hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Chrysalide by L'Arc

o.68408.jpg

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
We had an 6.0 earthquake at 9.15am this morning. It's the strongest one I've ever felt, could see the walls moving and a vase of flowers fell over on our table. There is footage of some building damage in South Yarra, Melbourne circulating on the internet. So far, there hasn't been any injury reports.

I'm wearing Doe in the Snow by 4160 Tuesdays.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
CuddleCat - uh oh, hopefully there will be no injuries at all.
Also, glad you're feeling better, please continue to get better!

Q & foxbins - high five to both of you!

More mending and healing wishes to Cook.bot and everyone who also needs them!

Today I am in Vetiver Oriental by Serge Lutens that arrived yesterday, so I'm wearing it for the second day in a row. I really like it. To me it's more "vetiver" than "oriental", but very calming and grounding. Reminds me of Timbuktu a lot actually.

Have a good day!

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
We had an 6.0 earthquake at 9.15am this morning. It's the strongest one I've ever felt, could see the walls moving and a vase of flowers fell over on our table. There is footage of some building damage in South Yarra, Melbourne circulating on the internet. So far, there hasn't been any injury reports.

Ugh! I can't imagine! Glad you're okay!

Only 5 days left of the Old Basenotes!

With my luck, I won't be able to use the new version. I don't trust our IE10 in any way, shape, or form.

Lilac by Demeter this morning.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012

I'm wearing Doe in the Snow by 4160 Tuesdays.

Glad you are doing ok physically, hope you get some peace and quiet.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
CuddleCat, l hope everyone there is ok!

l see there was also a big earthquake in Chile yesterday, & there's a volcano erupting in the Canary lslands. Strange things are afoot...

l have three days off as l'll be working long shifts at the weekend. l've been pottering around the house today & only just got around to perfume! l'm wearing Honey Coconut.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Stay safe, CuddleCat, and be sure to check any gas connections in your house. I'm from San Francisco and lived through many of those, and I know that afterwards you can feel emotionally rattled and unsafe for several days.

Today for me: Avon Sheer Essences Sandalwood Perfume Oil (1998?)

attachment.php

More mending and healing wishes to Cook.bot and everyone who also needs them!

It isn't me that needed healing -- it was my f&^#$@g insurance company and pharmacy. :angry:

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Glad you are okay CuddleCat! Like Cook.bot, I’m from San Francisco as well, and I was there in the 7+ earthquake in 1989 so I know how scary and unsettling that can be. Hope you don’t get too many bad aftershocks, those scared me a lot because I was already on edge.

Wearing NG Iris Cendré, thanks to the lovely freewheelingvagabond from whom I acquired this bottle. :)

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Hugs all around. How I adore each of (((you))).
CuddleCat, as HoP said, I can't imagine how unsettling that must be, and how quickly a fear of the arrival of more could leave one in an anxious state.
HoP, is there really a chance the new BN might be unloadable for you? I've had to give up apps on my ageing tablet over time because it won't upgrade to new versions. This summer I had to get a new smartphone (I didn't confess it here to my flip phone friends) to be compatible with the new 5G system. (Actually, I love it.) There's always this constant march to keep up with tech. My teenage Mac Mini has become quite senile in function and will be replaced one last time this winter. I'd rather give up my washer and beat my clothes on a river rock than give up my connectivity at this point though.
Speaking of confessions, I was wrong to say some days ago I was getting over insomnia. I'm not. Getting 5 hrs a night at best. It's turning into a puzzle, and solve it I will.

I spoke to the 'fume cabinet this morning and asked who was going to speak to me today. I was surprised that Carthusia Aria di Capri piped up. None of the claimed notes for AdC come through for me. In my mind it's locked in as a peach chypre. :2vrolijk_08: Go figure. Lemon, bergamot, petitgrain; mimosa, geranium, jasmine, rose; cedar, musk, laurel.

Last edited:

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Hugs all around. How I adore each of (((you))).
CuddleCat, as HoP said, I can't imagine how unsettling that must be, and how quickly a fear of the arrival of more could leave one in an anxious state.
HoP, is there really a chance the new BN might be unloadable for you? I've had to give up apps on my ageing tablet over time because it won't upgrade to new versions. This summer I had to get a new smartphone (I didn't confess it here to my flip phone friends) to be compatible with the new 5G system. (Actually, I love it.) There's always this constant march to keep up with tech. My teenage Mac Mini has become quite senile in function and will be replaced one last time this winter. I'd rather give up my washer and beat my clothes on a river rock river than give up my connectivity at this point though.
Speaking of confessions, I was wrong to say some days ago I was getting over insomnia. I'm not. Getting 5 hrs a night at best. It's turning into a puzzle, and solve it I will.

I spoke to the 'fume cabinet this morning and asked who was going to speak to me today. I was surprised that Carthusia Aria di Capri piped up. None of the claimed notes for AdC come through for me. In my mind it's locked in as a peach chypre. :2vrolijk_08: Go figure. Lemon, bergamot, petitgrain; mimosa, geranium, jasmine, rose; cedar, musk, laurel.

I forgot we recently added Microsoft Edge. I can login easily "over there", if IE effs-up. :thumbsup: I tried earlier today. Works fun... knock on wood....

BTW... I can relate to insomnia. I've battled it for years and now even more so with DH home all the time.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Hello, all! CuddleCat, how scary! Trilby, wishing you the ZZZs you deserve. Ms Q, well, well, well. . . you are unflappably un-flipped—enjoy!

I've been sampling the Naomi Goodsir discovery set, intrigued by the very name Nuit de Bakelite, freewheelingvagabond's SOTD a while back. Today I'm in Bois d'Ascèse, which reminds me of some of the smokier Slumberhouse scents. Nuit de Bakelite was lovely in yes, vintage plastick-y, and, alas fleeting. I may spring for Bois d'Ascèse.

I depart in the wee hours Friday for New York, where my late friend is being remembered. I am one of several who will speak at a gathering at the Union Club, which necessitated ultimately successful panic-buying at Nordstrom Rack. The Union Club has a dress code, and sensible shoes seemed unsuitable. I also found a pair of dressy slacks with a subtle check that fit and drape beautifully, so I will go in said pants, a blazer , and a shell. . . and the Anny Klein wedges. Fragance TBA. Over the last week, I sought to put together words as well as my outfit. I pulled out my letterbox just to reminisce over our decades of pre-email correspondence. Ultimately, I decided to read one of her letters to me. The letter is about a museum visit, a restaurant, and sums up the sorts of conversations we had. It occurs to me that every friendship has its unique vocabulary. We looked at life through an arts lens. This is what I wish to share, and how better than in dear Barbara's own words. I return Tuesday morning.

A pleasant evening and tomorrow to all.

XXXOOO

Last edited:

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
We got through the earthquake with no serious injuries, some buildings have been damaged across the state but we were lucky that the epicentre (10km underground) was in a remote country area and Melbourne and other metropolitan areas are still in lockdown so less people were out and about. Now we just have to get through the aftershocks!
My evening scent was Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
CuddleCat, how scary! I've never been (conscious) in an earthquake, but they sound horrifying. (There was apparently one in Oklahoma a few years ago that registered a 4.4 here, but it was early in the morning, and I slept through it.) So glad you and everyone are OK.

Jujy, what a meaningful and intimate way to make your remembrance. May the memories of your dear friend bring you comfort.

For the first day of autumn, I wore Parfumerie Generale Aomassai -- warm, hazelnut goodness.

Latest News