a few Armani ADG flankers…. Absolu Instinct 2.5oz from Belk for $66.30, Profondo Lights from the Armani site with their 25% off sale, and Profumo 3.4oz from Ulta with a 20% off code…. Debated over the Code Absolu for 50% off at Macy’s online but ultimately passed

dealt7faux

Apr 24, 2015
Juliette has a gun @ 59.00 I don't know which fragrance because half the label was ripped off.
Missoni gift set @ 39.00
Versace Dylan Blue @ 29. 3.4/100ml.
Gucci Memoire D'Une Odeur 89.00

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I remember when Dylan Blue was first released and it immediately hit the discounters. At TJ Maxx there were gift sets going for 39.99.

Interesting. It looked both chic and off-brand at the same time.

What size was that?

I didn't look at the size. I thought they only made one size and was like "Damn, that's a discount!?"

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
Went to TJ Maxx today, they're pretty wiped out! They had two Versace The Dreamer gift sets...both opened and the bottles were gone! Anyways, popped over to Marshalls, still pretty light on inventory... but they got a ton of the Guess Seductive in - Homme, Homme Blue and Noir. All 100mL for $19.99 each. I'm still on the lookout for Guess 1981 Los Angeles. Also had 7 bottles of Starwalker red tagged to $16.00 ea. I feel like I should pick one up, seems like the price around the web might go way up at some point soon! They still had some BR Cypress Cedar 75mL for $21.99 and BR Black Walnut Legend 100mL $19.99. Anybody own or try the Legend? I know it's suppossed to be an Aventus inspired fragrance, wonder how it compares to EL London or Explorer?

Missed this.I have Black Walnut Legend, picked it up back in the spring at Burlington. It's nice enough, but I've never bothered pulling it out since getting it. My preferred "inspired by Aventus" frag is a frag called "Sophisticated and Aromatic" by the company Hawthorne. It just seems higher quality to me so I've had no need to use BWL. I really like the Banana Republic Icon Collection though, Cypress Cedar is a favorite.

Interesting. It looked both chic and off-brand at the same time.

It's sort of got this functional, minimalist aesthetic that I appreciate. It's certainly on the higher end of quality for what you typically find at rack stores. Kind of an Americanized niche approach.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
CK Eternity for Men EdP boxset at the Rack for $50. Didn't get it as I have no idea what it smells like.

Eternity EdP is legit. If you’re curious try and sample it somewhere. My pre-Sephora Kohl’s always had a tester, but I haven’t checked out the Sephora installation there yet. And Macy’s might too. It’s on my list of things to buy eventually..

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Our Macy’s has a small outlet department in it now. Some really good choices to be had. I picked up a gift set of Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme and a 3.4 oz Moschino Toy Boy. They also gave me a $10 off gift card and a new umbrella.

Others they had: Alien Man, Bvlgari Aqva, Carvin L’Eau, Givenchy Gentleman and more.
Happy to have this new source.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
Our Macy’s has a small outlet department in it now. Some really good choices to be had. I picked up a gift set of Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme and a 3.4 oz Moschino Toy Boy. They also gave me a $10 off gift card and a new umbrella.

Others they had: Alien Man, Bvlgari Aqva, Carvin L’Eau, Givenchy Gentleman and more.
Happy to have this new source.

Interesting. And what were the prices?

Red Hawk

Dec 4, 2019
Spotted a Luna Rossa Eau Sport 75 ml at Ross for $50. Passed, wasn't that great a deal and it sounded like it's sort of a generic light cologne which I'm in no real need of.

Also swung by my local Kohls, they have yet to install a Sephora. The fragrance section looks the same as it did a year ago.

Latest News