SOTD: Tuesday, October 5, 2021

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
It's great to see more members here today!:)

Back to cold weather here in Victoria, I'm wearing Mon Guerlain EDP Intense. Not all of Australia is experiencing cold spring weather, my brother lives in Queensland and it was 32C yesterday.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Flam by Memo

flam_memo_75ml_2.png

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Hello!
I'm getting cozy in Bvlgari Black again. It's probably my favourite thing to wear in autumn.
Svengali Alice, you've spoken the words "Bulgari Black" enough times now to trigger me. My BB mini has dried up, but Dzing! is BB+ to me. (Inespenes know what I'm talking about.) I regret not scooping up some D! before it was disco'ed. However, VIP Room also satisfies me in much the same cloudy, sweetened leather way, and I did buy the last bottle on Earth of that.
Dzing! SOTD.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Svengali Alice, you've spoken the words "Bulgari Black" enough times now to trigger me. My BB mini has dried up, but Dzing! is BB+ to me. (Inespenes know what I'm talking about.) I regret not scooping up some D! before it was disco'ed. However, VIP Room also satisfies me in much the same cloudy, sweetened leather way, and I did buy the last bottle on Earth of that.
Dzing! SOTD.
Ooh, I missed Dzing! as it probably was discontinued before I started to become serious about perfume. I'm sure it's amazing, I have read so many positive things about it here! I do have backups of BB though. I hope both of them can come back some day so that we can get our hands on as many as we want!

I haven't tried VIP Room either, and that one is also DC'd?! What on Earth, does nobody like cloudy/smoky/vanillic leathers?!

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
First time actually browsing around the new institute. I like a lot of the new things, features, etc. Have some issues of things no longer available (?). Like the list of most favorite reviewers, etc.; no way to see my most worn in the sotd page or most popular with the ladies, etc....

Hope everyone has been well. I've been so-so.

Wearing Chipmunk, right now.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. Great to see more familiar faces returning :). Such a small timespan yet it seemed like an eternity.

🎂 Happy Birthday knit at nite 🎂

Anna Zworykina - Wind From Mount Kailash.

shutterstock_135753662.jpg

375x500.32971.jpg

Last edited:

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Hello all! I'm wearing Chanel Coromandel today. There was a freaky thunderstorm with rain last night. I'm going to my friend's house tonight to watch the Yankees v. Red Sox wild card game. I'm trying to get used to the new Basenotes.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
lndia Cafe this evening.

We also had a freakish thunderstorm in the early hours of yesterday morning. We were rudely awakened by what sounded like a huge explosion, but must have been thunder. l'm convinced it must have caused some kind of power surge that killed my internet hub!

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Happy Birthday Knit! 🎂

Quarry, I sincerely hope you got some deep and restful sleep last night. Less than two hours is awful.

I'm wearing Musc Tonkin today as I'm taking a break from sampling. It's raining and a little bit cold and I wanted something warm. Bertie Wooster is on my lap and I'm looking forward to a cozy day inside. Maybe I'll make a fire.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Gucci Guilty Absolute is working on this damp, overcast, relatively chilly (~55F) day. Doesn't exactly smell of autumn, or anything in nature really, but compliments the outdoors well.

First time actually browsing around the new institute. I like a lot of the new things, features, etc. Have some issues of things no longer available (?). Like the list of most favorite reviewers, etc.; no way to see my most worn in the sotd page or most popular with the ladies, etc....

Hope everyone has been well. I've been so-so.

Wearing Chipmunk, right now.

Good to see you, HoP! I'm still figuring it out too. How are you liking Chipmunk? I've only dabbed on my sample a few times - I was hoping for a Bois Farine type thing, it's not really that but smell nice enough.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
So good to see you, Phleg and Trilby! And happy birthday to Knit!

