Status
Not open for further replies.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Athenean by Heeley

athenean-new.jpg

jrr2ok

Jan 1, 2013
Celebrating the promise of cooler weather with an autumnal daily wear: YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense.

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone :) It feels good to be back, but it feels a little confusing at the moment :p Trying to find the way to post my sotd from the wardrobe f. Ex :)..... Anyway, it'a cloudy Autumnday and I'm in Plum japonais. Have a great day everyone :)

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
Good morning! It's been really warm here, more like summer than fall, really enjoying it while it lasts.

Wearing Robert Piguet Notes for the 1st time.

Have a nice day!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Celebrating one of our finest today and hoping she will approve of my SotD even if it is pure coincidence.

Congratulations ClockworkAlice 🍺.

151384,xcitefun-congrats-3000.jpg

Van Cleef & Arpels - Bois D'Iris.

02d7cca2ca43da61fac0067f466f7b40.jpg

375x500.6466.jpg

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
OK I am in! New site looking good. Today just wearing a rose deodorant. Despite my general rose-phobia, I find it one of the most pleasant deodorant smells. So fresh and clean. Native Rose and Vanilla.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Hello to Robin and FiveOaks, good to see you both back!

Can it really be only 3K posts for Alice? It feels like she's always been here.

It's pleasantly rainy here, soft and temperate, and I do love a good vetiver on a rainy day, one of my few Guerlain FBs:

nd.69.jpg

The site rollout seems to be going pretty smoothly, I've only gotten a few broken links today. My biggest irritation so far is getting my avatar image fine-tuned to suit the specs, and I'm still not finished with that, but I can see I have lots of company in that area.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
👏 Yay, ClockworkAlice!!! You've been such a delightful addition to the family.

(((HoP))) It's so hard when someone you're close to isn't happy.

Doing VIP Room today after Dzing! yesterday. These two and Bulgari Black share mellow leather attributes. This bottle of VIP may have lost one of its distinguishing features, which is pineapple in the top notes.

I'm nearing the end of the seed collecting that goes on at this time of year. Only a few of the seeds have fragrance. Penstemon just stinks, Mountain Mint smells as you'd expect, Bergamot smells only faintly, but the Gray-headed Coneflower has a musk fragrance that Mr. Q and I adore. It's a very relaxing scent.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I've just finished the grocery shopping and sat down for lunch which turned out to be a donut and milk. I found a steak I didn't know I had as I was putting away the frozen food so that will be dinner. Sears has postponed the stove delivery again, now rescheduled for mid-November. I am wearing Panthere de Cartier parfum and feeling very grand in my jeans and turtleneck.

Quarry, I don't believe I've ever smelled any of those plants. Coneflower grows here so I'll be on the lookout.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Foxbins, as much as I have been a poo-pooer of carbs in recent years, a donut lunch sounds reasonable at times. I have found chocolate to actually help relieve pain and encourage sleep for me. I have to go buy more tomorrow, for medicinal purposes, you understand.
It's the Gray-headed Coneflower (the seedhead is gray, but the flower is yellow) whose scent we find more soothing than that of lavender. The purple one gets all the attention.
gray-headed_coneflowers_5-22-14.jpg

Last edited:

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I have found chocolate to actually help relieve pain and encourage sleep for me. I have to go buy more tomorrow, for medicinal purposes, you understand.
I am a woman who has a bin in the refrigerator for chocolate instead of vegetables so I understand completely. I will look for the yellow coneflowers, there must be some nearby. Lots of yards have them.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you, dears!
I haven't noticed myself how much I blabbered here already!

Jon, I love your choice of Bois d'Iris! It's such a beautiful scent!

((((Quarry)))), I hope the chocolate and the yellow flower helps.

I'm myself am getting to bed with a spray of liquid chocolate - Chabaud's Lait et chocolat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News