Spellbound - how does it smell these days?

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
I recently was horrified at what L'Oreal had done to Paris. The EDT is now a watery mess of cloves. Has anyone smelled Spellbound lately?

I feel like Estee Lauder cares a bit more. I recently got a bottle of Calyx that smells pretty good. I'm wondering if something in the Grojsman recipe has been restricted.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Dane, I haven’t smelled Spellbound since it was launched in 1991. I remember attending the launch at Holt Renfrew. Spellbound was a very big scent that filled the room. Although the notes were soft and pleasant, it was like a giant pillow in there. I bought a set of the concentrations and toiletries available because The parfum bottle was like an old-fashioned inkwell, but never really wore the scent.

I have not smelled the current version and I’m not sure if it is available in The Bay stores or only on the website but it must have changed, as almost all perfumes have over time. You say Calyx is good and I found Azurée excellent. In fact I like it better than the original. Hopefully they are on a roll with their “updating.”

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
Dane, I haven’t smelled Spellbound since it was launched in 1991. I remember attending the launch at Holt Renfrew. Spellbound was a very big scent that filled the room. Although the notes were soft and pleasant, it was like a giant pillow in there. I bought a set of the concentrations and toiletries available because The parfum bottle was like an old-fashioned inkwell, but never really wore the scent.

I have not smelled the current version and I’m not sure if it is available in The Bay stores or only on the website but it must have changed, as almost all perfumes have over time. You say Calyx is good and I found Azurée excellent. In fact I like it better than the original. Hopefully they are on a roll with their “updating.”
Thanks for the response. As you can tell I'm on a bit of. Grojsman kick lately. I bought a few duds - but also learned of new loves like Volupté, which on me is a cool violet. I recall Turin panning it, but I love it.

Anyway, I'll have to see if any of The Bay counters have a tester. ps - the inkwell bottle sounds amazing, off to look for one on eBay.

Latest News