I've been unusually exhausted every night for the past week, after not doing anything to earn it. Just realized yesterday that it's mental fatigue from trying to learn everything new on this site. I heard a neuroscientist say recently that as we age, our brains prioritize retaining old skills over acquiring new ones, and I think I'm living proof of that.
teardrop said:

Having no internet at all for a day & a half was even worse than having no basenotes.

It's scary how dependent we've gotten on it.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
:)👶🌅, 🧶🌉!

HoP, have you been just so-so for a while now? I hope you can find a way to elevate your state.

Foxbins, I got 4 hr 20 min sleep last night and got up at 3 a.m. feeling like a million bucks. It's a mystery to me how long-term sleep deprivation doesn't foul me up. I feel calmer, less hyper, but otherwise keep on keepin' on. It's just this damn pain that challenges me sitting on a soft chair or lying down. I've gotten some good sleep sitting in my dad's wooden office chair and leaning onto a student desk from my mom's high school. Imagine my sleeping thusly in a school room. Sort of poetic.

Last edited:

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Happy Birthday, knit at nite!!!
🍰🧁🎂🧁

Look, they have smilies for your nickname, too:
🧶🌃 !

HoP, I'm sure all these good things will return, Grant has still a lot to do here.

I'm glad to see more of us here, too.
I have faith... Until things are solid, I won't bother pestering about my wonderings about where some features disappeared to...
Gucci Guilty Absolute is working on this damp, overcast, relatively chilly (~55F) day. Doesn't exactly smell of autumn, or anything in nature really, but compliments the outdoors well.

Good to see you, HoP! I'm still figuring it out too. How are you liking Chipmunk? I've only dabbed on my sample a few times - I was hoping for a Bois Farine type thing, it's not really that but smell nice enough.
I enjoy Chipmunk. It smells very mid-autumnal, to me. I doubt if I will purchase a decant however. But then, I am notorious for mind-changing.
So good to see you, Phleg and Trilby! And happy birthday to Knit!

I've been unusually exhausted every night for the past week, after not doing anything to earn it. Just realized yesterday that it's mental fatigue from trying to learn everything new on this site. I heard a neuroscientist say recently that as we age, our brains prioritize retaining old skills over acquiring new ones, and I think I'm living proof of that.

It's scary how dependent we've gotten on it.
I've been very busy elsewhere on the net. I decided to jump in here, this morning, for the first time and "give it a go"....
:)👶🌅, 🧶🌉!

HoP, have you been just so-so for a while now? I hope you can find a way to elevate your state.

Foxbins, I got 4 hr 20 min sleep last night and got up at 3 a.m. feeling like a million bucks. It's a mystery to me how long-term sleep deprivation doesn't fowl me up. I feel calmer, less hyper, but otherwise keep on keepin' on. It's just this damn pain that challenges me sitting on a soft chair or lying down. I've gotten some good sleep sitting in my dad's wooden office chair and leaning onto a student desk from my mom's high school. Imagine my sleeping thusly in a school room. Sort of poetic.
My DH has been out-of-sorts and ill of late. All he does is lay around on the couch. I'm worried about him. I keep trying to get him off of his retired-sorry-ass. "You can lead a horse to water but, you can't make him drink." :mad:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY knit at nite, wherever you are! 🎂

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
My DH has been out-of-sorts and ill of late. All he does is lay around on the couch. I'm worried about him. I keep trying to get him off of his retired-sorry-ass. "You can lead a horse to water but, you can't make him drink." :mad:

I've had so many girlfriends go through this with recently-retired hubs, if the hubs didn't have a circle of friends and/or hobbies. It's damned hard to get someone to change if they're over 60.

There are many downsides to being single, but there are definitely plusses, too.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
As I understand it, it hasn't. Grant just expanded the invitation-only participants from BN plus members to now those who qualified for the BN lounge as he completes the niddly details.
Watching BN unfold is a lesson in appreciation.
I did get the invite but thought it would take more time for Grant to work on building the new site.

Latest News