image3-2.jpg

33701Racquets_Formula.jpg

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Happy Birthday, Miss Hesta Jones! :birthdays:

Happy BN-iversary, Kotori! :beer:

I'm in Bois Dore by Van Cleef and Arpels today. Such a lovely sweetly woody scent, very cozy. It was too hot to wear it during summer, but now at moderate temperatures and cloudy weather it's perfect.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Morning all, Happy Birthday to Miss Hesta :birthdays:, & Happy BN-iversary, Kotori! :beer:

khanada, hope your Mr is feeling better today!

Sometimes lately, what with wildfires, floods, earthquakes, erupting volcanoes & war burgeoning around the world, not to mention the pandemic, it really does feel like we're living in the end times. But l try not to think too much about it. l guess all we can do is cling to the people & things that give us comfort, & try to make our own little corner of the world a little better.

l have the day off, & although it's cool & cloudy, l need to spend some time making my garden a little better today. l'm trying my sample of Loudo, an as yet unreleased extrait by Sarah Baker Perfumes.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
!

Sometimes lately, what with wildfires, floods, earthquakes, erupting volcanoes & war burgeoning around the world, not to mention the pandemic, it really does feel like we're living in the end times. But l try not to think too much about it. l guess all we can do is cling to the people & things that give us comfort, & try to make our own little corner of the world a little better.
California checks quite a few of these boxes. We also have severe droughts, some locations in our state is currently running out of water.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Kotori -- 15 valuable years of BNership!

It bums me out to see birthday observances of people I remember fondly, but who don't frequent here anymore. Miss Hesta, will you pop in today?

(((Hugs all around.))) I note that most of the tragedies of our times are of our species' own making.

Chaffeuring Mr. Q for his colonoscopy and another test the V.A. has conveniently woven into this appointment. Want to wear something he finds pleasant, so cozy, comforting Bond New Haarlem it is. Hoping its foodie quality doesn't taunt his empty tum-tum.

Last edited:

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Happy BNiversary, Kotori!
Happy birthday, Miss Hesta Jones! If you’re reading this, I hope you’re well and happy.
((((Quarry)))) joining in the group hug and best of luck with your Mr’s appointment.

Day Two of N° 19 Poudré and I am loving it. Take care, all.

Robin-in-FL

Jan 18, 2011
We flood but it's seasonal, and has more to do with overbuilding than the climate. Not to discount the climate change, just where we are it's a different man-made problem.

And I do like the rainy season, it's oddly just nice to see the water rushing down the street, the lightning and thunder and then after a few hours the flooding subsides (usually) and travel resumes.

Mure et Musc Extreme for today.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Sister time today! My sis had an errand to run on my side of town, so she stopped by and we chewed the fat. She and hubby will be moving to North Carolina around October to be hear their two kids, and will miss her. SOTD is vintage Weil Antilope EdT. Ther's about 1 cm left at the bottom of the bottle (well, yea. . . gravity!) of this fragrance that I am never not in the mood for. It evokes in me an ineffable nostalgia.

A pleasant day to all.

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Hi, everybody, happy BNiversary, Kotori, happy birthday, Miss Hestah Jones and positive, comfortable vibes to Mr. Q (and to Quarry, too!).

Yesterday I was in Hermes Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé but didn't get a chance to post. Today I've done a complete 180 and am in Serge Lutens Daim Blond. Hope everyone enjoys today as much as possible!

26123573-9176.jpg

Daim Blond fragrance notes: Hawthorn, Cardamom, Iris, Apricot Stone, Pallida, Musk, Heliotrope, Leather.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Kotori -- 15 valuable years of BNership!

It bums me out to see birthday observances of people I remember fondly, but who don't frequent here anymore. Miss Hesta, will you pop in today?

(((Hugs all around.))) I note that most of the tragedies of our times are of our species' own making.

Chaffeuring Mr. Q for his colonoscopy and another test the V.A. has conveniently woven into this appointment. Want to wear something he finds pleasant, so cozy, comforting Bond New Haarlem it is. Hoping its foodie quality doesn't taunt his empty tum-tum.

I hope Mr. Q had a easy time of it--Best wishes to him.

I'm wearing Le Parfum de Thérèse today.

Finally, a relaxing day ahead. Yesterday, I made Julia Child's very labor intensive Beef Bourguignon. Worth it!

I was just talking about Julia and Julia with my son. I ordered a cook book! I got America's Test Kitchen to try to improve myself and told Sam "You're gonna hafta eat some stuff."

He replied "I dare you."

sotd: Teint de Neige

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
You guys did an outstanding job vibing for Mr. Q! Thank you! Doc told him not to come back for 10 years. Then we picked up the dog from Camp Bow Wow and drove thru Culver's to get Mr. Q a double mushroom Swiss burger, fries, slaw, and a chocolate shake as a gut-refilling treat. My treat for the day was an Amazon order for bone-building calcium, vit D, and the following. :wink: Jon
B1e+dwJ1HDS._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C91KMoeNrFCL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX425_.png

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
You guys did an outstanding job vibing for Mr. Q! Thank you! Doc told him not to come back for 10 years. Then we picked up the dog from Camp Bow Wow and drove thru Culver's to get Mr. Q a double mushroom Swiss burger, fries, slaw, and a chocolate shake as a gut-refilling treat. My treat for the day was an Amazon order for bone-building calcium, vit D, and the following. :wink: Jon
B1e+dwJ1HDS._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C91KMoeNrFCL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX425_.png

:2vrolijk_08:Yes :2vrolijk_08:

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I'm feeling kind of crappy today, my left hip is aching. I did nothing to injure it and haven't changed my daily routine, so who knows what's going on. I took some Tylenol and skipped walking so I hope it will be better tomorrow. I don't feel like wearing fragrance so I will just say you all smell remarkable.

Happy Birthday Miss Hesta Jones :birthdays: and Happy BNaversary to dear Kotori. Wish I'd had Mr. Q's lunch, and happy that is innards are good.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Yesterday, I made Julia Child's very labor intensive Beef Bourguignon. Worth it!

So worth it. The first thing I ever made a from a Julia book, and probably still my favorite of all her recipes.

Lightly scented today with original Bottega Veneta EDP because I had a doctor appointment. Pulmonary tests, to be exact, which were actually sorta fun. They put me in a box that was like a quiz show booth, to eliminate atmospheric pressure, and ran me through a series of breathing tests. I kind of enjoyed it. Nobody bought me a mushroom swiss burger afterwards, though. :cry:

bottega-veneta-edp.png

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Yay for Mr Q's ten-year good news, and for what must be a bespoke shirt, Mrs Q!
ShyCat, you got this. TrilbyLark, you are welcome to send me any leftovers.

Speaking of things quarry-y, after visiting with my sis, a friend I just bummed all afternoon, visiting Viaduct Park, which was a sandstone quarry. We went out for Turkish food after.

SOTN is Serge Luten's Sarrasins, in the bell jar.

Buona notte!

Latest News