hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Lovely Garden by Mancera

150446_6bdcf8fd657b83b2bdfe89c494a8e857_lovely-garden.jpg

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
It's cold but sunny here. I'm still easing my way back into wearing perfume again after not wearing any for several weeks so went with a calming sandalwood scent - Santal by Fragonard.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
So pleased you are back in the fold, CuddleCat.

It's a fairly dull, non-descript start to the day here so I
will wear a new acquisition to brighten up my morning -
Dolce Vita by Dior.

dolce vita.jpg

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone :) Welcome back to Cuddlecat and Happy BN-anniversary to Fanny :)I have my last shift this week before starting with my studies tomorrow and Friday. I'm looking forward to that :) It's a not too warm, but sunny day here. Sotd is Infusion d'iris. Have a great day everyone :)

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. ClockworkAlice, hugs are always welcome, thank you and count me in. <3

Welcome back, CuddleCat!
Kewart, how are you liking Dolce Vita? It’s one of my favorites.

Lolita Lempicka eau de toilette today.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. CuddleCat :vrolijk_26: glad to hear all is well. Welcome back :smiley:

10 Corso Como EDP.

IMGP1673.JPG

10-corso-como-10-corso-como-edp-50-100ml-size-sample-5552-p.jpg

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Ine, your happiness at returning to coursework is palpable. So happy for you!!

I'm giving my sample of Chanel 1957 a full wearing today. When I sniff it up close, some combination of notes (I'm guessing the musk, aldehydes, and bergamot) is giving off a distinct whiff of gasoline fumes, like a more ephemeral vintage Dior Fahrenheit. I blame my skin since none of the reviews I've read mention anything like this. Most everyone seems to love it. I have a strong suspicion I will be scrubbing this one by lunch time.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
I'm giving my sample of Chanel 1957 a full wearing today. When I sniff it up close, some combination of notes (I'm guessing the musk, aldehydes, and bergamot) is giving off a distinct whiff of gasoline fumes, like a more ephemeral vintage Dior Fahrenheit.

face-screaming-in-fear_1f631.png

Sounds horrific.

SotE: Rogue Perfumery - Chypre Siam.

o.60731.jpg

Last edited:

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Hello and best to everyone. ClockworkAlice, hugs are always welcome, thank you and count me in. <3

Welcome back, CuddleCat!
Kewart, how are you liking Dolce Vita? It’s one of my favorites.

Lolita Lempicka eau de toilette today.

Hi tdem!

I am quite enjoying Dolce Vita but I do feel the reformulation is
lacking the depth and sparkle of the vintage version. It isn't
projecting as much as I was hoping for.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
Good morning all!

Samsara for today, working at work, office is de-populated and taking advantage of the network here.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Welcome back CuddleCat and thank you all for the kind words and hugs, they helped. Feeling a bit better today - like kewart, I’ve been dealing with chronic insomnia which makes everything in life less bearable. Still very tired but hanging in there.

Wearing Tonka Imperiale today.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
I'm going Rogue with the fantastic Mr. Jon Rodgers and the fantastic Vetifleur sample that came with my Jasmin Antique yesterday. Oh, this one's going to get everyone's attention. See drseid's review for a proper representation of this orchestration of florals and vetiver. If my skin brought sweetness to perfumes, I think it'd be wardrobe-worthy, but since my hide turns things more bitter or dry, it reads masculine on me.

[FONT=&quot]Vetifleur EDT
Woody, Floral, Green
A rich, lush floral chypre based on Java vetiver
Notes: Bergamot, Java Vetiver, Rose, Jasmine, Iris, Amber, Cedar, Sandalwood, Oakmoss

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
I'm glad you are feeling better, CuddleCat.

My sister has breakthrough Covid--and no surprise since she was just frustrated with a long day in court. The judge kept halting proceedings to tell people to raise their mask over their noses--she got tired and said "I wanted to stand up and yell at everybody to keep their mask up because everything would go so much faster!"

She's a week into it, still in quarantine. It was very light for her and except for one day of strange mucous-y discharge from the wrong end (TMI???) she says she wouldn't have taken a day off work for it except for it being Covid-- she had bright red eyes which she said were very startling, bad cough, a little nausea, the aforementioned, and a runny nose. No fever. Fatigue.

Things taste strange and she can't imagine she would ever eat a pork chop again. Coke tastes soapy and metallic. She's been living on bananas and canned beets.

She's 67yo, but I still asked "So are you sure you're not pregnant?" Bananas and canned beets. Geez.

After 7 days, she says she feels quite well, has her energy back, with lingering change in taste and appetite.

sotd is Caswell-Massey's Honeysuckle which seems too sweet and heavy.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
She's 67yo, but I still asked "So are you sure you're not pregnant?" Bananas and canned beets. Geez.

And this, my friends, is why we miss ShyCat when she doesn't post.

I'm wearing La Pausa again today. I just can't stop. One reason is it lingers quite strongly on my clothes from the day before.

My son and his husband just bought a house here in Orange County which was nearly impossible. Prices are skyrocketing and many homes are being purchased by companies as investments so the buyers don't even live in the houses. I'm kind of angry and concerned. Anyway, it was a miracle and I'm so happy and relieved for my son.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Trilby, I'm so happy your son got a house in OC. The housing market is nuts almost everywhere.

Shycat, sorry about your sister. I hope she recovers her normal sense of taste, I can't imagine beets and bananas over the long term.

I am wearing Fleur de Chine this morning and cleaning a bit. September is almost here and time seems to be flying by.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
I'm happy to report that the gasoline fumes emanating from the 1957 on my skin disappeared, and I didn't have to scrub it off. It's now quite pretty. But given the size of my collection, I need more than merely "pretty," and I don't need a 3-hour nose slog through gasoline fumes.

I'm also happy to see ShyCat and the Southern story-telling that make her posts so entertaining. I miss that about my Virginia-born father and his siblings.

I'm going upstairs to spray either Musc Monoï or Narciso EDP over the 1957. It'll be a surprise.

ETA: Nicolaï Musc Monoï smelled better to my nose today, so that was the winner.

Congratulations to your son and his hubby, Trilby! What great news!

Quarry, when I read the description of Vetifleur last weekend, I thought it sounds amazing - a sample is on its way. Can’t wait to sniff!

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Thanks for the welcome back greetings! My evening scent was another one of my more gentler scents - White Tea by Elizabeth Arden.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Congratulations to your son Trilby! Trudeau is proposing a two year ban on foreign buyers in Canada to help stop some of the housing speculation. It’s a really serious problem with the real estate investors, locals can’t afford housing where they work. Airbnb issues too. We had a terrible time purchasing a home on Vancouver Island this spring.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
It's been a week of the arts for me: my first graffiti, teaching ceramics for two weeks at my local HS, and playing the Berg sonata (via youtube) for the pianist who inspired me to learn it. we will speak by phone, as he has thoughts to share, in addition to a positive reaction.

SOTD was Amarige; SOTN is Serge Lutens Sarrasins in all its jammy comfort.

A pleasant night and tomorrow to all.

Latest posts

Latest News