Oct 25, 2007
No. 1 15th Year Limited by Clive Christian

clive-christian-4.jpg

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Happy BN-iversary, dear teardrop!

Off to teach in Fabergé Flambeau, not that anyone will notice as we all mask up. I did put a drop on my mask, so I will know!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Ahhh, 11 years of having Teardrop around. How lucky we are to have her.

Jon, does that photo mean that Jeux de Peau smells like bread?

Foxbins, do you still have an abundance of squash blossoms? I came across this recipe for using them in a fresh corn soup that sounds pretty wonderful.

I'm going back to Eau de Lalique today. I would never have thought I'd like dill in a fragrance so much.

EauDeLalique.ad.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It does indeed :thumbsup:

ClaireV says of Jeux de Peau: "reminds me of when a businessman slips off his loafers on a plane – that steamy odor of slightly-cooked feet pervading a closed-in space, always the same regardless of how spotless his socks, shoes, or feet actually are."

I wish I had her nose AND her way with words.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Happy BNaversary to teardrop! FFD wouldn't be the same without you.

Q, I'm so happy you found your credit card. Who knows how these things worm their way into unexpected places? I am still looking for my lost car key fob from 2019 and one of the dryer tennis balls.

Today I spent 50 minutes on the phone with Ikea, trying to track down a package that has been "in transit" here in the city since last Thursday. The Ikea CSA finally called FedEx who said it would be delivered in 48 hours. I wonder how long it would have been if I hadn't called, so I am a little bit cranky today. On the plus side, I got a big bag of free peaches yesterday, so I think I will make pork and peaches for dinner. Cook.bot, the squash blossom numbers have dropped dramatically due to some cooler weather the past few days. I may only get four or five more zucchini from the plant unless it heats up again.

I'm wearing Lolita Lempicka, after a night of poor sleep I'm hoping it will wake me up.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
11 cheers for teardrop! Happy Basenotes anniversary! :kiss: You smelled wonderful in Narciso today!

You read my mind, Q. I'm always yearning for a meet-up :wink: Glad you found your card. Earlier this year, I found my car keys in the cupboard with all of our plates, bowls, and glasses. What the hell. Maybe that's where yours are, foxbins.

I'm unmotivated today, finding it difficult to concentrate on work.

I'm wearing ELdO Fat Electrician. I'm both enjoying it and vaguely dissatisfied with it.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Cook.bot, the squash blossom numbers have dropped dramatically due to some cooler weather the past few days.

I'm sure you'd choose cool weather over a few more zucchini.

Earlier this year, I found my car keys in the cupboard with all of our plates, bowls, and glasses. What the hell.

Am I the only one who's ever found her keys in the freezer?

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Thanks everyone for all the BN-iversary wishes & kind comments! :eek:

l didn't mention this earlier, but l tripped & took a tumble onto the pavement when l went out for groceries yesterday. My right wrist hurt (& l'm right-handed), but because l could still move my fingers l was convinced l'd got away with it. Today when l got to work, the boss took one look at it & promptly sent me to the Emergency dept to get it checked out. The X-ray was inconclusive, but l have to wear a wrist splint for the forseeable future, & l've been taken off clinical duties until l get the all-clear. l have to man the telephone instead, & l'm not happy about it, but l guess it could have been worse! Please send all the healing vibes you can spare, you lovely people!

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Thanks everyone for all the BN-iversary wishes & kind comments! :eek:

l didn't mention this earlier, but l tripped & took a tumble onto the pavement when l went out for groceries yesterday. My right wrist hurt (& l'm right-handed), but because l could still move my fingers l was convinced l'd got away with it. Today when l got to work, the boss took one look at it & promptly sent me to the Emergency dept to get it checked out. The X-ray was inconclusive, but l have to wear a wrist splint for the forseeable future, & l've been taken off clinical duties until l get the all-clear. l have to man the telephone instead, & l'm not happy about it, but l guess it could have been worse! Please send all the healing vibes you can spare, you lovely people!

Wishing you a fragrant BN anniversary, and hope you get well soon! :kiss:

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Three stories about losing keys in just today's thread. On an international level, that must means millions have suffered the same.

The craziest thing happened to my friend/client this summer. She lost her camera in her house. Some weeks after she'd bought a new one, she found the original black camera on the black baby grand piano under the big taxidermied peacock. Happens to everbody, right?

Vibes ~~~ teardrop.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Diptyque Kimonanthe today. I'm going to switch to autumn fragrances now, weather be damned. It'll be autumn in my imagination.

Bummer, teardrop. Falls can be surprisingly injurious. I hope you heal quickly.

Latest posts

Latest News