spooky/haunting/goth/depressing scents in 2021?

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
Hmm,

What I'm wearing tomorrow strikes me as something a goth female would wear (it's unisex, but dark) - Clive Christian "Psychedelic" from the Addictive Arts line. I also think anything with dragon's blood resin seems to do very well. I have a fragrance from a shaving set from "The Holy Black" that is from the Tell-Tale Heart collection. It's got dragon's blood resin but also utilizes some very earthy notes. It has a very creepy, but pleasing smell to it.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
Hi motor,

Pray tell, do you find Jacomo de Jacomo a GOOD/QUALITY Fragrance ?

I like it but don't love it. Quality? I need to wear it some more to be able to give a fair assessment.

Also, I'd love to know which (if any) "spooky/haunting/goth/depressing" Fragrances you like/own.

Of the ones I own, there are two that could maybe qualify as "haunting" to me: Agua Brava (the dry down) and Etro Palais Jamais. Of the ones I've sampled, Yatagan and Caron pour Homme immediately spring to mind as examples of "depressing" - although not in the positive sense that is meant here...

Do you also like "Animalic" type Fragrances and/or real Earthy type Fragrances ? Examples : MPG Route de Vetiver ? Original BAT (Zoologist) ? L'Artisan Dzing! ? Vintage Messe de Minuit by Etro ? Thanks.

Nothing against animalic or earthy, although depends on the scent of course. I love Kouros and Nishane Unutamam, for example. In the "dry earthy" category, Sel de Vetiver is very nice. I've only sampled modern Messe de Minuit when I started out - I didn't care for it back then but I have a feeling I might like it much better now.

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
I like it but don't love it. Quality? I need to wear it some more to be able to give a fair assessment.

Of the ones I own, there are two that could maybe qualify as "haunting" to me: Agua Brava (the dry down) and Etro Palais Jamais. Of the ones I've sampled, Yatagan and Caron pour Homme immediately spring to mind as examples of "depressing" - although not in the positive sense that is meant here...

Nothing against animalic or earthy, although depends on the scent of course. I love Kouros and Nishane Unutamam, for example. In the "dry earthy" category, Sel de Vetiver is very nice. I've only sampled modern Messe de Minuit when I started out - I didn't care for it back then but I have a feeling I might like it much better now.

Hi motor,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Back in the day, I too found M de M interesting but did not purchase. I which I had as (like you) I have a STRONG feeling I'd love it today.

SixCats!

OldSchoolScents

Jun 7, 2019
These are old school, but Van Cleef & Arpels pour homme, Antaeus and Salvador Dali pour homme all invoke gothic imagery for me, dark and mysterious figures from the 70s and 80s. All are more Christopher Lee in Dracula than Robert Smith or scene/goth 2000s kids

Staff online

Latest News