Status
Not open for further replies.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

22357_2edfbf2335c08e2ff87b5b481ced74d1.jpg

M

mystic1

Hello everyone! Wearing Terre d'Hermès Parfum by Hermès today.

iu.jpeg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hello!

Today is one more day of ELdO sampling, but a much less successful one - or a very successful one if we're looking at it from another angle, because I found the first ELdO scent that I truly, passionately hate, and it's the dreadful peppery aquatic named Hermann à Mes Côtés Me Paraissait une Ombre. Ugh. I gagged, and endured it for half an hour and went to scrub it off. I scrubbed it with two different scented soaps and still could feel traces of it, so I covered it with my beloved citrusy scent, and guess what, I can feel Hermann better than my beloved citrus. Such is the power of a fragrance you hate, because other than that Hermann is a pretty polite and not a loud fragrance and I'd say even very likeable - if you're not strangely sensitive to aquatics like me.

The fragrance on my other hand, called 500 years, is many times better. Description says it should be a woody spicy rose, but to me/on me it's only woody wooden woods. Nice though.

Have a nice day!

HouseOfPhlegethon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Happy (almost) posting milestone, Quarry!

Yes, jujy - a collection of 19 metronomes. Most are wooden and old. Some have "dingers". They're mainly my husband's collection. He was deathly afraid of metronomes as a child. He has since conquered his fear. :shocked:

Kedu by Memo. This is one of those scents I can't decide if I really like it or not. It's a decant - by the time I figure it out, it'll be done and gone and maybe forgotten.

cello

Oct 19, 2009
Good morning all, I am wearing Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil this morning. The weather is warm and sunny, but probably only for another day or so, and I plan on getting out and about a bit today.
Yesterday I went for a long walk along the boardwalk on the Chattahoochee river here in Atlanta, and I counted 12 species of birds during the 4 mile walk. My favorite was a Northern Flicker that was building a nest inside a tree and popping it's head out of a perfectly round hole he was working on to check on me. Also was able to get fairly close views of a couple of Blue Herons fishing in the shallow water. A lovely day!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Yesterday I went for a long walk along the boardwalk on the Chattahoochee river here in Atlanta, and I counted 12 species of birds during the 4 mile walk. My favorite was a Northern Flicker that was building a nest inside a tree and popping it's head out of a perfectly round hole he was working on to check on me. Also was able to get fairly close views of a couple of Blue Herons fishing in the shallow water. A lovely day!

Sounds amazing :thumbsup:

Trilby, hope the medication is working
smiley_goodluck_yellow.gif

Cotswold Perfumery - Amber.

discover-the-cotswolds-6.jpg

1497611605.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Cello, your walk along the Chattahoochee sounds like bliss.

Hang in there, Trilby.

HoP, he had a fear of metronomes? Did it have anything to do with the disturbing 1953 movie "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T"?

On the left hand: Mona di Orio Nuit Noir whose opening notes are a riot of orange blossoms and indoles. Before long, the good-stinky part mellows out. Conversely, Roberto Greco Porter de Peau (right wrist) starts out simply generically pleasant, but later its jasmine indoles blossom. Waiting to smell who's got the better stink.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
Well good morning, good smelling people. Quarry, those sound like you should just layer them and get all of it at once always.

Keeping it classy in Boucheron today.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
it's the dreadful peppery aquatic named Hermann à Mes Côtés Me Paraissait une Ombre. Ugh. I gagged, and endured it for half an hour and went to scrub it off.

Ha HA! Alice, it's really amusing how opposite our perfume tastes are. Hermann was the only one of my ELDO samples that I actually liked! It didn't smell like an aquatic to me at all, but I do admit it's weird. For me it was a big pile of crushed weeds and soil-crusted beets... which I enjoyed.

Happy birthday today to LiveJazz! I don't have any of his namesake scent on hand, but I can salute him with one of his (and my) favorites, vintage Eau Sauvage by Dior.

DiorEauSauvage_mine_April2020.JPG

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Ha HA! Alice, it's really amusing how opposite our perfume tastes are. Hermann was the only one of my ELDO samples that I actually liked! It didn't smell like an aquatic to me at all, but I do admit it's weird. For me it was a big pile of crushed weeds and soil-crusted beets... which I enjoyed.

Happy birthday today to LiveJazz! I don't have any of his namesake scent on hand, but I can salute him with one of his (and my) favorites, vintage Eau Sauvage by Dior.

View attachment 146090

Cook.bot, you never disappoint me with bringing a completely different perspective on a scent than mine!
One day we'll find something we both hate, though, I believe.
I didn't get the smell of beets. I wouldn't say I like how they smell though. I was interested in trying CdG Rouge just right until the second where I read it smells of beets. No beets and no cucumbers and no celery and no cantaloupe or other watery vegetables nor fruit on my skin, please. And celery, cilantro and courgettes can just go extinct and won't be missed. (I'll keep carrots, cauliflowers, cabbages and cucumbers though. And of course citruses. Not all c-plants are bad.) o_O

Happy birthday, LiveJazz! :birthdays: :thumbsup:
I also like Eau Sauvage, you definitely smell good when you wear it!

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Happy Birthday, LiveJazz! :birthdays:

It's sunny and cold, the last dry day for some time to come. I'm wearing Safran Troublant and looking at MLS pictures of condos in Honolulu. If only I had a spare million or two laying around....The kitten has about a dozen purchased toys to play with, but this morning I noticed he has a dried-out eyeglass wipe he must have fished out of the wastebasket. He is so easily amused.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Well, it turns out I lied to everyone about LiveJazz's birthday. But I'm blaming it on Jon, who I think started it over in the Vintage SOTD thread.

Turns out his birthday is actually Valentine's Day, so we get to do this all again on Monday.

khanada

Mar 3, 2020
Happy Birthday, LiveJazz! :birthdays:

It's sunny and cold, the last dry day for some time to come. I'm wearing Safran Troublant and looking at MLS pictures of condos in Honolulu. If only I had a spare million or two laying around....The kitten has about a dozen purchased toys to play with, but this morning I noticed he has a dried-out eyeglass wipe he must have fished out of the wastebasket. He is so easily amused.

Why do they do that? My cat’s favorite toys were my hair elastics, until she stopped putting them in her water bowl, and actually almost
swallowed one before I yanked it, partially, out of her digestive tract, as she had somehow gnawed it in half, and then began systematically chewing, and swallowing, the thing, like a little goat. The BF pointed out that she may have done this before, with no ill effects, and we just never knew ... but I am vigilant now. Veterinary X Rays are expensive.

Herman a Mas Cotes was not for me. The BF likes it. I can’t remember what our collective thoughts were, on it. I remember the citrus and then a confused vegetal and metallic stew, kind of like Fin du Monde, without gunpowder.

I’m wearing another Maison Tahité for another afternoon of packing. Today is the Big Day of Bubble Wrap, as crystal, china, vases, and so forth, are happening today. I almost forgot ... this one is called Vanillade. Notes are (cut and pasted from the site) Citrus peel, Almond flower, Coconut flower, Vanilla flower, Vanilla, Patchouli, Benzoin resinoid, Vanilla, Musks It reminds me of the amber base of Tiptoeing Through the Chambers of the Moon. Speaking of which—has anyone seen or heard from teardrop? Seems like she is quieter than usual.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Foxbins, khanada, I hear you. my cat's most favourite toys are: a green pencil; my green pen I use for work; and empty toilet rolls. She's also very interested in my nail file which is also green, but I don't let her have it.
I think her favourite colour is green and her favourite toy is anything I'm currently using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News