Jamal's Palace by Memo

137988_59b97744d9250ea0da2f2291a047e162_jamal-s-palace.jpg

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Feel better soon, Clockwork.

It's a very "dreich" day here and I have the feeling
that we have seen the last of the summer.

I resumed rehearsals with my choir last night after a
gap of 18 months and it was so joyful to all be singing
together again (the Faure Requiem.) I was buzzing at the end of it.

My SOTD is Alien by Thierry Mugler.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Afternoon all!

Feel better soon, Clockwork!

kewart, l think you're right. lt's been raining here this morning, & it's definitely cooler. l remember well from childhood the joy of singing with a choir, l'm so pleased to hear you're back in business!

l'm pottering about at home today, & giving a second wearing to my sample of Symmetry by Sarah Baker Perfumes.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Can't help but notice Jon's absence. Still hot here too, Phleg: 90F/32C all this coming week.

I'm feeling off kilter today too, but only because I had a lousy night's sleep. I stupidly ate fried fish at 11pm yesterday and it completely screwed up my sleep, plus I dreamed that all my teeth turned royal blue, and that woke me up in a sweat.

I got a new traveller of Osmanthe Yunnan, so inaugurating that today. Still my favorite osmanthus I've tried so far.

4171ysRdrcL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Toot-toot! I've boarded the Guerlain train to share the ride with you sweeties. Lovely Coquin.

I'm sending my best vibes to all of you to feel well and sleep well. I, too, haven't been able to feel 100%, but hope to get there eventually.

Jon must be having a brutal work week.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I'm also on the poor sleep train due to jet lag and I'm freezing, it's 20F colder here than in Honolulu. However, I am plastered with kitties keeping parts of me warm and wearing Salome on a day when Jon is not here.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
and wearing Salome on a day when Jon is not here.

Does Jon hate Salome? That would seem odd, since he loves so many other heavy animalics, like La Nuit and Bal a Versailles.

Were you only gone a week, Foxy? That seems like a very short trip to endure all that jet lag for.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Today, I have a beef shoulder roast getting a 24 hour dry brine in my fridge, with chicken stock on the extremely clean stove-thigh meat out and reserved, bones back in to simmer--to make chicken and slick dumplings. This is one I have practiced with a lot, from a family recipe, and very mean judges have confirmed I make it as well as my mother.

Regarding my recent fire,

One sister replied "A grease fire you can blow out? Your stove must be immaculate! You just emailed to brag!"
Sister two "Yeah. If my stove caught on fire you could see it from space."

Sisters are good to have. :smiley:

Still in Violetta di Parma today.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you dears for all the get well wishes! They are needed. I also wish to feel better to everyone who need it - Trilby, Cook.bot, Q and others who are not at their current best. For now I'm medicating on hot herbal teas and excess sleep.

Teardrop, how is your wrist by now? Hopefully it's healing well, too.

Hopefully Jon is also alright.

Cook.bot, but why, Royal blue is a wonderful colour. Unless it does not fit your complexion of course! :D

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Does Jon hate Salome? That would seem odd, since he loves so many other heavy animalics, like La Nuit and Bal a Versailles.

Were you only gone a week, Foxy? That seems like a very short trip to endure all that jet lag for.

Jon can't stand Salome. I think it's the cumin that gets him. I was gone only a week because the stove was supposed to be delivered on Saturday so I scheduled the new cabinets and countertops for the Wed, Thurs, Fri prior. But no stove...
The jet lag doesn't last long, it's only 3 hours difference but the first day is the worst.

Latest News