Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 4, 2021

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Picked up a MB Individuel yesterday. Great frag. Left the SF Acqua Essentiale Blu as it was unwrapped and was missing a cap. I was hoping they’d sell it for $9.99 but they wanted $20.

I've had Individuel and Starwalker in my hands so many times...but still haven't bought them. I really should pick them up before they disappear forever. (if it's true that they're both discontinued)

Windblownhair

May 9, 2012
First time ever seeing a Creed (Aventus) at TJ Maxx. Didn’t see the price point, as it was squirreled away in a jewelry case, with not an employee in sight.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
I know I could get a larger version of the Burberry online for a much better price per ounce, but alive never tried Brit and I’d never seen it anywhere either, so I seized on the opportunity try it in a smaller size, in case I do t like it. And seriously, I’m approaching 80 fragrances now, so I’ll probably never finish what I have anyway.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I haven't seen to any of these stores in close to a month....which is a record in my basenotes member days. I'll probably go in at some point, after all, my son works at Marshall's. But I'm mostly holding off until November get here. Always good selections when we get there.

Last edited:

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
Saw a CH Bad Boy at TJs for $75. I wanted to buy it on impulse but didn’t. It’s not highly regarded on here. I’ve smelled one of these Bad Boys that’s pungent with Cannabis, but I think it’s a flanker.

DG Light a blue 4.2 oz for $60 as well. Not bad, but another pass.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
The shelves at all my area rack stores (NYC suburb) have been anemic for at least 6 weeks. Every now and again Burlington will get full, but not a lot of great choices. TJ Max is basically barren. I assume it’s seasonal (this is my first year in this hobby and actively checking rack stores for deals.

Do the floodgates break sometime in autumn? Or are we basically waiting for TG and the Holiday season rush?

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
The shelves at all my area rack stores (NYC suburb) have been anemic for at least 6 weeks. Every now and again Burlington will get full, but not a lot of great choices. TJ Max is basically barren. I assume it’s seasonal (this is my first year in this hobby and actively checking rack stores for deals.

Do the floodgates break sometime in autumn? Or are we basically waiting for TG and the Holiday season rush?

There's a possibility you will see some of the spring and summer releases go to discounters as the big retail stores make room for new releases but that's doubtful. Look for stores to slowly stock up in late October or early November.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
I am not sure holiday season will be much of an improvement, considering nothing is business as usual this year either in retail or logistics.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
No bargains, but some random findings in TJ Maxx women's fragrance dept: Hermes L'Ombre Des Merveilles 30 ml for $50, Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir 30 ml for $60 and Replica Music Festival 10 ml for $13. The men's dept was as sucky as ever. I also came across Verveine Mandarine EDT 100 ml on sale marked down to $45.50, was very temped, but poor performance held me off.

IMG_20210904_114641180.jpg IMG_20210904_114710113.jpg IMG_20210904_123403061.jpg IMG_20210904_123538897.jpg

BSmell

Sep 12, 2018
Made a run to my local Marshalls and TJ Maxx, nothing new or amazing to report. Marshalls had a new shipment of CK One Shock 100mL - $19.99, good price, I just don't like the scent. TJ Maxx had a couple decent deals on Montblanc gift sets (100mL + travel size) Legend Night and Emblem for $32.00 each.

Smellyicious

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 17, 2021
Was in a different town yesterday that’s just out of reach fir a normal shopping trip…and picked up the Missoni Wave 4 piece gift set (w 100 ml EdT) for $20. Not quite the $8 (!) someone scored a couple weeks ago, but a great get. This is Versace Pour Homme with a better dry down IMO. Very nice.

Also scored a 100ml F Black for $27, which I’m also very happy with.

I’ve picked up so many things this year, that I’m running out of room. I’m too new to Basenotes to post a swap list, but if anyone wants to buy/sell/trade with me, check out my wardrobe and swap list.

BTW: I’m a fan of that Lomani White Gold! And speaking of Versace Pout Homme: compress all the top notes and base notes of Versace Pour Homme together to leave a mashed up linear scent. Change out the bright lemony citrus to a musty orange, and there you go. Worth a look IMO.

Hyde65

Sep 1, 2004
75ml of Hugo Reversed at Burlington for $25. Tempting, but I have a lot of fresh frags already and the line was brutal.

Smelled a lot of great stuff at Sephora and Macy’s and I’m about to pull the trigger on some full priced stuff.

Don't keep us in suspense. What are you considering?

Latest News