Oct 25, 2007
Pur Oud by Louis Vuitton

louis-vuitton--W_Fa_Oriental_Fragrances_Pur_Oud_DI2.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Firstly - hugs all around!

foxbins, I hope your hip gets better soon. Like right now.

Quarry - I'm cheering for you and MrQ. Treats are good. It's awesome that you actually ordered the shirt that Jon found! The comment on the colonoscopy photo cracked me up! :D

I'm joining all of you on the endtimes blues. It definitely feels like the end of the world is nearing, in my part of the world, too, with all the stuff at Belorus border going on, and the idiotic protests against vaccination and against current government (one of the best in years in my opinion, but oh well, some people really want to live in Middle ages) that are clearly being financed by pro-Putinists, neonazis, commies and other garbage) going on... Ugh. And they of course are sure they are marching for freedom, liberty and all good causes of course, because apparently vaccines, masks and regulations breach their freedom to spread the virus all around. I can't even. Dear American friends who had to endure some very similar shit through all the year, I definitely feel you now.

The heatwaves and fires going on is even scarier though. Hugs to all of you living in fiery places.

Enough venting, let's focus on the good things. We had fish and chips and coleslaw yesterday, and that was delicious. I've got a bit too much work to do but at least I love my job. I got to see my family and relatives last weekend and it felt good. My dad finally got all his medical results, was happy with them and they finally allowed him to get a vaccine (he was in a hospital because of autoimmune disease this spring, so the doctors advised him against vaccination until he fully heals - not so much because of possible side effects but mostly because they were afraid he wouldn't develop the immunity because of all the suppresants he was taking), and he got vaccinated yesterday and felt well. I am going to a music festival this weekend, and that is going to be fun. I am wearing Twilight by SJP today and it feels cozy and good. Everything is going to be alright - I hope.

Larimar

Apr 23, 2010
Good morning,
So good to see most of my favorite people around in yesterday's SotD thread...
I am happy to read your good news. I have withdrawn from quite some (online) things in my life. My tolerance level has been put to the test, most of all in an increasingly intolerant time (my bells are ringing).
Anywaaaaay, had a great summer in the mountains, weather was rather modest, but the cabin project to become a full home eventually is making good progress.
Perfumewise no news here... I do not dig soulless perfumes consisting of (almost) purely synthetics (isn't that exactly what was planned with these nonsense allergens 'studies'?), so my journey in fact ended years ago.
Tabac Blond Extrait... the good stuff from years ago. A sample of the brandnew stuff is devastating.
Am I being too pessimistic?
I promise to withdraw back to my hermit cave...
Hugs & kisses (only for the risk takers) :kiss:

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Delighted to hear the good news about Mr Q :thumbsup:

:vrolijk_26: Larimar :vrolijk_26:

L'Occitane - Eau Des Baux.

chRtWUQ.jpg

eau+des+baux.jpg

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
Nice to see your post Larimar! I’ve pretty much become a hermit as well lately. Holed up with all my great perfumes out in the woods. :)

Wearing Songe d’un Bois d’Été to celebrate the cooler temps.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Larimar, good to hear from you! Your cabin sounds like it's shaping up well.

A la Nuit this morning, walking despite twinges plus a trip to the hardware store is on the docket for today.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Foxbins - get better soon.

Great to have Larimar back.

I am wearing a new sample I just ordered - Nomade Absolu de Parfum
by Chloe. Either my nose is losing its acuity or I need to spray more.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Big hugs all around and that most certainly includes dear Larimar, always a welcome sight. Xo

What can I add except that I’m with you all on the senseless horror going on in our world. And the breathtaking idiocy, too. I would love to know how many of the crowd screaming ‘my body, my choice’ over being vaccinated champion the same for women’s reproductive rights. Don’t get me started.

Wearing Estée Lauder Beautiful Belle today. Take care, all.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
At least for today, I want to ac-cen-tu-ate the positive and drop a cartoon Acme safe on the abundant negatives of late.

First ... LARIMAR! Warms the cockles of me heart to conjure thoughts of you.

Cook.bot, I'd have bought you a treat. I think I'll opt for a turtle sundae after my c-scoping in two weeks.

Foxbins, rest, then treat yourself to something/anything!

CwAlice, how grand that you like your job. That's huge.

I got a deal on Rogue Jasmin Antique thanks to epapsiou's post about an article at Cafleurebon profiling Manuel Cross that provided a 25% discount code. So, that's great news.
https://www.basenotes.net/threads/506593-Article-on-our-Manuel-Cross-and-Rogue

Today I'm sampling Irisss. Earthy *and* straight-laced at the same time. I feel like I'm not supposed to speak too loudly in its presence. I understand now how this could work on a man or woman. I'm glad to have another reference sample in this category and relieved I feel no compulsion to get more despite appreciating its virtues. I'll hope that one day JM rereleases Iris and Lady Moore.

Lastly, my back-ordered Nomad Slayer shovel has finally arrived, and it's very good at severing roots with little effort. Another weapon in my arsenal against invasives.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing my first full wear from my new bottle of La Pausa. It's glorious!

It's raining at last. It only rained briefly a few times during the past year. I'm making meatball soup from a recipe in my Bone Broth cookbook. I'm feeling so good after four months of taking very good care of myself, mostly dietary.

Hello, Larimar!

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Hello, all!

Great news about Mr. Q., sympathy for Larimar and anyone else dealing with aches/pains (though great to "see" you, L!), and I'm also joining everyone else here who's despairing about the state of the world. The whole thing makes me unbearably sad, though I am trying to hang on to the positive things in my life and the world (there are *some*) right now.

Today I'm dealing with the warm, semi-humid-but-better-than-it's been weather with Chanel Paris-Venise. Classy and (to my nose anyway) classically Chanel, richer and much more complex than most orange blossom/neroli-forward fragrances I've come across, but still plenty light enough to wear in the heat. I'm enjoying it very much!

26155635-2722.jpg

Enjoying all of YOU very much, too, even if we're a largely sad, cranky, outraged, and despairing group right now. We've got this Wednesday!

Paris-Venise fragrance notes: Citrus, Neroli, Red berries, Iris, Grasse geranium, Cedar, Amber accord, Vanilla.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Today I'm sampling Irisss. Earthy *and* straight-laced at the same time. I feel like I'm not supposed to speak too loudly in its presence. I understand now how this could work on a man or woman. I'm glad to have another reference sample in this category and relieved I feel no compulsion to get more despite appreciating its virtues. I'll hope that one day JM rereleases Iris and Lady Moore.

My favorite iris scent of all time. It's so rich, buttery, and smooth.
IMG_3485.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News