hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Hibiscus Mahajad by Maison Crivelli

Hibiscus-Mahajad-perfume-extract-Maison-Crivelli.png

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

lne, hope you have a better day today.

Today is forecast to be the last of the mini heatwave we're enjoying here. l need to pop out for groceries, but l'll be back on the sunlounger later if the sun stays out.

Taking a break from sampling to wear Sikkim Girls today.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Glad to have a nice breeze to combat the last day of heat. No doubt Dr Dreich will be on duty again soon ....

Guerlain - Vol De Nuit.

533976-istock-136917788.jpg

375x500.49.jpg

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Things are looking up in my neck of the woods.

My ex, after many bad scans and terrifying developments, has had a scan that shows tumor necrosis. He's pulled his weight up from 129 to 140. It's a long battle!

My dear neighbor has gotten custody of her grandson, and he got on the bus for his first day at school here. He's 16 and behind, so my DS volunteered to be his tutor. I remember this child mostly for the look on his 10yo face when he realized I had three flavors of ice cream and none of them was chocolate. He was charmingly gobsmacked.

Q, I'm glad you found your credit card.
Teardrop, sorry about your right hand--healing vibes for sure.
Foxbins, I hope your hip feels better.

I've missed so many birthdays and anniversaries, but congrats to everyone!

My immediate future is centered on my new pressure washer and new hose, after my old set gave up.

sotd is Kai oil.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Thanks Shycat, it's good to see you, & l'm glad to hear your good news!

l got about an hour on the sunlounger before the dark clouds appeared, & it's already feeling a little cooler now. Still, l'm glad l got to enjoy the last gasp of summer. :smiley:

After showering, l'm wearing OSA for the evening.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I'm wearing Jasmin des Anges today from my little bag of samples. Sears has rescheduled delivery of the induction range for the third time, maybe they use a chip that's in short supply? Anyway, I'm up early again watching the sunrise and mattress shopping online, because my hip is not bothering me at all. So I'll buy the same mattress for Portland as I have here.

Shycat, I am glad to hear things are better for your ex. That's a lot to deal with.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
How do you feel about Jasmin des Anges foxbins? I’ve been pondering it. Glad to hear your hip is better and you’ve solved the problem.

Wearing ALOF Liquid Night as I psyche myself up to prepare for the move south. Dreich today weather-wise.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Dior Addict today. Years ago, I gave away my bottle but I got to missing it so acquired a new one. It's the only vanilla I really like.

Sears has rescheduled delivery of the induction range for the third time, maybe they use a chip that's in short supply?

Foxbins, West Coast ports are massively backed up. I was in Long Beach and saw all the cargo ships just floating offshore. There was a record breaking 42 of them. All kinds of consumer goods could be in short supply for a while. I'm sorry you're not getting your stove.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Hugs back to you too, Mike!
Shycat - hoping things continue to improve for you and yours.

I have had a busy day in the garden, getting it ready for Autumn
and only just applied any scent - and it's Mitsouko.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
ExtremeK, that Incarnata from Lebreton was trippy. After the Edie Bouvier lipstick phase, its middle became a little swampy (iris stems in a vase, maybe?), and then the end of it had an intriguing interpretation of suede. I can see why you're enamored; I'll definitely wear again.

I decided to wiggle out of my rut by going scentless in the daytime for a while and testing these offbeat Lebretons at night. And yes, I do have L'Eau de Merzhin in my kit, so I'll try it tonight. Always up for more greenery.

Still hot here, of course, but massive thunderclaps are exploding all around me, so I guess we're about to get some cooling rain. Had a doctor appointment yesterday and we jointly decided to delay my second neck surgery because of the enormous surge in Covid cases here -- this state is #1 in the nation in cases per capita with ICUs at 90% capacity in my county. Of course, who knows where we'll be in 3 months or 6 months, so it's kind of a crapshoot, but the doc said if it was him, he'd delay it, and that's good enough for me.

My New Orleans friend got his power back yesterday, after 10 days rather than the threatened 30, so that's great. And my favorite Hurricane Ida photograph comes from a Domino's Pizza who threw their dough in a dumpster so it wouldn't spoil in the fridge during the outage. Little did they know that it would continue to grow until it exploded out of the dumpster when they returned a week later. They're calling it the Cajun Kaiju.

KaijuPizzaDough.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
:kiss: Starblind ... (((Caz))) ... )))MeAcceptingMike'sHug((( ... LOL PHOTO, Cook.bot ... :thumbup: Shycat.

I smell of incense and woods (Jaisalmer) and calamine lotion. Darn mosquitoes.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
How do you feel about Jasmin des Anges foxbins? I’ve been pondering it.

I think it's just okay. Longevity is only a few hours and the scent doesn't have any complexity. It's a little too sweet for me, too. "Serviceable" is the word that comes to mind.

Trilby, that's a lot of container ships. I wonder what else people are waiting for?

Cook.bot that's a lotta dough! I suppose when one is facing a hurricane, thinking about the ramifications of trashing dough in a dumpster don't really register.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
foxbins - have you ever tried foam-rolling your legs and/or hip? I got a lot of pain/discomfort relief from this myself, after Cross Fit workouts. It's not necessarily pleasant but it helps tremendously

shycat - everytime I see Kai oil I think of you

Quarry - now I want to smell Calamine Lotion and Jaisalmer! :laugh:

Long day, but I am logging off work and making homemade chili (and store bought cornbread) and a nice tall glass of Merlot.

SOTE:

Il Dieci X by Bogue

social.57871.jpg

Ever wanted a fragrance that smells EXACTLY like those tiny bars of Mysore sandalwood soap? Just find a bottle of this incredibly-hard-to-find-disco'd-niche fragrance and you're set! lol

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Trilby, that's a lot of container ships. I wonder what else people are waiting for?

Furniture, auto parts, clothing, electronics, and plastics. One third of total US imports come through the ports of Los Angeles/Long Beach. Rail traffic is backed up too, from the coast to Chicago and beyond. I've been noticing "out of stock" notices more frequently lately and the Nissan dealership reached out to buy back my 360Z due to car shortage. It's weird.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
LOL! I have also had the local dealerships "reaching out" to buy my son's Altima and my little Frontier. AND, I have gotten cold calls to buy my house.

Funnily enough, no cold calls of anybody offering to clean my house.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Cook.bot, my experience with Incarnata lines up nicely with yours. That wet-stemmy part in the middle, along with the still-gray iris is the part I can’t stop smelling. Trippy is a great description!

I’m glad your hip is feeling better, foxbins. I wonder what caused it?

Shycat, I’m glad your ex got some good news. Fingers crossed for continued positive signs.

I wore Journey Woman today and now Zoologist Camel for bedtime.

Latest News